Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

There's 20+ years of evidence that this useless fat cunt is an absolutely hopeless football manager. A little run of decent results doesn't mask that - he's still just as shit as he was 2, 5 or 10 years ago. Pushing mere survival as being as some kind of success shouldn't be tolerated. It might be successful to someone as shit as Bruce but it should never be deemed as "successful" for the club.  

I wish the interviewer had of asked for his thoughts on Rafa's interview instead of the HMRC case (a no point question to something he hasn't been involved in), just to see him walking off in a rage.

Edited by et tu brute

Guest neesy111
3 minutes ago, midds said:

There's 20+ years of evidence that this useless fat cunt is an absolutely hopeless football manager. A little run of decent results doesn't mask that - he's still just as shit as he was 2, 5 or 10 years ago. Pushing mere survival as being as some kind of success shouldn't be tolerated. It might be successful to someone as shit as Bruce but it should never be deemed as "successful" for the club.  

Reminds me of when his Sunderland side won 3-0 at the champions Chelsea after we beat them 5-1.  Show's it's just when things click for his side.

13 minutes ago, midds said:

Would have been an achievement if he'd managed to get a team with Wilson, ASM, Almiron, Willock and a reasonably okay defence relegated tbh. Shouldn't even have been close. 

Spend £76m, finish 18th / 37 pts

> Change manager <

Spend -£30m, finish 1st / 94 pts

Spend £24m, finish 10th / 44 pts

Spend -£1m, finish 13th / 45 pts

> Change manager <

Spend £34m, finish 13th / 44 pts

Spend £35m, currently 13th / 39 pts

What an investment that Rafa-to-Bruce move was. Truly inspired. Shame on him for interrupting our game of spending hundreds of millions on PFMs taking us nowhere. 

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Spend £76m, finish 18th / 37 pts

> Change manager <

Spend -£30m, finish 1st / 94 pts

Spend £24m, finish 10th / 44 pts

Spend -£1m, finish 13th / 45 pts

> Change manager <

Spend £34m, finish 13th / 44 pts

Spend £35m, currently 13th / 39 pts

What an investment that Rafa-to-Bruce move was. Truly inspired. Shame on him for interrupting our game of spending hundreds of millions on PFMs taking us nowhere. 

That's damning, that.

2 hours ago, TRon said:

If that takeover doesn't happen he's not going anywhere. Forgot the horror story season so far, he's bragging about being 13th tonight. :bruce:

“Dizzying height of 13th” - the man needs gunning down just for saying that...

A new manager, sign Willock, upgrade CM and the full-back positions. Probably time to upgrade one of the first-choice CB slots and get some better cover for the front three. On paper that front four of Willock, Almiron, St-Maximin & Wilson is at least on par with anything from 8th down.

4 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

A new manager, sign Willock, upgrade CM and the full-back positions. Probably time to upgrade one of the first-choice CB slots and get some better cover for the front three. On paper that front four of Willock, Almiron, St-Maximin & Wilson is at least on par with anything from 8th down.

Fair points. We have a reasonable spine. If we actually invested some decent cash, got an new manager, honestly would be in a solid position i think.

I really believe that we can easily become a top 10 team fighting for the Europa league we only some minor improvements. I’m including the manager in that because anyone different would get more out of this squad of players with small changes 

1 minute ago, andyc35i said:

I really believe that we can easily become a top 10 team fighting for the Europa league we only some minor improvements. I’m including the manager in that because anyone different would get more out of this squad of players with small changes 

I agree , the squad when all fit are decent , a man who knows the modern game would have us a wee bit higher but make no mistake if ANY manager loses 3 of the teams best players it’s going to be tough , simple fact .

Cabbage has had that this season , very slight sympathy for him on that front . We don’t have a great set of back up players and that’s on Ashley and Bruce mind.

27 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Blithering about ahving turned it all around on match of the day. Weren't you talking about top half and competing for a cup at start of season? Twat.

Aye then the prick turned it round when things started going bad about the target being staying in the premiership. He never got pulled up by the media either about the change in attitude from pre-season.

2 minutes ago, RS said:

Good opportunity for a game of Mike Basset quote bingo

I'm gonna go with the following:

- 'Big Players'

- 'Covid'

- 'Long season/players tired'

- 'Team spirit'/'good group'

I'll throw in a 'dusted worselves doon' for good measure.

"I've been saying for a while wuh've been quietly confident if wuh can keep wah big players at the top end of the pitch fit and healthy then wuh'd be okay"

"It's about an accumulation of points"

(Re: Leicester game) "Ah was really pleased with the way wuh went about wah work"

(Re: conceding 2 late) "Could only happen to us, that's Newcastle for yer"

"That's for shuwa" and "Well, ya kneeeuw" to make an appearance a few times also.

Edited by Pilko