Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Just now, gjohnson said:

Just means that every day he has 3 years left on his contract

I maybe completely wrong but doesn't it "renew" at the end of each season so as it stands he has two years 8 months left and then at the end of the season we can add another year or let it count down and same from Bruce's side of thing like he could (not that he would) not renew for an extra year?

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

In short, here, have your 1000th game then fuck off, I hope he gets absolutely dogs abuse at the weekend and I hope Spurs twat us just to ruin ‘his’ special day. Fuck him, one game won’t make a difference anyway.

Ok I’ve got to pull you up on this, hoping the team gets beat so that it might in some way contribute to Mike Ashley leaving (or firing a manager) is one thing.

But this is different. It’s a show of respect, he’s a dead duck and everyone knows it.

So why would you actively want the team to lose? We got what we wanted in Ashley leaving, it’s now time to drop this nonsense, it’s hysterical and unwarranted.

Can you not just enjoy the first match in the post Mike Ashley era? Or has your thinking become totally skewed?

Wish he was going sooner but honestly the difference it makes having owners who communicate and keep us updated. Fine with it really because at least Amanda has let us know what the thinking is, even if I don’t wholly agree with it. Trust them to get this right in the long run 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Good statement, would have preferred it to come earlier in the week but let’s just enjoy a weekend of football for the first time in years 

Just wait until you see that sexy 5-4-1 with ASM playing thirty yards in front of the midfield. 

1 minute ago, Tisd09 said:

I'd prefer him to be gone already but at least they are thinking about things rather than just diving in with no plan! The statement to me sounds like "don't worry it will happen, just not yet WAIT" :)

Just hope a fuss isn't made by the club of his '1000th' game!

His presser will be unbearable won't it? :(

"Well ya kna. Obviously new owners are here, and they might want a change, but i've dusted myself down, rolled my sleeves up and am ready to show them i can do it my way. Ill get some extra bacon ordered for them, and they'll see my experience is invaluable"

1 minute ago, Tisd09 said:

I maybe completely wrong but doesn't it "renew" at the end of each season so as it stands he has two years 8 months left and then at the end of the season we can add another year or let it count down and same from Bruce's side of thing like he could (not that he would) not renew for an extra year?

Always thought rolling meant that there was always the length of the contract remaining.

Sir Bobby had a 1 year rolling one for his entire time here

Suppose it depends on the details

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

Ok I’ve got to pull you up on this, hoping the team gets beat so that it might in some way contribute to Mike Ashley leaving (or firing a manager) is one thing.

But this is different. It’s a show of respect, he’s a dead duck and everyone knows it.

So why would you actively want the team to lose? We got what we wanted in Ashley leaving, it’s now time to drop this nonsense, it’s hysterical and unwarranted.

Can you not just enjoy the first match in the post Mike Ashley era? Or has your thinking become totally skewed?

Not with his number 2 still in the dugout no, I’ve sacrificed 14 fucking years, another game won’t kill me. I don’t want this smug cabbaged faced cunt having a victory to his name on his 1,000th game, a milestone I hope will be remembered as his last, where he lost heavily and got 90 minutes of dogs abuse. Fuck him!

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Not with his number 2 still in the dugout no, I’ve sacrificed 14 fucking years, another game won’t kill me. I don’t want this smug cabbaged faced cunt having a victory to his name on his 1,000th game, a milestone I hope will be remembered as his last, where he lost heavily and got 90 minutes of dogs abuse. Fuck him!

Pathetic view

As long as the opportunity is given to let this fat cunt know what some of us think of him and the way he's treated the fans.

Going out with a 1-0 loss, a meek surrender, and an earful of abuse suits me.

Aye that statement is class in terms of clarity and openness, alien to nufc fans.

But if I was Bruce[emoji38] nit a glimpse of backing there and pretty much intimating he's pumped the second we have our feet under the table.

4 minutes ago, STM said:

What's ridiculous is peoples lack of patience and understanding, especially since they have only been there a week. Get a grip.

The fella has been here 2 years and presided over an absolute shitshow of mediocrity and telling us to know our place while being happy to take gold from that parasite of an owner who has drained the very lifeblood out of the club he professes to love.

It’s no wonder the vast majority of us wanted him. People can absolutely hold that position AND be supportive of the new owners and excited about the times ahead.

Telling people to get a grip for wanting him gone straight away is pretty damn disrespectful given what we’ve endured. 

13 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Where does the "3 year" part come in to that?

Let’s assume for simplicity that the end of contract and notice requirement date is 30th June.

Bruce’s contract is until 30th June 2024

If neither party serves notice by 30th June 2022, then his contract is extended until 30th June 2025

Strange decision. Ideally the people running things tend to have a manager lined up to take over from whoever they sack, but when they don't and the results are bad they still tend to sack them and let someone else take temporary charge to negate the negative affect they're having around the place, bring in some positivity, and to buy themselves some time to find someone else. 

Keeping Bruce hanging around the place when his results are crap and he and everyone knows he's done for, while they look for someone else seems canny weird to me like, even in a non-footballing sense.