Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

I can’t be arsed to look into this properly but is the Wilder stuff on here and Twitter based on anything or are people just hopeful Bruce is going to get punted?

I don’t like Wilder but would take literally anyone at this point in the season and getting rid of Bruce would give a massive personal lift even if we still went down. 

3 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I can’t be arsed to look into this properly but is the Wilder stuff on here and Twitter based on anything or are people just hopeful Bruce is going to get punted?

I don’t like Wilder but would take literally anyone at this point in the season and getting rid of Bruce would give a massive personal lift even if we still went down. 

It came from Duncan Castles, seems like pure speculation.

I don’t really care who the new manager would be, to be honest. I can’t think of anyone I’d want less than Bruce right now.

I’d take a punt on some nobody from the National League if we had to. At least there would be a bit of hope and we might leave our own half.

Players aren't playing for him clearly, anyone but Charnley or the relevant authorities at the club recognises that. https://theathletic.com/2468647/2021/03/24/steve-bruce-newcastle-mike-ashley/ 

He had not sent his side out to be so passive; his instructions had been for his players to press fellow relegation candidates Brighton. Instead, Bruce was shocked by how submissive his team were at the Amex Stadium. He was left questioning himself and his own decisions.

That said do we believe his instruction was to be less passive? 

6 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Nine and a half thousand pounds. 

There was a rumour today that it would cost more to sack him than keep him on for the rest of his contract because there is a payoff premium on his contract

How many lads have we got off on international duty?  Wondering if it'll be like the North Koreans at the Olympics and they'll abscond and defect so they don't have to come back and play for this rectangle. 

10 minutes ago, Ben said:

There was a rumour today that it would cost more to sack him than keep him on for the rest of his contract because there is a payoff premium on his contract

If we stay up his contract is fairly airtight, we go down it’s a different matter. 

I don’t believe the rumours today at all. He’s here for the 9 games.

No question whatsoever that some thick as fuck contract clause will mean it’ll cost more to sack him now.

The only way he’s ok the way out is if pressure amps up on him personally to resign.

8 minutes ago, toon25 said:

No question whatsoever that some thick as fuck contract clause will mean it’ll cost more to sack him now.

The only way he’s ok the way out is if pressure amps up on him personally to resign.

He’s been in this position at pretty much every club he’s been at. Water off a ducks arse as JFK would say.

3 hours ago, nufcjb said:

Didn't Wilder fall out with the Saudi owner at Sheff Utd because of a lack of transfer funds? So how is he going to work with Ashley?

Was for spending it badly and then refusing help to spend it better.

11 hours ago, Ben said:

Someone introduce them to gardening leave