Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Blatantly obvious the players want him gone and yet he is still here. In all my years of being a supporter even during the Richard Dinnis player revolt, the McKeag years and the previous Ashley years, this is probably the worst period I’ve ever experienced.

Edited by et tu brute

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Is this actually true?

I can't be, Ashley gave Woodman an 8 year deal with no get out, he wouldn't think ahead like that with Bruce.

Guest reefatoon

After that last game, it is evident that everyone has downed tools. It's going to be 9 more games of getting stuffed. With one of those games being Fulham, then that isn't going to end well for us.

Just listened to Alex's bit on 5 Live.  I like Richards, but he came across badly.  Never really had a point, just didn't want to criticise his mate.  

As for Sutton.... Well, we all know what a whopper he is.  But he was just making points for the sake of an argument and was just wasting valuable air time with nonsense.  When we could have been listening to Alex, who came across very well, by the way.  Going into more detail about how poor we are under Bruce. 

Chappers was pretty good.  Actually challenged the 'experts' on some of their views.  Not sure who the Rory fella was, but he also 'got it.'  Shut down Sutton for yet another one of his inane points, which was particularly enjoyable.  

The more I think of it, the more it seems like Jones must be calling the shots now.  There is no way Bruce would persevere with this formation, or that he would have even tried it in the first place.  As people pointed out at the time when he first arrived.  It seems like he was brought in to undermine Bruce, perhaps hoping he'll walk, I don't know?!  But it all seems a complete and utter mess and it's only heading one way. 

google for the definition of 'dead man walking' and a picture of s bruce will be the first and only result.

He's basically gagging for the sack from his comments/actions over the past few days.   

I think the 'statement' from on high on Sunday morning saying there were going to keep him is just a ploy.   I think they want shot of him but don't want to pay him the 4 million.  I think charnley or barnes has had a word in mike's ear and told him that bruce is close to to edge.  They're hoping he breaks and resigns.  I bet bruce was hoping for the sack but then that statement comes out, like "fuck, what do I need to do to get sacked around here?, I know!, 6 days off!, back to you mike!".

1 hour ago, mofo said:

Anyone done the Chronicle predictor thing? Be interested to see the results.. I've done it twice and got us safe both times!?! :dontknow:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-relegation-predictor-fulham-19866080

Whenever I do it, it always ends up going to the last game of the season.

We basically need to beat Sheffield Utd and one of West Ham or Arsenal at home or Burnley away. If we win 2 games ahead of the Fulham game it'll be in our hands. Albeit we'd need to avoid defeat on the final day to stay up.

Villa vs Fulham is a big one after the international break. If Fulham lose that it'll be 3 defeats on the spin and any momentum they did have will be gone. Need to hope Grealish is back.