Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Remember Sheikh Mansour and the Abu Dhabi group inherited Mark Hughes as sitting manager at Man City when they took over and the truth of the matter is surely that Steve Bruce is just a fat Mark Hughes......   Hughes lasted from September - December before he was peddled out.

I know that Bruce represents a lot of what we hated about what will be referred to in the future as  "the Ashley years" but, we know he will be gone at some point in the future.  Our owners have already stated that they have ambitious plans and that is enough for me to be more relaxed over who is running the current team.  

The relegation fears should be behind us soon - even if by January we are still hovering around the bottom a couple of decent signings to plug some gaps in the squad will see us OK until the end of the season, this year is about stabilisation...  next year we should see real progress and advancement!  I don't really care who is in the dugout on Sunday, I am going to have a day to remember regardless!!  

I really want him gone before Sunday. Not been to a game since 2016 and can’t wait for it. Seeing that oaf in the dugout will put a dampner on the game no matter what the result. Last week was such a relief that Ashley was gone, Bruce is the final person which needs disposing for it to feel like a totally fresh start. Does anyone think Charnley still being involved may be why he’s still here? They’ve got a reportedly good relationship and I worry the consortium might be leaning on him forminformation whilst they restructure the upper end of the club. 

1 minute ago, pinkeye said:

Remember Sheikh Mansour and the Abu Dhabi group inherited Mark Hughes as sitting manager at Man City when they took over and the truth of the matter is surely that Steve Bruce is just a fat Mark Hughes......   Hughes lasted from September - December before he was peddled out.

I know that Bruce represents a lot of what we hated about what will be referred to in the future as  "the Ashley years" but, we know he will be gone at some point in the future.  Our owners have already stated that they have ambitious plans and that is enough for me to be more relaxed over who is running the current team.  

The relegation fears should be behind us soon - even if by January we are still hovering around the bottom a couple of decent signings to plug some gaps in the squad will see us OK until the end of the season, this year is about stabilisation...  next year we should see real progress and advancement!  I don't really care who is in the dugout on Sunday, I am going to have a day to remember regardless!!  

Difference is though, City weren’t second bottom without a win when they took over. There’s no footballing reason to justify keeping Bruce in the job. 7 wins in 37 games is completely unacceptable. 

Guest reefatoon
4 minutes ago, pinkeye said:

It was a completely different scenario. Hughes was highly regarded at that time. Bruce is at the end of a 1000 game stinking run and has been utter wank for years. Hughes deserved to hold his job for a bit at the time, for them to see what he can do. Everyone knows what you will get from Bruce.

Edited by reefatoon

I know it's probably seen as tempting fate, but I really have no idea how anyone can really be worried in the slightest about relegation. We know just how bad you have to be to go down and for me it would take Bruce being here until Christmas and for Newcastle to still be in the bottom 3 at that point for it to seem like a legitimate threat that the owners couldn't buy their way out of. 

1 minute ago, Jordan said:

Difference is though, City weren’t second bottom without a win when they took over. There’s no footballing reason to justify keeping Bruce in the job. 7 wins in 37 games is completely unacceptable. 

Well the difference was that it happened without anyone having the slightest clue it was going on and it also happened some weeks into the season ahead of our take over...   I completely agree that there seems to be no reason to keep Bruce in his job and his record is absolutely disgraceful... I am just not letting that detail get in the way of what is going to be a glorious future which starts on Sunday at 4:30pm....  :clap2:

1 minute ago, Jordan said:

I doubt they are keeping him in the dugout for footballing reasons. It's probably more likely one or both of the following...

1. The sign off for £8m sacking needs PIF approval and that process is brand new and not yet slick to do it as quickly as we all would like.

2. Amanda and co wanted to speak to everyone at the club and get a plan together for the next move, which may involve having replacements and other structure considerations ready first before they pull the trigger on Bruce.

Second from bottom this early in to the season isn't that much of a factor.

8 minutes ago, pinkeye said:

@LV

Really hoping that we hear something today, but one way or another we'll definitely know by this time tomorrow because isn't the club obliged to do a pre-match press conference?  They'll have to hoy someone in front of the cameras.

6 minutes ago, kisearch said:

I know it's probably seen as tempting fate, but I really have no idea how anyone can really be worried in the slightest about relegation. We know just how bad you have to be to go down and for me it would take Bruce being here until Christmas and for Newcastle to still be in the bottom 3 at that point for it to seem like a legitimate threat that the owners couldn't buy their way out of. 

As long as we are in the bottom 3 we are in with a chance of going down, we need points ASAP considering the run we have in December as well.

I suppose the other aspect of this is really about whether they give that much of a shit about relegation in the long term. They’ve sat and watched us  flirt with it for the past 2 seasons and their commitment to the club has continued. I wonder whether they would rather the structures were in place first, rather than knee jerk. 

Honestly think the jubilant atmosphere on Sunday will just aid the resentment towards this twat. Everyone round me this season has joined in with anti-Bruce chants and laughed as they’ve done so.

Like with Knobhead Uncle Pards, I think the sadists (of which I’m one) take a massive amount of enjoyment from griefing him and making him feel uncomfortable.

If Bruce is still here on Sunday he will get no stick at all from the fans as they'll be too busy celebrating the takeover.

In a perfect world we would be 0-1 down at half time and they'll sack Bruce before the second half starts

Guest reefatoon

It's the fact that if he is still here on Sunday, we are going to have to listen the the fuckwit pundits and commentators constantly going on about his "1000'th game, how he has done a great job, how he should be kept on" bollocks. It's just absolute shite that non of us want to hear. He has fuck all to do with how big a day Sunday will be, and it will be completely derailed by his dickhead pundit buddies bigging him up at every opportunity. Just tell him to fuck off now so we can forget about him.

Edited by reefatoon

I hoped he'd be gone already and/or by Sunday, still do.

But if he isn't, so be it. Give him his 1000th match, and lets hope we win and he can sign off (and F*ck off into the sunset) on a win, like Pardew did.

8 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

If Bruce is still here on Sunday he will get no stick at all from the fans as they'll be too busy celebrating the takeover.

In a perfect world we would be 0-1 down at half time and they'll sack Bruce before the second half starts

I'm pretty okay with that first bit to be honest. It's not ideal but he's a dead man walking and an insignificance in the long run, would rather we focussed on the positives.