Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, RS said:

35% possession at home to a team in our league. Should be hung if there was a rope strong enough 

Defended like they feared for their lives....and still conceded 2 goals. At home. 

4 minutes ago, matta said:

Dunno why, but i think this is it for him. Even for Ashley it has to be clear where this will end up.

Here's to hoping for a miracle.

I've no faith there is anymore interest in us from Ashley to make this decision. If he didn't get sacked following Brighton away last season and the pressure that came with that then a 2-2 draw is probably seen as a point gained.

13 minutes ago, matta said:

Dunno why, but i think this is it for him. Even for Ashley it has to be clear where this will end up.

Here's to hoping for a miracle.

Bigger chance he’ll resign (he won’t)

2 minutes ago, MidfieldGeneral said:

Everything about the fat mess boils my piss. 

Playing a defensive back 5 at home against Southampton

They weren't even a proper defensive back 5. He's shoehorned two wingers into wing back positions, but then he makes them play as defenders which they don't really know how to do. Because they're not defenders. He really has no idea what he's doing, he's just spinning the wheel and seeing if it lands right like Pardew used to. 

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

They weren't even a proper defensive back 5. He's shoehorned two wingers into wing back positions, but then he makes them play as defenders which they don't really know how to do. Because they're not defenders. He really has no idea what he's doing, he's just spinning the wheel and seeing if it lands right like Pardew used to. 

I hate managers who do the whole square peg round hole shite. I really don't see how playing Lewis & Manquillo could possibly make us any worse. 

Decent managers can make a team attack minded playing with 3 cb's but with this prick it's more bodies behind the ball and very little else. 

We genuinely didn't have a touch in their third for the first half an hour. Didn't even lay a glove. Miracle we got a point today, absolutely chronic. Murphy in particular was a disgrace.

Our team is canny poor but it looks worse than it should because of the fat lard on the touchline.

5 minutes ago, Pilko said:

We genuinely didn't have a touch in their third for the first half an hour. Didn't even lay a glove. Miracle we got a point today, absolutely chronic. Murphy in particular was a disgrace.

Our team is canny poor but it looks worse than it should because of the fat lard on the touchline.

I'm not the biggest fan of Almiron, but even though I'm not, it's so obvious that playing him in that midfield position, is making him totally anonymous on the pitch and looking like a headless chicken. We all know about Bruce and his sunday league management skills, but what the fuck is Jones playing at also.

Edited by et tu brute

I don't know if COVID has made me numb to this, but have we always been this bad when playing at home? Just looking at our record since the 2017/18 season and we've got progressively worse at home, but improved our away form. This being said we're still midtable overall and prone to a spanking on the goal difference when playing away. While not a fan of Bruce it is clear that the chronic lack of investment from the owner is ultimately contributing to this rotten feeling of supporting Newcastle United. This could be quite the season for all the wrong reasons...

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

There’s no way Ashley sacks Bruce with a 3 year contract to pay up. 

Hasn't got one, he has a one year rolling one. Bruce confirmed he didn't have a 3 year contract. Not that it will make any difference mind as no way he will be sacked.

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

After last season I’m shocked it’s taken 4 games before the fans begin to turn on him

The thing is, it's easy enough to sing for a wave early on in the season when you are full of misplaced optimism and geordie loyalty. But when you paying £30 a ticket to watch us sit back and let the opposition boss the game, the patience soon runs out. No matter how thick and gullible you are, no one wants to pay good money to watch garbage like that.