Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

There's nothing I've seen of Gerrard to suggest he's elite.  

And reading a while back that his coaches do all the heavy lifting on the tactics and game management side is a major concern.  Makes me think of Gerrard as just a motivator type.  We don't need that.  We need someone with a wealth of tactical ability and experience developing a team from the ground up.

Edited by David Edgar

3 minutes ago, RS said:

Newcastle finished 10th and 13th in Benitez's two full seasons with Newcastle in the Premier League and Alex Bruce believes that the Spaniard was given greater respect for what he achieved.

He said: "Dad's finished round about similar and yet one's been lauded as a messiah and the other one's been battered since the moment he walked in the door, which has been the most difficult thing for me to watch because he's a Geordie.

So he's a Geordie? No waayyy.. you wouldn't know!

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I think Gerrard might keep us up but other than that nothing else 

To be fair, that’ll do for this season. 

i hate Gerrard with an absolute passion, the fucking prick. I’d still back him if he gets the job though #anyonebutBruce

Craig Hope was very good and honest.  He said there is a misconception from people outside of Tyneside that Bruce is hard done by from Newcastle fans.  Then said Bruce has brought all the negativity on himself by his shocking performances and he would have been sacked by any other club ages ago.  He also touched on the Bruce childish rant and said we journalists only got the timing wrong regarding his sacking and he will be out the door soon.

9 minutes ago, Rod said:

Craig Hope was very good and honest.  He said there is a misconception from people outside of Tyneside that Bruce is hard done by from Newcastle fans.  Then said Bruce has brought all the negativity on himself by his shocking performances and he would have been sacked by any other club ages ago.  He also touched on the Bruce childish rant and said we journalists only got the timing wrong regarding his sacking and he will be out the door soon.

He also said Bruce if anything has been let off lightly and I loved how he basically said without actually saying it that Bruce bleats about abuse and people being unfair on him for the wrong results and performances, yet wants journos slapped by their bosses for getting things wrong. Bruce is a vile narcissistic bully, an absolute fucking whopper. I hope he gets dogs abuse.

Edited by HTT II

16 minutes ago, RS said:

Newcastle finished 10th and 13th in Benitez's two full seasons with Newcastle in the Premier League and Alex Bruce believes that the Spaniard was given greater respect for what he achieved.

He said: "Dad's finished round about similar and yet one's been lauded as a messiah and the other one's been battered since the moment he walked in the door, which has been the most difficult thing for me to watch because he's a Geordie.

Wish my respect for the Bruce clan could sink any lower, but it's hit rock bottom. Shamelessly using misleading stats to tell a one sided story. Piss off man. 

Alex Bruce complaining about disrespect yet in the very same interview coming out with this...

"He's never had the opportunity at managing a club who can go and spend proper money. He's managed teams in the Premier League like Wigan, Birmingham, Hull City… his win ratio in the Premier League has been questioned umpteen times - do people really expect massive win percentages when you're managing clubs like that?

I don't want Bruce at my club for the simple reason he's not a very good manager or coach, his tactics are based around having a match winner in the team and that's it, my main reason to detest him is that fact he was and is a patsy for Ashley, possibly the most hated man in the history of Newcastle United and Bruce supports him and the destruction of my club.

Have your last game coward and fuck off

19 minutes ago, Ben said:

I don't want Bruce at my club for the simple reason he's not a very good manager or coach, his tactics are based around having a match winner in the team and that's it, my main reason to detest him is that fact he was and is a patsy for Ashley, possibly the most hated man in the history of Newcastle United and Bruce supports him and the destruction of my club.

Have your last game coward and fuck off

Well said that man/woman/person who identifies as non-binary/trans male/trans female/LGBQ+

Add to the fact he is an utter money grabbing, mercenary tosser who will bail when it suits him, with no regards to the club and fans he was supposed to be doing his best for.

He has an appalling injury record (linked to his inept training methods...training ha!), leaving players in worse physical and career developmental positions than when he started managing them.

He can crawl off and stink in a corner the rotund rat.

Just now, Numbers said:

You just know Bruce is going to find a way to ruin the day.

He can't because by ruining the day he also puts another nail in his coffin, which in turn, cheers us all up. [emoji38]

Again, if our new chairman is here today, I think it’s a double mission, to take in the match and sign off Bruce’s sacking, I expect he’ll be gone by sometime tomorrow regardless of win, lose or draw, he’s a dead man walking.