Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

I have nothing against Bruce. He’s just a shit manager. That’s all. 
He’s probably fit to manage a team in L1 or lower Championship, but that’s about it. 

Edited by maze

We have some ‘winnable’ games up until Christmas period so Ashley will likely gamble till then and reassess depending on how far adrift we are. Who could he then bring in the save us? Would he then gamble to sack Bruce and pay more money for someone else if he’s serious about selling? I’m not so sure?

See here’s the conundrum, if I knew the takeover was totally dead and unlikely to ever happen again, I’d be wanting Bruce to stay on, take every bit of what’s coming his way and like mentioned before watch him be absolutely broken by the time Rafa comes here. The stadium singing his name in unison for basically 90 mins would be enough to break him forever.

Thats how much I dislike him. We’ve had shit managers before but none have ever told the supporters that our expectations are too high. Like basically saying, “I know I’m shit but so are you so get used to it”

Now the flip side of that is if we somehow get a win in January with arbitration, the takeover won’t happen if it’s already highly unlikely we stay up.

This is why I think he’ll get sacked, how much is Mike Ashley spending on all this legal stuff? Why would he bother doing that if the thing he’s trying to sell will be worth less than half if we get relegated?

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

Lets face it, if Bruce was offered a deal he would go 

That's all he's waiting for. He must know he's not going to turn it around this time. Nowt will happen until its too late though. We all know Ashley will gamble and stick with the useless twat

I'm unsure of the idea that Ashley would only sack Bruce if we were adrift. We sacked McClaren when we were 1 point from safety with 10 games left. Hardly adrift. Obviously we know now that that was too late but in strict terms we weren't 'adrift'.

Probably grasping at straws like.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I'm unsure of the idea that Ashley would only sack Bruce if we were adrift. We sacked McClaren when we were 1 point from safety with 10 games left. Hardly adrift. Obviously we know now that that was too late but in strict terms we weren't 'adrift'.

Probably grasping at straws like.

It took a while to stop the rot tho, like you say, we were only 1 pt from safety but the team had lost all confidence. 

4 minutes ago, Northerngimp said:

It took a while to stop the rot tho, like you say, we were only 1 pt from safety but the team had lost all confidence. 

True. Any football club run with sapient logic would get rid now. TBH, I genuinely don't see any positives even for Ashley by keeping him here tbh besides saving a couple million quid. 

Ashely simply wants him to walk. A year ago it was the same excuse "it will cost millions" to sack him. No one seems to know what kind of contract he has but if it is rolling it will never not cost millions. Just game playing to force Bruce out.

Also feel Ashley is happy for us to struggle/go down to try and prove a point to the PL and potentially get more compensation if the case goes his way. The fact he had every opportunity to fix the situation is lost on him like everything else.

13 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Luke Edwards now reckons you can’t judge until at least 10 games. :lol: 

He’s only had three seasons, tbf.

Had a go at previous managers for the same patter he's coming out with now. The bloke is fucking embarrassing.

Trudging though some of his old tweets and also came up with some gold and 'exclusives' that were completely fucking wrong. :lol:

19 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Had a go at previous managers for the same patter he's coming out with now. The bloke is fucking embarrassing.

Trudging though some of his old tweets and also came up with some gold and 'exclusives' that were completely fucking wrong. :lol:

Be good to see what the shuttlecock headed bellend has to say about them 

Just shows how fucking thick Mike Ashley is to give a tinpot manager a 3m bonus if he gets sacked.

Also how fucking shit is football when someone who is terrible at their job gets a huge payout when they get sacked, so detached from every other industry/business.

24 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Be good to see what the shuttlecock headed bellend has to say about them 

Few more 'exclusives' that ended up being horseshit.

It wasn't purely signings why he left in the summer, it was more or less everything about the club. Either way we signed Almiron and he left anyway. :lol: 

He wasn't though was he. :lol: I genuinely think they took so long to sack McClaren because they waited until they had a guaranteed replacement before officially binning him. The defeat to Bournemouth was on Saturday and we didn't sack McClaren officially until the Friday, once Benitez approached the club said he'd want the job.

Bullshit from the club a la Berahino. 'We tried'. Edwards was reporting that bollocks.

The guy's a cunt and I can't wait to fap mesel into a coma at his passive-aggressive rage once his mate finally fucks off. 

Best ignoring the cunt, that 'Mauris Exclusive' was one of the worst case of sport's reporting I have seen. The bloke has no credibility and has a clear agenda. Mind as I keep saying, he is amongst a group of journalists reporting on the club, who are at best poor and at worst clearly not up to the job. Caulkin especially has went from a decent reporter when at the Times, to a total joke these days.

Edited by et tu brute

Luke Edwards should be ignored at all costs, another example of someone making big bucks from Football despite being fucking terrible at their job.

He's even admitted to trolling the fans yet he's still employed by his shit rag.

8 hours ago, maze said:

I have nothing against Bruce. He’s just a shit manager. That’s all. 
He’s probably fit to manage a team in L1 or lower Championship, but that’s about it. 

Naah. I can't buy that. There's something so horrible about him. A person that best fits the description above is someone like Steve Mclaren or Chris Hughton. With Bruce, well off the top of my head,

1. Claims he is a Geordie, acts and speaks nothing like one.

2. Puts the club down in so many ways.

3. Has no ambition to make club and players better.

4. Blames everyone else but himself.

5. Holiday-loving piece of shit.

6. Training skipping- loving piece of shit.

7. Gets easily riled up by others like journos and fans and doubtless the players too.

8. Arrogant and bottom kissing cunt

9. Absolutely loves credit but washes his hands clean of any mistakes.

10. Greedy bastard waiting for a payoff to the detriment of his 'beloved' club.

So no. He's not just a useless manager, he's also a useless oxygen thieve that needs to go fuck himself, the sooner the better.

Edited by nufcjb

10 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Naah. I can't buy that. There's something so horrible about him. A person that best fits the description above is someone like Steve Mclaren or Chris Hughton. With Bruce, well off the top of my head,

1. Claims he is a Geordie, acts and speaks nothing like one.

2. Puts the club down in so many ways.

3. Has no ambition to make club and players better.

4. Blames everyone else but himself.

5. Holiday-loving piece of shit.

6. Training skipping- loving piece of shit.

7. Gets easily riled up by others like journos and fans and doubtless the players too.

8. Arrogant and bottom kissing cunt

9. Absolutely loves credit but washes his hands clean of any mistakes.

10. Greedy bastard waiting for a payoff to the detriment of his 'beloved' club.

So no. He's not just a useless manager, he's also a useless oxygen thieve that needs to go fuck himself, the sooner the better.

He is ultimately as unambitious, allergic to change, unable to handle criticism, gutless and two faced as the club under Ashley. It is exactly why we are sat in a cunt off with one refusing to sack the other and the other refusing to walk until he gets sacked.

Bruce is likely to go on stress/health leave before walking so he gets paid off.