Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

The start time being pushed back a few hours till half one is interesting.

More than likely it’s to spend the extra 3 hours briefing him on what he can and can’t say.

I fully expect him to come out and sound as those he believes he has a chance at staying on as well fwiw.

Edited by SUPERTOON

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Cannot even begin to imagine how annoying he is going to be in the media thing tomorrow. All woe is me about how he has been abused and deserves a chance [emoji38]

If we win it'll be 100x worse :lol:

His mates in the media will start banging on about how he should be given a chance to spend some money, poor English managers never getting a chance at top clubs blah blah blah

They'll ignore the net spend figures this season and claim he's worked on a "shoestring budget" because facts and reality be damned in pundit land

4 minutes ago, Bizza said:

Why the fuck is this walking symbol of the previous owners lack of ambition still here? He should've been bounced out the club days ago and Jones put in charge. 

The thought of him being in the dugout on Sunday is nauseating.

honestly, it’s not that bad.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

The start time being pushed back a few hours till half one is interesting.

More than likely it’s to spend the extra 3 hours briefing him on what he can and can’t say.

I fully expect him to come out and sound as those he believes he has a chance at staying on as well fwiw.

Nah Bruce probably just fancies another lie-in

2 minutes ago, Chicane said:

His mates in the media will start banging on about how he should be given a chance to spend some money, poor English managers never getting a chance at top clubs blah blah blah

They'll ignore the net spend figures this season and claim he's worked on a "shoestring budget" because facts and reality be damned in pundit land

:lol: not a chance

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Can’t wait to see what happens when we don’t win the league next year.

I for one want to see Bruce gone before Sunday but I am also not expecting the league to be won any time soon. There are not just two camps on this point. Wanting Bruce gone by Sunday does not = swivel eyed ungrateful loon who expects Mbappe to arrive in Jan and win the league. There’s many shades of grey on this. 

These owners are a different world from Ashley and there are exciting times ahead but I just don’t want this idiot being part of any of it. It slightly takes the sheen off the whole thing and any real momentum. 

Note: slightly takes sheen off. Not PIF and Amanda out because he isn’t gone. 

11 minutes ago, Chicane said:

Man, I'm all out pulling for Spurs to go mad and destroy us if he's still here, as you are 100% right, that would be the absolute worst :lol:

Edited by KaKa

Whichever way we look at it, him being in the dugout on Sunday is going to take the gloss off the occasion. Im happy for them to take their time picking the right man to replace him but Im a little pissed off he's still going to be here on Sunday.

Or would we not prefer a win, it’s not Sports Direct FC anymore, It’s not about Bruce anymore whether he’s there Sunday or not we shouldn’t give a flying f*ck. We have potentially just became the biggest club in world football and all you can do is worry about a few headlines in a paper? 

39 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I'm at peace with it all now. Let them proceed as they must. They're obviously doing some due diligence with some top people in football, and so in due course things will all play out.

The only thing that is really going to be annoying is that the fans will get painted in a bad light if they have a go at Bruce on Sunday, which will be a real kick in the teeth, as he's been taking the piss out of them since he took the job and it will be exactly what he has been asking for.

And this is exactly why he should be gone. This exact thing. It’ll take the shine off the new start. 

I totally understand they were caught on the hop and things take time but this is not a top coaching team. It’s the 3 Steves of the Apocalypse. It may as well be academy coaches taking over. Hell, give them the experience for a bit. All Clemence does is out the cones out and listen to the other steves on his headset. No idea even what Agnew does. This lot have had us hovering over the relegation zone for two years man. They would not be missed and things would likely improve. 

I don’t see how though. Surely he’s an irrelevance. I just think if we’re picking at this we’ll be nit picking at everything. Not everything is going to be perfect. Sit back enjoy the ride and focus on the positives for once because for the first time in a ling time there are a shit tonne of them.

It's also possible that they've asked senior players and those that purport to know the club if we are better off right now, with Bruce or Jones or no one for the immediate future.

Edited by madras

It's not a case of his sacking being "rubber stamped" by PIF. I think it's more a case of our chairman sitting down with Staveley over the weekend and talking through her business plan, which will include the makeup of the boardroom, the structure of the club, the purpose of a DOF, who they want as manager and of course investment into all areas of the club.

Yes they could sack Bruce today but PIF are going to want to know why (especially since 8m quid is needed) and they are also going want to know the plans for the future. Bruce is a small part in a bigger picture which is being discussed behind closed doors.

Big, big money is involved and that takes time and planning.

14 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

This only takes the sheen of a new start if you let it.

I just don't want to share my joy and jubilation with him, at all.

I want him to have zero affiliation to this club once he's been jettisoned

27 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Whichever way we look at it, him being in the dugout on Sunday is going to take the gloss off the occasion. Im happy for them to take their time picking the right man to replace him but Im a little pissed off he's still going to be here on Sunday.

It will take the gloss off Sunday, but in the greater scheme of things it's just one game. The thinking is probably to get the right people in the right jobs and that will fix everything else in due course. 

2 hours ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Yeh, we'd hope so. He's definitely gone, soon. 7 wins in 30+ games is as damning as can be, inc no wins this season etc. We know Ashley probably just gave him the thumbs up, while the new lot will see it as a no go situation. 

I've not heard a peep of support from our new owners towards Bruce. He's gone and I imagine PIF want reasoning, a plan and outcomes defined before his removal. It's actually nice having some foresight injected into this club rather than the "just good enough" from our former owner. 

22 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

People are vastly underestimating the damage that sacking someone without a good plan in place could do, as if we haven’t been relegated twice because of it in the last 15 years 

Absolutely, and not just that. The media and other clubs fans want to take every chance to stick the knife into this new regime and will mistakes that can fit their agenda or stereotypes. If the new owners can't remove/replace Bruce with precision and class then it is damaging like you say. Like it or not more people seem to hold a high "public" opinion of Bruce than not, even if push comes to shove they would never have him at "their" clubs.

Treating Bruce with a bit of respect however grating to us as it is, is more important if there is no immediate plan in place. Give him his 1000th if we have to and let him ride off into the wind like a whimpering, whispering fart.

25 minutes ago, madras said:

It's also possible that they've asked senior players and those that purport to know the club if we are better off right now, with Bruce or Jones or no one for the immediate future.

3 day weeks, they are always gonna vote for Bruce

They won't keep him on for sentimental reasons. Far more likely that its practical.

For example, they may not have the cash flow in the club accounts yet, to fire and hire. 

They want to do things properly, let them.

One thing is certain, they haven't assured him of his future, which speaks volumes.

5 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Absolutely, and not just that. The media and other clubs fans want to take every chance to stick the knife into this new regime and will mistakes that can fit their agenda or stereotypes. If the new owners can't remove/replace Bruce with precision and class then it is damaging like you say. Like it or not more people seem to hold a high "public" opinion of Bruce than not, even if push comes to shove they would never have him at "their" clubs.

Treating Bruce with a bit of respect however grating to us as it is, is more important if there is no immediate plan in place. Give him his 1000th if we have to and let him ride off into the wind like a whimpering, whispering fart.

Say we sacked Bruce yesterday with nothing lined up. Then what?

No manager on Sunday. What if we lose? Suddenly it becomes more desperate and finding the right person has ratcheted up tension. 

Realistically we have between now and Christmas to get as close to 6-8 wins as we can. Then we can spend in January. What we don’t want to happen is to sack Bruce for the sake of pleasing people who are apparently dissatisfied with just becoming the richest club on earth in a week, getting rid of Ashley and actually having a new manager come in anyway, and end up in crisis, players spitting the dummy, booing the owners etc etc. I can’t be arsed with any drama at this point. 

It is beyond crazy. We really do other fan’s work for them sometimes. 

Edited by Billy Pilgrim

18 minutes ago, STM said:

It's not a case of his sacking being "rubber stamped" by PIF. I think it's more a case of our chairman sitting down with Staveley over the weekend and talking through her business plan, which will include the makeup of the boardroom, the structure of the club, the purpose of a DOF, who they want as manager and of course investment into all areas of the club.

Yes they could sack Bruce today but PIF are going to want to know why (especially since 8m quid is needed) and they are also going want to know the plans for the future. Bruce is a small part in a bigger picture which is being discussed behind closed doors.

Big, big money is involved and that takes time and planning.

Nailed it

4 minutes ago, STM said:

They won't keep him on for sentimental reasons. Far more likely that its practical.

For example, they may not have the cash flow in the club accounts yet, to fire and hire. 

They want to do things properly, let them.

One thing is certain, they haven't assured him of his future, which speaks volumes.

It really does. That's why I am pretty relaxed about it all, I'm just glad he'll be gone soon. I've waited two years with no end in sight, another game or two won't kill me.