Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Apart from McClaren he’s had the most backing since Souness in 2005. If he didn’t waste money or regress players with his coaching, the squad he assembled with what he’s spent might have been enough for a solid season.

Absolutely. From last summer especially, Fraser and Hendrick have done absolutely nothing, and Lewis has been really poor for him.

Like you said he also completely tanked the value of all the players that looked decent under Rafa. Schar, LeJeune, Lascelles, Longstaff, Almiron etc.

The guy has cost the club money big time. Don't think he's justified in thinking he can get what he wants at all. It serves him right.

18 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

I know hes not gonna but....

If he did resign it would actually be the first thing he did that I would admire.

And if he had a bit of nous about him, he could twist the resignation into saying his hands were tied at every turn, jones brought in without his approval, etc etc and salvage his reputation somewhat for his next job.

And get the rest of the year paid up as constructive dismissal. Someone will fancy a pop at that. Probably nick the Baker

Sickening seeing the likes of Edwards & Caulkin sticking up for him like this. The money he’s spent we should have a decent squad. He might have even had some assets he could sell to raise funds for players (like normal clubs operate as well) but other than ASM & Wilson we have no-one we’d get worthwhile fee for and that’d be suicide selling them. That’s on Bruce.

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Sickening seeing the likes of Edwards & Caulkin sticking up for him like this. The money he’s spent we should have a decent squad. He might have even had some assets he could sell to raise funds for players (like normal clubs operate as well) but other than ASM & Wilson we have no-one we’d get worthwhile fee for and that’d be suicide selling them. That’s on Bruce.

For me, it is more that he has repeatedly lied about getting more players in, being happy with the business done to date and working with Lee and Mike. Can’t have it both ways I’m afraid.

47 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They are professional sports journalists. If you are getting paid to do a job, you should at least try to be objective. In what way has Bruce been shafted? If Rafa wasn't happy with the way we work, he was pretty quick to say so. Because he had some balls, but for some local journos, being their pal is more important. 

Journalism has long stopped being professional, like. More interested in generating clicks and interactions on social media rather than writing reputable pieces.

They’d rather be pals with Bruce to get inside scoops once a year rather than pulling him up on anything.

Plus the fact that nobody outside of Newcastle gives a shit about the state of the club.

But we’re all guilty of that, does anyone on here care/feel sorry for Arsenal fans? What about Derby? Ipswich?

4 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Journalism has long stopped being professional, like. More interested in generating clicks and interactions on social media rather than writing reputable pieces.

They’d rather be pals with Bruce to get inside scoops once a year rather than pulling him up on anything.

Plus the fact that nobody outside of Newcastle gives a shit about the state of the club.

But we’re all guilty of that, does anyone on here care/feel sorry for Arsenal fans? What about Derby? Ipswich?

I might not care about Arsenal fans, but if I read an article about Arsenal I wouldn't expect to read that they are bottom because their manager has been shafted. 

Bruce would never walk away. He'll be applying the same logic he's applied his entire life, i.e. "what's the best thing I can do for Steve Bruce, what benefits me the most, what makes me the most money, and fuck everyone else". The answer is not resigning from the best job he's ever had, and the last PL job he'll ever have. 

55 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Bruce will go nowhere until he is shoved out of the door, and that will only happen when we are cut adrift in the bottom three. He knew what he was getting into from day 1.

Fuck him.

No thanks. Not even sure Mrs Brewcie fancies fulfilling that demand...

32 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

No one just reports news any more.  It easier to editorialize because you can just throw your opinion out there rather actually doing some homework

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Aye Ashley’s a cunt but he’s spent something like £130m which I’m guessing is par for lower mid-table clubs. I hope Bruce doesn’t become some sort of martyr if he walks man. :lol:

George showing him the exit. Take it Steve, for your own sanity, please take it.

2 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

George showing him the exit. Take it Steve, for your own sanity, please take it.

Seems more a ‘his hands were tied’ excuse despite £135m spent in 2 and a bit seasons. We’ll gloss over the fact he’s shite and hasn’t got the best out of most of his signings, or out of players who were playing well before he got his hands on them.

1 minute ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

He'll get a job as a "solid, no nonsence british manager that'll keep them in the prem" while everyone conveniently ignores that it's a total fallacy and he's a fat pest.

I can't see it myself. He was a world away from a PL position before Mike turned up jangling his jeans pockets. He's done nothing to improve that standing, beyond adding to his number of PL games. He might get a chance at an ambitious but foolhardy mid champo club, but nobody with pretensions for PL will have him on their radar, unless it's a big fat warning to avoid.

At least the likes of Allardyce and Pullis, even Warnock, offer some sort of reputation that you could put faith in.

Guest HTT II
32 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Bruce would never walk away. He'll be applying the same logic he's applied his entire life, i.e. "what's the best thing I can do for Steve Bruce, what benefits me the most, what makes me the most money, and fuck everyone else". The answer is not resigning from the best job he's ever had, and the last PL job he'll ever have. 

He’ll walk only when it suits him, if for example he was getting abuse from the stands every game, he’s a coward basically!

32 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I can't see it myself. He was a world away from a PL position before Mike turned up jangling his jeans pockets. He's done nothing to improve that standing, beyond adding to his number of PL games. He might get a chance at an ambitious but foolhardy mid champo club, but nobody with pretensions for PL will have him on their radar, unless it's a big fat warning to avoid.

At least the likes of Allardyce and Pullis, even Warnock, offer some sort of reputation that you could put faith in.

pardew was too but he still ended up with 2 prem jobs too many