Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

My hope went sometime during Pardew's reign of horror.

I'll admit it came back a bit when Rafa was here, and I enjoyed watching us again and supporting us but I always felt it was a blip, the footballing equivalent of a dead cat bounce. Then he predictably was forced out and I found it incredibly easy to going back to not giving a shit.

Only way back for me now is a takeover. This one or another one, it matters not, but I cannot support this version of Newcastle United.

35 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It is quite enlightening seeing where people's breaking points are. As if Bruce being appointed in the first place wasn't enough to turn you away. 

It was, I gave my season ticket up when Rafa left but continued watching us on TV.

Bruce, Ashley and the Brighton game were the straw that broke the camels back in terms of even bothering watching us on the tele. Literally not even bothering doing that until Ashley has gone 

So that article would be equally relevant if it said that Bruce ‘could’ be given an Alpaca by Ashley, for all the facts it contains?

Given that the Telegraph have officially adopted clickbait as a business model, Edwards has to be avoided totally from now on.

So Luke comes out of his mini Covid hiatus to run a story about Bruce when his only source at the club right now is Bruce.

Payback for the results of that mean poll.

Don’t believe a word of it. The board and Steve Bruce are not on the same page

3 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

"Newcastle United could offer Steve Bruce a new contract if he keeps the club in the Premier League with owner Mike Ashley continuing to provide staunch support to his underfire manager this week." 

That's utter shite like. Not surprising that it's Luke Baldwards that's wrote it, he's just trying to justify his own cringey Bruce worship. 

Personal breaking point was a long time ago, had a sense of foreboding over anything Hughton and Pardew achieved and later Rafa. Suppose 'bolting the cart and the horse together' and then Rafa arriving brough slight doubts to being a complete lost cause of a club and that we might begin to operate like an extremely unambitious football club but at least a football club. Fat chance.

Post Rafa have completely stopped caring, this is where preferring them to lose has come in but I consider the breaking point of caring like I used to and should to have been when no takeover happened the summer he first relegated us.

If the club is in the Championship next season then giving Doubtfire a new contract will be great news. They will need to stay down in that league and who better to ensure this than Steve Bruce.

My support for this club ebbed away when Rafa left then ended abruptly when the fat slob was appointed. Trouble is that after supporting them all me life, I'm 77 now, I just can't let go. I watch bits of games but the sight of lip licker on the touchline makes me hope for the worst and I get more pleasure out of seeing them lose than I do with a rare win

4 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

My support for this club ebbed away when Rafa left then ended abruptly when the fat slob was appointed. Trouble is that after supporting them all me life, I'm 77 now, I just can't let go. I watch bits of games but the sight of lip licker on the touchline makes me hope for the worst and I get more pleasure out of seeing them lose than I do with a rare win

Much younger but basically the same I refuse to watch the games or attend but I always know the news around the club. The club's ours not Ashley's so i refuse to give the man any money including paying for shirts or TV deals

1 hour ago, Pons Alias said:

So that article would be equally relevant if it said that Bruce ‘could’ be given an Alpaca by Ashley, for all the facts it contains?

Given that the Telegraph have officially adopted clickbait as a business model, Edwards has to be avoided totally from now on.

Is this alpaca left footed or right footed?

2 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

Edwards continuing with the brown-nosing I see. Ashley/Bruce must have the bloke on a retainer.

Cunt does it all the time and he gets the clicks and bites every single time also. I just ignore him totally as he is the worst reporter going by a long way.

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

The year is 2027. Newcastle have just battled to a 1-0 defeat at home to Notts County.

Luke Edwards immediately writes a story to state Bruce has Ashley’s full support.

Whitley and Manorpark say #wait, good news is due in June.

2027 ? this is a long game Fantail stop giving folk false hope. 

first of all, why is it ok for Bruce to leak details about his contract,

and secondly, how the fuck does his compensation pay go up if he gets sacked in the final year of his contract? isnt that what edwards was saying?

I walked past St James yesterday and it looks like a club that is managed by Steve Bruce, its a dirty mess covered in litter and big stains on the walls, no wonder the club don't want fans in this season the entire 2 man maintenance team must be furloughed.