Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

29 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

Why would you stay if 95% of your people don't want you there. It's impossible to succeed with that level of support and it must be felt by the players

Millions of pounds and he knows he wont get an real earache as the fans are not allowed in the stadium.  Its just a waiting game until Bruce gets his pay off. 

I don’t know anyone who wants him here or thinks he deserved to be managing a club at this level.

As much as I detested the man, even Alan Pardew had the odd supporter. I don’t know what their thought process was, maybe that one off season when we finished 5th.

Bruce is the worst manager we have had in my life time, at least we showed a bit of fight in that final game against West Ham under Carver. If it goes down to the last game at Craven Cottage you can guarantee we will go down without a whimper. 

This whole situation is Charnley doing a massive bottle job. If reports are to be believed he is in  charge day to day.

Even without any football knowledge at all, any company/director should be able to see that a 10% ( 2wins in 20) success rate is poor even ignoring competitors who are doing better. 

Regardless of his title, it's clear that he does not have the real power of a CEO. I don't believe anyone could be so oblivious to results to see that things arent working...

So what is it? Fear of Ashley, overridden by Barnes? Incompetence?

Assuming its a fear of being sacked himself for having to make a large compensation payout, then why is he not afraid of costing the business a few hundred million.

As much of a tool Ashley is, given his money driven nature there's no way he would want a loss of the magnitude relegation would bring

30 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

This whole situation is Charnley doing a massive bottle job. If reports are to be believed he is in  charge day to day.

Even without any football knowledge at all, any company/director should be able to see that a 10% ( 2wins in 20) success rate is poor even ignoring competitors who are doing better. 

Regardless of his title, it's clear that he does not have the real power of a CEO. I don't believe anyone could be so oblivious to results to see that things arent working...

So what is it? Fear of Ashley, overridden by Barnes? Incompetence?

Assuming its a fear of being sacked himself for having to make a large compensation payout, then why is he not afraid of costing the business a few hundred million.

As much of a tool Ashley is, given his money driven nature there's no way he would want a loss of the magnitude relegation would bring

Unless it’s all been agreed on behind closed doors with his legal team and the people representing the consortium.

The club have been actively trying to pave the way for this takeover to happen, why when he’s this close to getting the payout he wants, would he risk stopping the whole thing? It doesn’t make sense.

Bruce has probably been begging to be sacked but they say no because he’s the right man to take us down

16 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Unless it’s all been agreed on behind closed doors with his legal team and the people representing the consortium.

The club have been actively trying to pave the way for this takeover to happen, why when he’s this close to getting the payout he wants, would he risk stopping the whole thing? It doesn’t make sense.

Bruce has probably been begging to be sacked but they say no because he’s the right man to take us down

The only reasonable and logical explanation is that they want to go down as some kind of back door to the takeover. However, if Ashley's NUFC has taught me anything its that reason and logic was left to die in the corner 14 years ago.

1 minute ago, nufcjb said:

What's the reason for your question?

i want to know if its true that he hasn't turned up and all of this 'i will never quit talk' is horseshit if he wont even turn up to take training with the players

The talk was obviously enough for Ryder to have to shoot down "The former Manchester United skipper has not been pictured at training in recent days but has still been heavily involved at the club despite rumours on social media he refused to take charge of last week's sessions."

22 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

The talk was obviously enough for Ryder to have to shoot down "The former Manchester United skipper has not been pictured at training in recent days but has still been heavily involved at the club despite rumours on social media he refused to take charge of last week's sessions."

Does Ryder say what the shit he’s been doing? 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Does Ryder say what the shit he’s been doing? 

No just that he'll say on Friday it's business as usual and he's here until his contract expires at the end of next season apparently