Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

I think only John Gibson has the real bollocks to put the screw in at the Chronicle. Will they let him off the hook (he’s only a part time writer now)? Needs to happen as Bruce is on a.breakdown and Ryder is just a shit reporter and scared shitless of being ostracised by the club.

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

He's staggeringly thick, like. Totally created this mess himself, for no good reason either. He decided ages ago that he hates Ryder and he let his pre-loaded frustration at the guy get the better of him in the presser. I doubt even he believes that illogical shite he came out with about the fans being negative because of the fucking Chronicle. He just doesn't think a great deal before he speaks, and now he's fucked himself and will have to carry those ridiculous comments because he can't unmake them.

There's really not an awful lot knocking around in that melty bonce of his. Glad the Chronicle aren't pussy-footing around it. 

Can't help thinking he knows the fans don't like Ryder and thought targeting him would curry favour.

3 hours ago, Sima said:

Hope the Chronicle and Journal turn the screw all week 

Maybe but it won’t make any difference, who reads the things in the first instance? It will rattle him like.

Watching this all play out is glorious, however you know who will be seen as the cunts when the inevitable happens, no one but the fans .

You just know it 

6 hours ago, LV said:

I worry he’ll have some kind of health issue before he resigns and I don’t wish that on anyone.

He’s not wanted here by anyone apart from Ashley and needs to just resign. He’ll get another job paying him well over what he deserves for another also-ran club. He’s been completely found out and just needs to go because this will not end well for anyone. 

I must admit I want and need him gone but not at the expense of his health, he looks stressed to bits, a heart attack waiting to happen

Lads, please stop thinking he's going anywhere. Remember last season when we were on that horrendous run of games without winning? Everyone kept saying "he's got to go now surely?" He didn't.

He's here for a long time yet.

19 minutes ago, Ben said:

I must admit I want and need him gone but not at the expense of his health, he looks stressed to bits, a heart attack waiting to happen

He has the ability to avoid this, this morning by resigning but his selfishness knows no bounds.

23 minutes ago, Robster said:

He has the ability to avoid this, this morning by resigning but his selfishness knows no bounds.

Going out with a blaze of glory he could write himself a page in Geordie folk law 

8 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

'The previous manager' had an identical record in the Premier League on points over 2 full seasons*, but he didn't upset the local media and he appreciated the fans. The atmosphere with Wor Flags and all was overwhelmingly positive... little things like honesty and respecting the traditions of the club (at Everton Rafa was given a car recently, he made sure it was royal blue to appeal to the fans. Koeman the other year had red baubles on his Christmas tree and fans were upset with that) go far for keeping people onboard

*doesn't tell the whole story obviously but national media look only at the league table or points record to justify their opinions not the finer details 

It drives me crazy that journalists don’t grasp (or would rather ignore) that Rafa left because the club could not realise it’s potential being run the way it was. Fast forward three years and he’s been proven right. Bruce’s focus year in year out is to try to match the level Rafa was never satisfied with, just so he can make some pointed remarks at the end of the season. And we’re all meant to happy achieving these ‘realistic’ heights! 

Agree with others that the only way he's leaving anytime soon is either walking after heavy abuse or in a box after one too many lamb doners. 

I even think if we're below the dotted line come January that Ashley would spend rather than give him the bullet. He only fires him if we're in a McClaren scenario of 4+ points adrift with 10-12 games to go IMO.

6 hours ago, GWN said:

Maybe but it won’t make any difference, who reads the things in the first instance? It will rattle him like.

Watching this all play out is glorious, however you know who will be seen as the cunts when the inevitable happens, no one but the fans .

You just know it 

The Chronicle/Journal still have a lot of sway with the older Newcastle public imo. 

Would have been class in the days of a seller being every 500m in Newcastle having 'WE'RE NOT TO BLAME' on the front of every box where they are sold from.

1 minute ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Wow absolutely risible stuff here from Luke. He must know deep down how this reflects on him as journalist?

Shouting for Bruce to go is harmful to the team?

What about the poor facilities, the lack of playing squad investment, the crap tactics and game management etc etc etc

16 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

meanwhile Edwards is asking silly questions 

Bruce has had a word there. Please tell them to leave me alone. I'm going nowhere so might as well not shout at me. 

Fucking coward.