Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

I think the worst bit was (if that's even possible), his answer to whether there was enough fight to stay up was: "well... there's a degree of togetherness". JFC, we're down.

Can't remember the last time I saw the media turn on a manager and pretty much demand his sacking the way they have in the last 10 hours.

If he is still here for the Spurs game I really hope NUFC go down now. Not bothered what the possible ramifications of that would mean either. The club in its present form are a stain on the integrity of the game.

Not even a sniff of him going then?  I think the main reason he's still here is that Ashley and Charnley are lazy and can't be bothered interviewing for a replacement tbh, they clearly found replacing Rafa a massive chew-on.  Just bin him and leave Jones in charge for the rest of the season, can't be any worse.

Not even a sniff of him going then?  I think the main reason he's still here is that Ashley and Charnley are lazy and can't be bothered interviewing for a replacement tbh, they clearly found replacing Rafa a massive chew-on.  Just bin him and leave Jones in charge for the rest of the season, can't be any worse.

Aye what was Bruce 10th or 11th choice wasn't it? If the job was so unattractive 2 years ago when we'd just finished the season so strongly and were a solid mid table team imagine the standard of applicants we'd get now! They'd literally be, well they'd be Steve Bruce levels of shit wouldn't they? Said last week sack him, keep him, do what they want it won't make a bit of difference to what happens this season. Bruce has destroyed the team, the spirit and the togetherness they had under Rafa (remember that 30 second clip at Leicester) and the players have downed tools and stopped playing for him. You can't suddenly flick a switch and get them going again, their heads have gone.

I want Bruce gone because I absolutely despise the bloke. He stands side by side with Ashley as my 2 most hated figures ever to be associated with NUFC but sadly keeping him or binning him now won't make any difference the the outcome for this season.

Need more of this now from the newspapers. I think even Bruce himself doesn't even want to be here anymore, you can tell by his demeanour and body language last couple of games. Genuinely think he'd rather want to be sacked then finish the season.

One of the guys on GallowgateShots made a great point about Bruce's character. Sheff Wed gave him a couple of months off to recover from heart surgery and death of his parents, a very nice thing to do. He repayed their kindness by leaking information about his contract when he heard we were in for him and left them in the shit. An absolute snake who only cares about himself.

This is basically like your house catching fire, so you run out the house and out your gate, when someone asks if you've rang the fire brigade you tell them no, then they ask if you're going to and you tell them no again.

Need more of this now from the newspapers. I think even Bruce himself doesn't even want to be here anymore, you can tell by his demeanour and body language last couple of games. Genuinely think he'd rather want to be sacked then finish the season.

One of the guys on GallowgateShots made a great point about Bruce's character. Sheff Wed gave him a couple of months off to recover from heart surgery and death of his parents, a very nice thing to do. He repayed their kindness by leaking information about his contract when he heard we were in for him and left them in the shit. An absolute snake who only cares about himself.

He's an absolute shithouse. Look at David Moyes down at Sunderland. He had no history or supposed allegiance to them and still had the decency to refuse the £3m pay off he was entitled to. This despicable twat will take us down and still hold on for his money. I live 15 mins walk from the training ground and I'm thinking about walking along there tomorrow to see if I can catch him going in so I can shout at him in person instead of venting on here but no doubt they'll all have the day off.

Why the fuck not?! What have you possibly seen that gives you confidence he can keep us up FFS?! We won’t win another game this season and our run in is wretched.

On every level it’s the wrong decision to keep him - business, football, human

Why the fuck not?! What have you possibly seen that gives you confidence he can keep us up FFS?! We won’t win another game this season and our run in is wretched.

On every level it’s the wrong decision to keep him - business, football, human

Short-termism probably. Ashley probably desperate to save his £4m and taking the usual gamble on the many more millions he'll lose. Charnley is also probably too spineless to get involved. We genuinely are truly fucked and 100% deserve to go down now.

I’ve been thinking about that £4m compensation - why doesn’t someone suggest to Ashley that he sack Bruce and just not sign the cheque? Make Bruce sue for it (and argue incompetence, because why not if you’re in court anyway)...?