Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Ive heard/read they are more Reuben/Stavely advisors and we all know PIF make the final decisions. 

Yep mcparland and brown are PCP advisors/employees rather than the whole ownership group. Might have changed. Maine PIF have their own too?

14 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Maybe PIF have no clue about football whatsoever and so they don’t understand the situation we are in. 

The rumour was he's getting sacked in the next 24/48 hrs, that was yesterday. So assuming that's true, they obviously do understand the situation we are in. 

1 minute ago, SiLvOR said:

Why, just why :lol:

:lol: Like, if there was NO WAY he could get the job...I might??? He'd win matches. Like Pardew for six months (I can hear how mad I've gone) would steady the ship. Bruce is so much worse than Pardew man.

So Bruce says that he'd like to have clarity on his future. He also says he would like to carry on with the job. He says that any team in the bottom half of the table are fighting relegation and that is the position we were in when he walked through the door. He also says we have been fighting relegation for 6 years.

This guy obviously believes that our current situation has nothing to do with his management

I think this is due to PIF making the final decision. Its clear Staveley doesn't want him here as she failed to back him in her opening interview after taking control of the club. 

I think PIF want to double check everything instead of letting them spend £8M straight away by sacking someone. Maybe they don't fully understand football yet and haven't yet realised what a manager like Bruce remaining in charge can do to the club. From their point of view it certainly would look strange when people are saying the team would perform better without a manager being there. 

I'm sure good discussions were had yesterday and once the speed of decisions are made quicker between PIF and Staveley, situations like this won't drag out as long. But hopefully we won't ever be in this kind of situation again! 

He'll go, either today or tomorrow. Am surprised it hasn't been announced yet to be honest.

The only possible delay I can think of is down to them wanting something else in place so they can just make the announcements and not have to entertain the circus.

Steve Bruce still officially being in the job gives them the breathing room to negotiate with at least some amount of privacy.

10 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

So Bruce says that he'd like to have clarity on his future. He also says he would like to carry on with the job. He says that any team in the bottom half of the table are fighting relegation and that is the position we were in when he walked through the door. He also says we have been fighting relegation for 6 years.

This guy obviously believes that our current situation has nothing to do with his management

Guys got goldfish memory. Football tactics ya say! 0*T4ATaVyUwhg5ZWzM.jpg

22 minutes ago, Mike said:

:lol: Like, if there was NO WAY he could get the job...I might??? He'd win matches. Like Pardew for six months (I can hear how mad I've gone) would steady the ship. Bruce is so much worse than Pardew man.

Nurse!!!