Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

15 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Honestly can't believe the prospect of him going is even being discussed. We'll pinch a few wins eventually and all will be as good as forgotten, certainly as far as the actual decision makers are concerned anyway. As for the idea that he'd leave on his own accord, it's laughable, tbh. He's here until there's a takeover imo. 

Tend to agree but I think the fans are a different factor this time around. If the atmosphere becomes really hostile, he’s got a lot to deal with.

As much as the fans get stick for being happy clappers etc, SJP can still get difficult when it wants to. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

49 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think if we’re doing shit come October he might get the sack but we’ll just see Jones promoted until the end of the season. 

That’s the thing, if Jones is the ready-made replacement then it doesn’t matter either way. All you’d get is a manager that looks less like he enjoys regular Greggs orgies. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Bruce thinking he would be treated any different to anyone else, Ashley is a liar and just tells people what they want to hear.  Ashley has binned off club legends and fans a like, not sure what Bruce thought would happen.  

15 minutes ago, Northerngimp said:

Bruce thinking he would be treated any different to anyone else, Ashley is a liar and just tells people what they want to hear.  Ashley has binned off club legends and fans a like, not sure what Bruce thought would happen.  

He's probably got the worst long term CV of those Ashley has appointed too. Why would he treat HIM any differently. I actually don't believe he thought he would, but he was happy to come here regardless. 

11 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

He's probably got the worst long term CV of those Ashley has appointed too. Why would he treat HIM any differently. I actually don't believe he thought he would, but he was happy to come here regardless. 

I think Bruce was sucked in with patter, obviously I have no solid proof of this but i think he was seduced by Ashley. 

I mean, I can't speak for the super rich elite like Steve Bruce but regardless of how much money I had, unless I've got my own jet I'd fly from my local airport for a 3 hour flight like everyone else does. You can't get to Portugal from Newcastle via business class airline, am I fuck schlepping to Heathrow or somewhere for a bit of extra legroom. He lives in Ponteland I think, the airport's basically in his back garden.

7 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I mean he’s rich as fuck? He could fly business on a better airline. Every old man with grey hair looks like that from the back. Inb4 any jokes about how I know that 

Rich as fuck, but if he's flying from Newcastle he's not going to get Emirate Business class is he?

1 minute ago, Wullie said:

I mean, I can't speak for the super rich elite like Steve Bruce but regardless of how much money I had, unless I've got my own jet I'd fly from my local airport for a 3 hour flight like everyone else does. You can't get to Portugal from Newcastle via business class airline, am I fuck schlepping to Heathrow or somewhere for a bit of extra legroom. He lives in Ponteland I think, the airport's basically in his back garden.

Some actual common sense....

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I’m just happy to learn that Steve Bruce has a lovely farmhouse he is renovating. Very well deserved. Glad we are helping fund that lifestyle. 

Have Amazon been informed? Move over Clarkson, definite ratings winner on the cards.