Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Danny Mills: 

Eddie Howe is stalling over the Celtic job in case the managerial vacancy comes up at Newcastle according to former England defender Danny Mills.

"He may be just waiting to see what other jobs he gets offered

He might be thinking ‘If Newcastle stay up, does the Newcastle job become available? Is that on offer?’

That’s a big club, new owners potentially and a big budget.”

18 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Danny Mills: 

Eddie Howe is stalling over the Celtic job in case the managerial vacancy comes up at Newcastle according to former England defender Danny Mills.

"He may be just waiting to see what other jobs he gets offered

He might be thinking ‘If Newcastle stay up, does the Newcastle job become available? Is that on offer?’

That’s a big club, new owners potentially and a big budget.”

There's a 100% chance that's just random waffle.

I do get a bit of a 'no smoke without fire' vibe from the Howe stuff. The Wilson signing was an obvious departure re transfer policy, and therefore supports the theory that the would-be owners advocated the move; I wonder if there's a bit of that re Howe? 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

I do get a bit of a 'no smoke without fire' vibe from the Howe stuff. The Wilson signing was an obvious departure re transfer policy, and therefore supports the theory that the would-be owners advocated the move; I wonder if there's a bit of that re Howe? 

Would definitely be a departure if they decided to back him once he's here. 

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Anyone who comes to work for Ashley at this point is either shit or a patsy or both and can get fucked. 

I’m not sure about that under our current circumstances. We did some decent transfer business last summer and we’ve got a very comfortable mid-table squad. Given the absolute mess Bruce has made of it all it wouldn’t take too much of a tactical mastermind to come in and improve us elevating his own profile. If Howe came in and made us look even remotely watchable while improving our league position the media would be desperately linking him to top jobs again. 

On 12/04/2021 at 06:25, Paully said:

Ha ha Luke hit for six into the car park!

For once I agree with Luke Egghead. I hope he keeps us up and leaves in the summer as well. 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gabby-agbonlahor-feels-newcastle-fans-20382877

“I’ve said this all through the season that Steve Bruce deserved people to get off his back,” Agbonlahor told Football Insider.

“He’s had a hard season with injuries, coronavirus affected his squad the most with players missing games.

“Once you get Callum Wilson back, once you get Allan Saint-Maximin back, they’ll be a different team and it’s shown already.

“Newcastle will be absolutely fine, they’ve got no chance of going down. They will continue to get wins.

“Newcastle fans will owe Steve Bruce an apology for the way they’ve treated him.

“Hopefully the Newcastle chairman will give him some money in the summer to build an even better team.

“I’m happy for him and I’m happy that he’s got those players back.”

:lol: