Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

8 minutes ago, 54 said:

"Enjoy the challenge" it's a fucking Premier League fixture, not some day out playing golf with your mates. He's literally acting like we're some League 2 club. Fucking dickhead.

And I can guarantee you we won't play like we're enjoying the challenge. We'll go out there and set up to get beat by less than 5 goals. If we can get a couple of shots in from distance count it as a bonus. 

When was the last time SJP was genuinely toxic though? Was it toxic during those Mackem 3-0s or when we were losing six on the bounce, eight on the bounce under Pardew/Carver? (Asking cos I don't know). Was the only time under McClaren the Bournemouth one? Cos we were deep into the season and comfortably in the relegation zone at that point, which is a very different context that I don't imagine will reoccur this year. 

Just feel like if we pick up the odd win, which we inevitably will do, he'll keep the toxicity at bay. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

When was the last time SJP was genuinely toxic though? Was it toxic during those Mackem 3-0s or when we were losing six on the bounce, eight on the bounce under Pardew/Carver? (Asking cos I don't know). Was the only time under McClaren the Bournemouth one? Cos we were deep into the season and comfortably in the relegation zone at that point, which is a very different context that I don't imagine will reoccur this year. 

Just feel like if we pick up the odd win, which we inevitably will do, he'll keep the toxicity at bay. 

Yeah, only with Pardew I guess. I wasn't there either, but he got a tough time.

Toxic is probably an exaggeration, just bad for Bruce would be nice.

I'm definitely a lot less certain about how many odd wins we'll pick up mind, we're awful.

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Aye daft of me to ask re Pardew really, of course he took heat, dunno why I forgot that. 

I dunno. I just have so little faith in the matchgoing support these days. 

This is standard fan behaviour though, not protest or anything. Team is shit, manager gets hammered. 

Guest reefatoon
25 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It's going to be delicious this season :lol:

Might start going to games if it gets really toxic.

[emoji38] Totally. Will be great viewing

3 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Remember a couple of weeks ago when he said he wasn't going to talk us down or talk up the opposition any more? That lasted long :lol:

He just says whatever pops into his head first that gets him through whatever question or interview he's facing with the least fuss. He won't even remember half the things he comes out with from one interview to the next. Disingenuous, unintelligent arsehole. 

Guest reefatoon
10 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Aye daft of me to ask re Pardew really, of course he took heat, dunno why I forgot that. 

I dunno. I just have so little faith in the matchgoing support these days. 

There was a brief moment in the Southampton game where I felt it was going to finally kick off. You could feel the mood turning to anger. I think if they had scored at that moment, it would have been quite loud and nasty. Such a bloody missed opportunity.

He has to walk. Has to.

If he doesnt, he's basically telling his current employer and any future one that he doesnt mind being shit on.

Bruce would have known this was the case before he joined. He would have known he would be shit on at some point in his time here, he would have known it was coming - and yet he still came. And then hoyed his toys out the pram when it happenned.

How he thought he would be treat differently to previous managers here i dont know. I dont think he's naive, he's been in the game a LONG time and will have seen his fair share dodgy owners/chairman and executives at the clubs hes been at - maybe he thought he could use his 'friendly charm' to influence things here.

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

He has to walk. Has to.

If he doesnt, he's basically telling his current employer and any future one that he doesnt mind being shit on.

Bruce would have known this was the case before he joined. He would have known he would be shit on at some point in his time here, he would have known it was coming - and yet he still came. And then hoyed his toys out the pram when it happenned.

How he thought he would be treat differently to previous managers here i dont know. I dont think he's naive, he's been in the game a LONG time and will have seen his fair share dodgy owners/chairman and executives at the clubs hes been at - maybe he thought he could use his 'friendly charm' to influence things here.

They probably allowed him and paid for his holiday if he went along with it. Show the greedy cunt a fiver and he’d mow his granny down to get it.

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

He just says whatever pops into his head first that gets him through whatever question or interview he's facing with the least fuss. He won't even remember half the things he comes out with from one interview to the next. Disingenuous, unintelligent arsehole. 

As long as he is never allowed to forget "how's the bacon" I'll be satisfied.

28 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Was it the Cardiff home game for Pardew ?

24 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Probably before your time, but pre-Keegan days when we lost a play off against the Mackems in what was then the 2nd division. We finished 3rd which would normally have been a promotion spot and they finished 6th which would have been nowhere. They won the play off and our fans were on the pitch kicking off. 

That was a different time mind, but even as a 2nd division club the fans didn't like losing. Compare that to Brucey who just wants to appreciate the quality players of the opposition. 

Good old Geordie Steve Bruce sticking up for the fans and supporters of the club he's loved since a boy, his parents would have been so proud.

What a fuckin prick, if you add "I still get paid right" at the end of every one of his statements they make a lot more sense.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Was it the Cardiff home game for Pardew ?

Aye, it was absolutely class seeing him get so much stick at SJP. He stopped getting up from his chair at one point he was so taken aback by it all.

Edited by NEEJ