Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

A person close to one of the first team players at NUFC told me some weeks ago that Bruce had lost the dressing room back in March. The same person told me this morning that the situation is unchanged. The players don’t like him and they can’t see how he could be in charge for another season. They think he’s tactically clueless.

Something I just went and checked, in his two seasons at Sunderland, Bruce finished 13th on 44 points and 10th on 47 points. Sounds quite similar to him at Newcastle doesn't it, because it's near identical! That would be their 2nd and 4th best seasons this side of the millennium for what it's worth. To think we're deluded calling for his head! (Shows you it's more than results alone that defines a manager's performance!) 

Edited by nbthree3

Was nice of Steve to give his lad a handful of his braincells. 

Pair of em are thick as mince, all there is to it really. I think that's my main conclusion of Bruce now tbh. I think you can put a lot of his nonsense down to the simple fact that he's just a really dim bloke. His son too. 

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

Wish I hadn’t clicked to read it though. Some of the reply’s man, licking Bruce’s arse. A percentage of our fan base are as thick as whale spunk. They utterly deserve Ashley and Bruce the thick cunts.

I suspect some are fake accounts/other teams fans on the wind up

58 minutes ago, SweMag said:

A person close to one of the first team players at NUFC told me some weeks ago that Bruce had lost the dressing room back in March. The same person told me this morning that the situation is unchanged. The players don’t like him and they can’t see how he could be in charge for another season. They think he’s tactically clueless.

Put money on Bruce rooting out any players that don't like him and replacing with guff this summer. He has to go.

His thick cunt son and many in the media have completely forgotten the various soundbites in which Bruce has had a go at the fans for merely being football fans. Just from the top of my head from this season,

Saying in the written press section of a press conference before we played Burnley at home 'ah, so all of a sudden we have to think we're Liverpool do we?' after being asked what he thought about us having 3 shots on target in our first 3 games of the season.

Calling the fans who were critical of the team's performances 'keyboard warriors' despite the Internet being the only way fans can talk about their team in the midst of a global pandemic.

Calling criticism 'histrionics' before we played Man City away just after we were knocked out of the League Cup at the quarter final stage by a Championship side who had made many changes to their team on the night.

Calling criticism during a run which would turn out to be 2 wins in 21 games 'mass hysteria'.

He's a total cunt and renders it basically impossible to give him any credit for our run after the Brighton away defeat. He can fuck off.

If my account wasn’t banned on Twitter already, it would be after the tirade of abuse I would be hurling at that despicable no mark little cunt Alex Bruce.

Steve Bruce is a fat hypocritical oaf and his son is no better. Crying in TalkSport about his fatha getting abuse and then going on like that. If he kicked the bucket I wouldn’t shed a tear. Fucking prick. 

One hope I’ve got for the start of next season if he’s still here (I would say he will be) is the fact he was getting stick off quite a few in the Sheffield game (I certainly wasn’t expecting that). Just got to hope that enough of the sheep who do attend also carry this on. Wednesday suggests that this may hopefully be the case. I’ve not talked to one person (quite a few including a good few season ticket holders) who have any other opinion than one of that Bruce should not be in the job even after the so called decent results these last few games. 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It’s the ‘he’s matched Benitez’ shite that I hate.

If Benitez had spent £100m plus after that Fulham game two years ago and there’d been literally no progress, he’d rightly be getting criticised.

Difference is with Rafa we probably wouldn’t be far of top 7.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

Difference is with Rafa we probably wouldn’t be far of top 7.

Give Rafa that kind of money and this season we’d be up there with West Ham IMO, then he’d get sacked for qualifying for the Europa League...

Guest HTT II
28 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

At the very least we’d be in that little group with Leeds, Villa & Everton. He’d also have considered that as failure himself. This knob would be lauded for it.

Aye Rafa clearly saw NUFC as a top 6 club

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It’s the ‘he’s matched Benitez’ shite that I hate.

If Benitez had spent £100m plus after that Fulham game two years ago and there’d been literally no progress, he’d rightly be getting criticised.

And the laughable thing of comparing points totals two and three years later. Complete irrelevance. 29 points would've kept you up this season. The points required for first was 13 points fewer than last season. On the other hand, the points total required for top half of the table was higher than last season. In other words, points totals are changing all the time because the teams and the context of the league are changing all the time. 

Add ASM, Wilson, Willock and an improving Almiron to Rafa's counter attacking team - obviously there would be improvement. Almost certainly a sizeable one. Especially given he'd spent two years in the Premier League with attackers who either had pace but no quality, or quality but little pace, or mainly just little of either.

11 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

His thick cunt son and many in the media have completely forgotten the various soundbites in which Bruce has had a go at the fans for merely being football fans. Just from the top of my head from this season,

Saying in the written press section of a press conference before we played Burnley at home 'ah, so all of a sudden we have to think we're Liverpool do we?' after being asked what he thought about us having 3 shots on target in our first 3 games of the season.

Calling the fans who were critical of the team's performances 'keyboard warriors' despite the Internet being the only way fans can talk about their team in the midst of a global pandemic.

Calling criticism 'histrionics' before we played Man City away just after we were knocked out of the League Cup at the quarter final stage by a Championship side who had made many changes to their team on the night.

Calling criticism during a run which would turn out to be 2 wins in 21 games 'mass hysteria'.

He's a total cunt and renders it basically impossible to give him any credit for our run after the Brighton away defeat. He can fuck off.

Add in whinging about people comparing him to Rafa then he compares himself to ‘the mighty’ Rafa

Edited by gdm

4 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

One of the replies to the Alex Bruce tweet sums everything up perfectly about Steve. He's lowered the bar then congratulated himself for reaching it. 

That’s a really good summation. Would love someone to send that to Simon Jordan and all the other WUM jocks in the media.

Preferably etched onto a hand grenade.