Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

10 minutes ago, Ben said:

It would make sense for a DOF to come in first, also if Bruce goes and the Steve's go with him that leaves next to nobody to train the first team 

I don't get the 'nobody to train the first team' angle tbh. Just nab whoever the current U23s coaches are or something. It's not like it'd be a noticeable drop in coaching ability. :lol:

6 minutes ago, wormy said:

I don't get the 'nobody to train the first team' angle tbh. Just nab whoever the current U23s coaches are or something. It's not like it'd be a noticeable drop in coaching ability. :lol:

Do we have any if them though, Caldwell left a few weeks ago and then they started a few trial days for a new bloke but nobody has been appointed, I know the academy coaching set up is particularly terrible, it looks like Staveley has her work cut out all over the place just putting out fires.

Unless she can hire a coaching team today or tomorrow we could be stuck with Bruce by default 

Possibly a further part of the problem is at this initial stage without the governance of the club being properly set up is that they need to cover, double cover, and triple cover their backs with any decision making such that it can’t be tied to Saudi state.

All it will take is a couple of random mutterings from Bruce about a Saudi Prince and the PL will be straight onto us

1 hour ago, nufcjb said:

Imagine being interviewed for your 1000th game but your record is absolutely miserable and atrocious. 3rd worse in history is it not? I'd be fucking embarrassed to be interviewed for such things.

Putting 1000 games and third worst record together, does that mean he has the most losses as a manager?

13 minutes ago, James said:

Possibly a further part of the problem is at this initial stage without the governance of the club being properly set up is that they need to cover, double cover, and triple cover their backs with any decision making such that it can’t be tied to Saudi state.

All it will take is a couple of random mutterings from Bruce about a Saudi Prince and the PL will be straight onto us

Feels like I’ve never been away.

These guys are in it for the long term and maybe they consider the possibility of a few negative chants in the crowd to be a small issue because they’re thinking of the big picture. 
We obviously want the roof to come off the place and the whole day to be a celebration of the new era, but they won’t get caught up in the emotion of it. For them, Sunday is just day 8? of a long term transformation project. Bruce may we’ll be in charge because they want to do things methodically - it will be gutting if that does happen but he’ll be gone soon enough. 

8 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

From Craig Hope:

Meanwhile, head coach Steve Bruce remains in post having met with Amanda Staveley at the training ground on Monday.

However, it was always understood that it would take until at least the middle of the week before removing Bruce ahead of Sunday’s visit of Spurs.

The focus of the new owners remains on the managerial situation, with appointments such as sporting director and chief executive to follow in due course.

Sources have played down the likelihood of Frank Lampard being the man to take charge, although they have also stressed that many options are on the table given the number of voices involved in the process.

When was this "always understood"? Takeover style timescales again. "He will be gone by X day", " he will be gone by y day", "before spurs", "always understood it will be...". Just get the fucker out. 

Sorry, sorry. I know, but I just really want this fly in the soup gone so I can enjoy my meal properly. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/amanda-staveley-made-to-wait-for-permission-to-dismiss-steve-bruce-vn60v5bp2

Amanda Staveley, the Newcastle United director, is waiting for the green light from the club’s new Saudi owners before sacking Steve Bruce.

The Times has learnt that all decisions must now be approved by the Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund (PIF), the majority shareholder. Despite it seeming inevitable that Bruce will be leaving the club — with conference calls having taken place to discuss his departure — that go-ahead has not yet been given.

5 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/amanda-staveley-made-to-wait-for-permission-to-dismiss-steve-bruce-vn60v5bp2

Amanda Staveley, the Newcastle United director, is waiting for the green light from the club’s new Saudi owners before sacking Steve Bruce.

The Times has learnt that all decisions must now be approved by the Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund (PIF), the majority shareholder. Despite it seeming inevitable that Bruce will be leaving the club — with conference calls having taken place to discuss his departure — that go-ahead has not yet been given.

5 wins in 37 games. That's a decision that takes seconds. Hurry the fuck up!!!

37 minutes ago, James said:

To think i liked one of his posts last week as well :lol: :lol: 

I’ve wondered since reading that PIF have the final decision on everything how this might effect us long term. Say we have a transfer target do they have to compile loads of information on him before saying we can or can’t buy him ? Could mean we miss out on a lot of players ?

Edited by SUPERTOON

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

You'd imagine the operation will become a lot smoother once a CEO and sporting director are in place.

That’s my hope that the main footballing decisions will be left to the CEO and sporting director assuming we go down that route 

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’ve wondered since reading that PIF have the final decision on everything how this might effect us long term. Say we have a transfer target do they have to compile loads of information on him before saying we can or can’t buy him ? Could mean we miss out on a lot of players ?

You need to calm down a bit man. They’ve been in charge for 5 days…in reality 2-3 working days. Barely have their feet under the desk.

I fully expect everything to need signing off at boardroom level…but as far as I’m aware the makeup of the boardroom is not yet complete.

You have to remember that Stavely and Mehrdad are the “current” day to day runners of the club…they are being judged by PIF too. So if they don’t perform well / make the correct decisions in the short term, they may be replaced too. There’s a lot of their shoulders to get the early decisions right, and to do that with nothing lined up / no boardroom in place etc, is a risk.

9 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

You need to calm down a bit man. They’ve been in charge for 5 days…in reality 2-3 working days. Barely have their feet under the desk.

I fully expect everything to need signing off at boardroom level…but as far as I’m aware the makeup of the boardroom is not yet complete.

You have to remember that Stavely and Mehrdad are the “current” day to day runners of the club…they are being judged by PIF too. So if they don’t perform well / make the correct decisions in the short term, they may be replaced too. There’s a lot of their shoulders to get the early decisions right, and to do that with nothing lined up / no boardroom in place etc, is a risk.

Wasn’t meant to come across as not calm 😂 just a question based on what we have been told/read about how the decisions are being made.