Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

You’ve gotta question the players in this. Refuse to fucking play under him again ffs.

I’m not one for ‘player power’, but they hold a lot and should be forcing the club’s hand.

Don't disagree with the principle but stuff like this just doesn't happen. What's their motivation? Their job is to get paid £30-80k a week to play football. That is guaranteed regardless of who is in charge and regardless - as we've learned - of what division they're in.

You’ve gotta question the players in this. Refuse to f***ing play under him again ffs.

I’m not one for ‘player power’, but they hold a lot and should be forcing the club’s hand.

Don't disagree with the principle but stuff like this just doesn't happen. What's their motivation? Their job is to get paid £30-80k a week to play football. That is guaranteed regardless of who is in charge and regardless - as we've learned - of what division they're in.

Chelsea players instigated a change this season, Leicester players did under Ranieri... There are plenty of examples of it happening.

Ours just obviously don’t care.

The sign of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly, expecting different results. Ashley has sacked 2 managers after 3/4 of a season, and both times has been relegated.

It's a strange old situation isn't it?

Despite some who said it was sad people like me wanting Bruce to be the one who relegates us, I stand by that and say let this f***ing door knob be the one who takes us down. I don't f***ing care if we get one over pundits. Let them eat their words of backing anf support of their Brucey mate. Let them see what we have predicted all this while that Bruce is a nothing but a s*** manager.

By the way, Richard Keys said Rafa left us for more money in China.

Well right now, we have a bigger money-loving c*** who won't leave us because of money he'll earn by getting sacked. Truly, Steve Bruce is not one of us. I hope he gets pelted with dog food today on the way out of his home.

You’ve gotta question the players in this. Refuse to f***ing play under him again ffs.

Chelsea players instigated a change this season, Leicester players did under Ranieri... There are plenty of examples of it happening.

Ours just obviously don’t care.

Fair enough but did anyone refuse to play? That's probably what it would take for a clueless dickhead like Charnley to actually act.

And why not spend the 4 million to try and retain 100 million by not getting relegated

Because Ashley really isn’t bothered about relegation. He thinks he can build a championship promotion team cheaper than he can build a premiership surviving one. He’s too thick to realise you need a top manager to achieve this though.

Nah, he doesn't want to go down, he's just painted himself into a corner and doesn't know what to do at this point other than cross his fingers and hope for the best. This is a club which put an office admin guy in charge of football matters, who himself has to consult a barely recognised scout in Carr as to who should be the next manager. The whole thing's a car crash, they've left themselves up shit creek without a paddle.

I was honestly surprised when that poster Ben was insisting that we had Howe lined up as a replacement and it was already a done deal. Not that I'm convinced about Howe's credentials in a relegation scrap, but it just sounded too much like someone at the club actually being proactive and taking charge.

Oh and whatever we think about Howe's credentials, he would be a massive upgrade on Bruce. Just about anyone would, we'd have more chance of staying up if we sacked the whole coaching team and made Ritchie player manager for the last 9 games.

Fans should organise a protest at the ground to make life as uncomfortable as possible for him whilst he's still in charge.

Not while the restrictions are in place.  Would be a ridiculous idea.

And why not spend the 4 million to try and retain 100 million by not getting relegated

Because Ashley really isn’t bothered about relegation. He thinks he can build a championship promotion team cheaper than he can build a premiership surviving one. He’s too thick to realise you need a top manager to achieve this though.

Precisely. Why do you think the Championship standard players get contract extensions, and the PL quality get sold to PL clubs?

I know Newcastle isn't a normal club and everything but "We're standing by the manager" usually means "We're going to sack the manager".

The ‘dreaded’ part doesn’t apply in these circumstances.

It's his idea of his own abilities I can't stand the most.

"I've been around the block let me tell you". Aye and failed every place you've been

"Judge me after 10 games". Yep you're still an incompetent failure.

Nothing to do with players playing out of position, 5 at the back for the majority of the season and no game plan.

It's the same shite. There'll be a player told to come out with an interview in the coming days saying how they are all hurting and we need to pull together and put things right.

At least the fans can't be blamed for a creating a toxic environment at SJP this time round.

It's his idea of his own abilities I can't stand the most.

"I've been around the block let me tell you". Aye and failed every place you've been

"Judge me after 10 games". Yep you're still an incompetent failure.

Nothing to do with players playing out of position, 5 at the back for the majority of the season and no game plan.

It's the same shite. There'll be a player told to come out with an interview in the coming days saying how they are all hurting and we need to pull together and put things right.

he t

At least the fans can't be blamed for a creating a toxic environment at SJP this time round.

He knows fine well he's shite man, he talks up the opposition before every game. He won't even know himself how he ended up getting this job.

A statement from Sheffield Wednesday said: “The club is disappointed to learn via public statement issued by Newcastle United that it has appointed former Sheffield Wednesday staff Steve Bruce, Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence. Regardless of the fact that the staff resigned from their positions, there remains outstanding legal issues to be resolved between the club and the staff and Newcastle United. The club is currently considering its position and taking the appropriate legal advice.”

There's loyalty for ya.

Fuck this club. Belongs in the Championship.

I mean, you say that, but the majority of championship clubs are setup better than Newcastle. Other than fan base we probably belong in league one.

Any club under Mike Ashley doesn't deserve to exist nevermind League One. We're literally the opposite of what football or sport for that matter is supposed to be about. As a sporting entity, we have no interest in development and success. Ashley wants the club to simply exist by the cheapest means possible, hiring failure merchants like Bruce, Kinnear, McClaren etc and putting absolutely no investment into the playing side of the club under the excuse that he is trying to sell. We've been hearing that shite for 12 years now. Are we supposed to believe that this club cannot be sold in that length of time?

St James' Park has been run down to a dirty relic in dire need of modernisation and just a general fucking clean-up. The training ground is laughable and not only the worst in the Premier League but probably one of the worst in the Championship when we're in it next season. The youth team is shite, the first team is shite and there is absolutely no desire to improve either. Ashley is happy with 17th every season as long as the cash is coming in and he can reinvest it in failed high street retail.

In the 10 years before Ashley's arrival we challenged for league titles and were in Europe most seasons including several spells in the Champions League. Since then we've been relegated twice and soon to be three times, so what's the point in existing? Whats in it for us supporters? It hurts me to see my club in this state but there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that this club under Mike Ashley deserves to be relegated for the third time and if there is any justice in football it'll stay down there and rot.

The only conclusion I can muster is that twice Ashley has sacked a poor manager with a handful of games left (albeit too few) and twice we have been relegated, yet he stuck by Pardew and Carver in seasons everyone was calling for their heads and both times we stayed up. In his tiny little brain he'll be thinking that sticking with Bruce is the best option based on this experience.