Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

He's getting zero credit from me as I know he's a terrible football manager and has been for a couple of decades. A good run of results at the end of the season to lift the team a few places higher in the league doesn't change that. He's got a 12th place finish but that doesn't erase the utter garbage he served up for months on end, individual players (without any direction from him) have produced performances that have, imo, raised the finishing position from where I think our performances 'deserve'. ASM, Wilson and a once-in-a-blue-moon scoring streak from Willock have bailed him out of the shit, you can look at the table and it says 12th but it's not too long ago that we were 4/6 to go down with the bookies. He's overseen another season of turgid shite in the main, punctuated by individual moments of brilliance. That's about as far as I'm prepared to go. 

1 minute ago, astraguy said:

He'll be giving views on the euros on itv or talkshit, asking why shelvey never got a call up

I honestly don't think he will, he'll probably be off to his Villa tonight for 6 weeks and continue his mission to dig his grave with a knife and fork.

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, Ben said:

I honestly don't think he will, he'll probably be off to his Villa tonight for 6 weeks and continue his mission to dig his grave with a knife and fork.

Hopefully.

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

Next door to Shearer praising him 

time for a list of this cunt's quotes/cock-ups of the season?

off the top of my head - "we played two false 10's" and "we're playing split strikers, its a bit technical".

also... miggy on the wing.

He had time to put down the club too in that interview! Hope gets dropped on a deserted island on his way to his holidays and gets chased by a baboon all summer long. 

Edited by nufcjb

Same again next season. It’s already happened two years in a row.

Told before the season we’ll aim high. But throughout the season the expectations will be lowered and the thick support will lap it up. Going into a game at home to Barnsley and being told how difficult it will be, facing such an illustrious side.

Some dreadful signings, might strike gold again with an Willock, ASM or Wilson. Will probably end up with more Carroll, Kraft, Hendrick and Lewis.

Another opportunity to see utter shite like Shelvey and Dummett in the team. About three/four years after they should have been peddled.

Turgid football, an inevitable collapse of form at some point during the season and excuses, excuses, excuses.

We’ll probably just scrape survival, again. Might even get to a cup quarter final if we get some lucky draws against lower league opposition. But we’ll get knocked out whenever we face anyone half decent.

The good times are here. We’ll even get the honour of watching West Ham and Leicester in Europe. Probably Scunthorpe winning the FA Cup.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

I can envisage a scenario where we get taken over, they stick with him out of loyalty for a season and he lucks into some class signings and we win the league.

The thread on here for him will still be calling him a fat useless cunt 😂

See the thing is, last season.. I didn’t want him here but as we started picking up wins, especially after the first lockdown.. I thought.. ok, I don’t like him but I’ll give him a chance.. think many on here also had that point of view.

This season though, he’s made it personal.. having a go at the supporters for having “expectations”, telling us we should be expecting to be in a relegation struggle when just months earlier he was speaking about top 10.. he’s brought the hatred on himself. Some obviously needed no encouragement to give it to him but those on the fence were pulled in too.

He’ll never turn that around. Ever. What’s done is done. If he was truly smart he’ll use that good press to shift on to another club.

If the takeover doesn't go through and Bruce doesn't leave we wont get Willock, ASM will be off, maybe Miggy too. Next season will be even more rancid than this year. Fucking imagine that. Actually don't, take the summer off because that's all coming soon to a stripped down soulless club near you.

6 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Tubes, man. How do you get things so wrong?

@HaydnNUFC you’ll love this tubes snippet.

Sake. :lol:

Performances and results have taken what has been an unprecedented upturn after that Brighton performance and result tbf but there is no reason why we shouldn't have been playing like this in that shocking run of 2 wins in however the fuck many it was. Bruce is terrible and a smarmy cunt to boot so it's nigh on impossible to give him credit because of that. Either way, this squad is our best in terms of individual player since arguably 2013-14. That its been playing football so shit and results so dire for so long is unforgiveable. 

This season has just been so unusual.  You normally get one rank bad team at the bottom of the table but this season there have been three. I don't recall the top teams getting beat so many times as they have this season. Normally if they lose more than a couple then they can't win the league but not this season. With the fans back next season we will hopefully get some normality

10 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Same again next season. It’s already happened two years in a row.

Told before the season we’ll aim high. But throughout the season the expectations will be lowered and the thick support will lap it up. Going into a game at home to Barnsley and being told how difficult it will be, facing such an illustrious side.

Some dreadful signings, might strike gold again with an Willock, ASM or Wilson. Will probably end up with more Carroll, Kraft, Hendrick and Lewis.

Another opportunity to see utter shite like Shelvey and Dummett in the team. About three/four years after they should have been peddled.

Turgid football, an inevitable collapse of form at some point during the season and excuses, excuses, excuses.

We’ll probably just scrape survival, again. Might even get to a cup quarter final if we get some lucky draws against lower league opposition. But we’ll get knocked out whenever we face anyone half decent.

The good times are here. We’ll even get the honour of watching West Ham and Leicester in Europe. Probably Scunthorpe winning the FA Cup.

:love:

He should walk. We can't improve from here, with Bruce. I think if he walked, many fans would respect the decision and move on. If he stays, with the fans back next season, I think we will start poorly and and will be sacked after 10 games.

3 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

He should walk. We can't improve from here, with Bruce. I think if he walked, many fans would respect the decision and move on. If he stays, with the fans back next season, I think we will start poorly and and will be sacked after 10 games.

Well he wasn't sacked after a poor opening 29 games this season so would like to know where you get this optimism! 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Well he wasn't sacked after a poor opening 29 games this season so would like to know where you get this optimism! 

Definitely could have been sacked after our awful middle of the season, I agree.

27 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Agree unfortunately. I'm not quite sure what you have to do to ever get sacked by Ashley. We've seen it now under both  Pardew and Bruce. No terrible run of form is enough to get you sacked.