Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

5 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

No…he says he doesn’t think we’ll be hiring a sporting director for 4 months. (Gives no explanation why)

I just thought it was a very poorly worded tweet and the four months timeframe takes us to the end of the January transfer window.

24 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Can we ban anything that starts ‘Edwards says…’? 

Yes please. Nobody on here likes him yet his tweets and quotes are copied on here multiple times every fucking day giving him legitimacy. If you don't like him, don't follow him, don't share his bullshit with others and he goes away into obscurity. Easy.

23 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I just thought it was a very poorly worded tweet and the four months timeframe takes us to the end of the January transfer window.

I don't think its that nuanced, he's just assuming around a month to interview and then applying a 3 month notice period for a CEO/SD as you might expect in the business world. We know that in football you interview, pay compensation and put them in place immediately.

Either that or they are really thorough on interviewing a obtaining 3 suitable references!

18 minutes ago, Ben said:

The rate these  guys  are doing stuff there is no way it will take 4 months, unless a DOF is currently working and thats a notice period 

personally thinks 4 months of change, including board & backroom staff and then the Jan window. 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Can we ban anything that starts ‘Edwards says…’? 

Even when the news broke and suddenly every journalist knew what was happening, he still managed to add something (about the makeup of the board being different) that has turned out to be completely wrong:

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

Yes please. Nobody on here likes him yet his tweets and quotes are copied on here multiple times every fucking day giving him legitimacy. If you don't like him, don't follow him, don't share his bullshit with others and he goes away into obscurity. Easy.

Reported for slander :shifty:

In hindsight words like this are very funny https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/dave-whelan-launches-broadside-at-mike-ashley-cpbh6rmm85t

Whelan maintains that there is no chance of Bruce working for Ashley at Newcastle. “I don’t think you will ever get Steve Bruce going to a club that is run the way Mike Ashley runs it,” Whelan said. “He knows he could go and he knows he could go to Newcastle. Would he go? No chance. He loves being at this club. He is happy here.

“I know he will go in the end and if I was Man United when Sir Alex [Ferguson] decides to hang up his boots, I don’t think there is any doubt they will come.”

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/3683316.whelan-no-fan-ashley/

Whelan has not been surprised to see current Wigan boss Steve Bruce linked with the St James’ Park vacancy, but claims the former Manchester United centre-back would not consider taking the role amid the current turmoil.

‘‘One day he (Bruce) will get a big-four job – I realise that, and I think the whole country realises it.

‘‘But if Newcastle came, I think you would get Steve telling them what to do very quickly. I know Newcastle is where he comes from and I know he did want to manage Newcastle at one time. But I’m sure it wouldn’t excite him to go up there at present.

‘‘If he did, he would be made welcome because he is a great manager, but I think when we lose him he will go to one of the big four.’’ Reports from Dubai, meanwhile, claim Ashley snubbed a crucial meeting with Arab investors on Tuesday night as potential buyers were not willing to meet his £481m asking price.

Edited by nbthree3

2 hours ago, cubaricho said:

Agreed. He doesn't even get to the training ground tomorrow I'd imagine.

No way man. He'll absolutely be at the taining ground. He'll know the Sky cameras are there while he takes out his stuff from office. He'll then drive out and stop by the reporters, take questions, making it all about himself. I bet he'd even pay Sky a bit from his new payoff to have an exclusice sit down interview someday down the line to talk about himself.

Steve, i know you're reading this or your son is. You're a prick as stupid as a brick. I hate you more than I hate Pardew. Sayonara suckaaaaaaa!!!!

Edited by nufcjb

44 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

My favourite part about the Bruce sacking is the 999 games. Fucking class if he never works again. 

Tbf as shit as he is he doesn't deserve the milestone. 

Ashley's left us with 99 problems but soon a Bruce won't be one.