Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Not that we need this to reaffirm what we think, but that could be written now in 2021 and it's absolutely bang on.

Astonishing how so many people just don't understand Bruce like his mates in the media. It's almost like they have a vested interest in making shit up in his favour.

1 minute ago, mouldy_uk said:

Depressing that Villa binned him with a much better win % (think he’s around 30% for us). Also feels like he’s been with us for about 5 years, not less than 3

Mental to think that was his record with the most expensive side to ever play in that division.

Serial loser. 

21 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Mental to think that was his record with the most expensive side to ever play in that division.

Serial loser. 

And when we replaced him with a younger manager who had previously only reached the heights of Brentford, we put in ten wins in a row and went from bottom half of the table to play off winners. 

Also need to remember Bruce had Grealish, the most expensive British footballer ever a couple years later, Tammy Abraham, John Terry - in the championship. 

Ultimately though, Bruce's failure saved us. We went to within literally days of going into administration and got sold to two hugely ambitious and supportive billionaires. 

Had Bruce won that play off final we'd probably still be owned by that crook Xia and back in the championship now. 

30 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I think the improvement is simply because we've played two (currently) awful teams. I doubt there's anything more to it than that.

Ah, that's 'the improvement conundrum' at work, whereby a manager gets a side looking so utterly abject that absolutely anything can be taken as a sign of improvement.

So the media will say "They're improving" which is true in the literal sense but says nothing about how low the bar had been set by the manager.

Like saying "Well, I'm not dead, so things are getting better. True, I've had all my limbs amputated and can only travel by being rolled around, but that's an improvement on being dead"

Yup, as soon as we came out of the bottom three by virtue of a 90+ min goal by Antonio against Leeds, which gave them a worse goal difference, I knew we'd start hearing that kind of nonsense Edwards just posted.

We have not taken advantage of pretty decent fixtures. The storm will soon come and it's going to get ugly.

Edited by KaKa

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yup, as soon as we came out of the bottom three by virtue of a 90+ min goal by Antonio against Leeds, which gave them a worse goal difference, I knew we'd start hearing that kind of nonsense Edwards just posted.

We have not taking advantage of pretty decent fixtures. The storm will soon come and it's going to get ugly.

As long as we're entertaining though. We'd take some 0-7 losses as long as the neutrals find it fun, right?

10 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

As long as we're entertaining though. We'd take some 0-7 losses as long as the neutrals find it fun, right?

How long has this patronising idea been pushed for now regarding Newcastle supporters? :lol:

No surprise that the current manager uses it as a means to justify his rotten record, as if it is an actual remit that is acceptable to supporters.

Edited by KaKa

1 hour ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Remind me again who looks after defending and who looks after attacking in our coaching set up? 

Oh aye, 100% Jones responsible for that, but I was just replying to the comment saying we hadn't improved, when I think we have. 

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

I used to find his side really entertaining when he was Sunderland boss, so can imagine he's quite popular on wearside right now. 

Guest reefatoon

How has this entertaining bollocks gained traction? We had two 1-1 draws with two fucking woeful teams. both games were 90 minutes of utter shit defending followed by utter shit finishing. That isn't entertaining at all, it's fucking wank.

Shove your entertaining bollocks right up your fat arse you fucking con.

Edited by reefatoon

On 26/09/2021 at 13:04, Wolfcastle said:

Anybody raving about that is literally a raving lunatic.

An open game at one of the favourites for relegation who we fkn well should be creating chances against as a bare minimum that in the end was drawn?!  Truly halcion days. How many other clubs would flagellate themselves over that ffs? Its a window into how s**t this manager knows he is, that achieving what every other manager will this season is boast-worthy.

We've not won one of our six winnable games - club and Bruce are perfectly satisfied. Again - what other club would behave like that?

7 matches including the debacle of the cup game