Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

Should just give Jones the opportunity.

He's part of this shit set up, and has failed at his only stint management. Nah, if Bruce goes all of them have to go imo. Wouldn't be annoyed at him and Simon Smith being the only ones staying on though as coaches.

On 24/05/2021 at 22:22, SweMag said:

A person close to one of the first team players at NUFC told me some weeks ago that Bruce had lost the dressing room back in March. The same person told me this morning that the situation is unchanged. The players don’t like him and they can’t see how he could be in charge for another season. They think he’s tactically clueless.

Been told this is still the situation.

Would love to see Bruce resign and go on a rant. He knows the fans didn’t want him and he’s now being shafted by the club, I fear for his health. It was only a matter of time before it all unravelled, the only downside is that we’re going down and there’s no prospect of Ashley selling the club. We’re in a complete no win position, we actually need to avoid relegation and keep the corpse that is the club on life support. Ashley deserves the club to be relegated but I’d fear for us this time around.

1 hour ago, bobbydazzla said:

Imagine making it as a professional top flight footballer but then having to sit in a dressing room taking instructions from that obese putty faced clueless cunt 

Imagine being in Ferguson's dressing room for that many seasons and not picking up a single fucking idea on tactics

13 minutes ago, ScottishMagpie said:

Imagine being in Ferguson's dressing room for that many seasons and not picking up a single fucking idea on tactics

He’s not alone, like.  All of his former players that worked under him for a significant amount of time are shite managers.

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Would love to see Bruce resign and go on a rant. He knows the fans didn’t want him and he’s now being shafted by the club, I fear for his health. It was only a matter of time before it all unravelled, the only downside is that we’re going down and there’s no prospect of Ashley selling the club. We’re in a complete no win position, we actually need to avoid relegation and keep the corpse that is the club on life support. Ashley deserves the club to be relegated but I’d fear for us this time around.

Dont fear relegation embrace it - several times until FC sells 

For a man who repeatedly claims to have a ‘thick skin’, ‘accepts criticism’ and insists ‘everyone is entitled to their opinion’, Steve Bruce’s behaviour continues to support none of those assertions.

On Saturday, following Newcastle’s 4-1 defeat at Old Trafford, he blamed the local newspaper for supporters’ calls for him to go.

Bruce refused to answer a fair question as to whether he had been on holiday during the international break. We understand he spent four nights in Portugal.

‘Do you think I really have to answer that to you?’ he said. ‘That's what the fans are asking, are they? We've trained all week and we were in every day. Preparation was meticulous.

‘To have to answer questions like that is typical of the question I would get off you and your newspaper. That's why they (fans) are the way they are, the way you are and your negativity and your newspaper.’

Bruce is his own worst enemy at times. Supporters had wanted to know why, after one point from nine and a League Cup exit, the manager saw fit to take a break. But if going on holiday is no big deal, then say so, don’t take aim for the press and your own fans.

It caused an immediate backlash - the local paper called his conduct 'risible' - and Friday’s visit of Leeds is at risk of turning toxic given the growing strength of feeling against the head coach.

Supporters are well aware of Bruce banning journalists and the club handpicking those who are allowed to ask questions of him, and he prickles when the subjects of tactics and selection are broached.

But he is badly mistaken if he genuinely believes the reason for poor performances and supporter unrest is the media. He needs to look far closer to home in that regard.

2 minutes ago, TwoForJoy said:

E_HgveTXoAAUdWO?format=jpg&name=medium

He's staggeringly thick, like. Totally created this mess himself, for no good reason either. He decided ages ago that he hates Ryder and he let his pre-loaded frustration at the guy get the better of him in the presser. I doubt even he believes that illogical shite he came out with about the fans being negative because of the fucking Chronicle. He just doesn't think a great deal before he speaks, and now he's fucked himself and will have to carry those ridiculous comments because he can't unmake them.

There's really not an awful lot knocking around in that melty bonce of his. Glad the Chronicle aren't pussy-footing around it. 

'The previous manager' had an identical record in the Premier League on points over 2 full seasons*, but he didn't upset the local media and he appreciated the fans. The atmosphere with Wor Flags and all was overwhelmingly positive... little things like honesty and respecting the traditions of the club (at Everton Rafa was given a car recently, he made sure it was royal blue to appeal to the fans. Koeman the other year had red baubles on his Christmas tree and fans were upset with that) go far for keeping people onboard

*doesn't tell the whole story obviously but national media look only at the league table or points record to justify their opinions not the finer details 

1 minute ago, nbthree3 said:

'The previous manager' had an identical record in the Premier League on points over 2 full seasons*, but he didn't upset the local media and he appreciated the fans. The atmosphere with Wor Flags and all was overwhelmingly positive... little things like honesty and respecting the traditions of the club (at Everton Rafa was given a car recently, he made sure it was royal blue to appeal to the fans. Koeman the other year had red baubles on his Christmas tree and fans were upset with that) go far for keeping people onboard

*doesn't tell the whole story obviously but national media look only at the league table or points record to justify their opinions not the finer details 

and he did all that with a fraction of the net spend Bruce has had.

Definitely, in the positive for net spend over 3 years. Brought a relegated side (with the 11th best form I think in the league from appointment before the end of the season) back up as champions despite obvious hurdles and finished top 10 first season. Every year since then we've slipped further behind the top 10

Edited by nbthree3

I worry he’ll have some kind of health issue before he resigns and I don’t wish that on anyone.

He’s not wanted here by anyone apart from Ashley and needs to just resign. He’ll get another job paying him well over what he deserves for another also-ran club. He’s been completely found out and just needs to go because this will not end well for anyone.