Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

10 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

I've never really understood the hatred here if I'm being perfectly honest. I mean, he's a shit manager, but I can't blame him for taking the job after Ashley offered it. For me he's been nowhere near as obnoxious as Pardew who was the personification of everything bad Ashley stood for. Bruce is having us punch below our weight and he needs to be replaced, but I understand and respect that it will take some time and that Bruce and his crew are kept on while that is being sorted out. The only alternative was to make Bruce a sacrificial lamb and give Jones the reigns temporarily, but would that have worked?

It won't be long now guys. Here's hoping the wave of optimism will carry the side to beat Spurs at the weekend and on an upward trajectory with a new DoF and manager to look forward to.

Well, I'm with you on Pardew being more obnoxious, I won't ever detest a manager as much as I detested him. For me Bruce is just more pathetic and whiny. What really narks me about both of them is that they are frauds earning a living from being terrible at their jobs, mostly because they are British. 

I don't hate Bruce personally, just find it impossible to have even an ounce of respect for him. Hanging on for his payout despite being a multi-millionaire. Take your (our) money and bounce you fat fraud. 

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

Those comments about the journos, man. Pathetic. How many other managers in top level football would behave like that?

Sounds like he's just paying Edwards back for supporting him 

24 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

I've never really understood the hatred here if I'm being perfectly honest. I mean, he's a shit manager, but I can't blame him for taking the job after Ashley offered it. For me he's been nowhere near as obnoxious as Pardew who was the personification of everything bad Ashley stood for. Bruce is having us punch below our weight and he needs to be replaced, but I understand and respect that it will take some time and that Bruce and his crew are kept on while that is being sorted out. The only alternative was to make Bruce a sacrificial lamb and give Jones the reigns temporarily, but would that have worked?

It won't be long now guys. Here's hoping the wave of optimism will carry the side to beat Spurs at the weekend and on an upward trajectory with a new DoF and manager to look forward to.

It's one thing to be a shit manager.  It's another to be a shit manager and snidely shift blame to others,  Not only that, he bolted from a team to take this job.  He knew (or should have known) what he was getting into.  Even that presser, no, no, no its not about me but then take a pop at the journos for speculating about him.  Based on everything I've observed since he's come here he's shit manager with low character to boot.

Edited by Consortium of one

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, heero said:

Ashley is gone. Steve Bruce might even be a good manager given the right players. Keep the positive support the team. The cancer is gone no negatives anymore

what you on about? He’s had 999 games you daft arse. There is nearly a 1000 games of evidence that he is shit.

2 hours ago, TK-421 said:

Only surprised that if it is his last presser, he didn't manage to shoe horn another dig at Rafa in.

And….BINGO!!

“Bruce said he had not contemplated his future since the protracted takeover was announced on October 7th but admitted he had after finishing 12th in the Premier League last season - an improvement on 13th in his first season in charge. 

“I thought after matching the previous manager (Rafa Benitez), can I take it forward, can I get any better than this…””

10 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

what you on about? He’s had 999 games you daft arse. There is nearly a 1000 games of evidence that he is shit.

I think you could do better if you where in charge 😜

Edited by heero

I was all for giving him a dignified send off this morning and supporting the team and the regime, however after his comments today, if we lose now there is only one man to blame and I hope he's gone by the time the Antiques Roadshow comes on.

5 minutes ago, Manxst said:

And….BINGO!!

“Bruce said he had not contemplated his future since the protracted takeover was announced on October 7th but admitted he had after finishing 12th in the Premier League last season - an improvement on 13th in his first season in charge. 

“I thought after matching the previous manager (Rafa Benitez), can I take it forward, can I get any better than this…””

Lying fat cunt :lol:

He won't have believed his eyes that Willock got him to 12th, he was shitting his pants about relegation for most of the season. 

11 minutes ago, heero said:

I think you could do better if you where in charge 😜

18 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

I think you'll do great as new manager should put you name out there .

Consortium have made a shambles of this imo- totally out of touch if they don't realise HOW unpopular that decision would be to keep Bruce in charge. Feels like they've no plan and are making it up as they go along, which is strange considering how long this saga has been going in for.

Edited by duo

2 minutes ago, duo said:

Consortium have made a shambles of this imo- totally out of touch if they don't realise HOW unpopular that decision would be to keep Bruce in charge. Feels like they've no plan and are making it up as they go along, which is strange considering how long this saga has been going in for.

Is this their sixth working day at the club?

3 minutes ago, duo said:

Unless they’re doing things right and actually waiting for the right manager. 

1 week into ownership and they’re a shambles, don’t know what they’re doing etc 

I’ll guarantee he’ll not be here in January. He would have been if Ashley was still here. 

What has surprised me the most is they've let him carry on like this. I'd have expected he'd be under some restraint from up top on how to conduct himself. He's fucking gone monday regardless of win or loss, these antics need to be left with our past owner and I suspect this reaction signifies his death knell. 

Get fucked or slapped, Steve Bruce.