Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

13 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Bruce took over a settled side, a squad with far more Premier League experience than 2 years ago, has added £100m, yet points & table wise hasn't improved us. Footballing wise has made us far worse.

Compare that to a manager who replaced Bruce not long before that while mid-table in the Championship (with an attacking containing Bolasie, Grealish & Abraham), with someone who's no more than an average Premier League manager, kept them up, and has now taken them to over 50 points in the Premier League.

21 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Well done to every single fan who attended today this is down to you! You had one job and you fucked up that

Edited by astraguy

What a weird loaded question? Why the fuck would anyone be buying a bloke they don’t know a pint in a pandemic? Just giving him an out to play his favourite role - the woe ridden victim.

It turns the stomach to imagine spending time with him over a pint, listening to his repeated lies as he drones on in his ham accent knowing fine well you’d not be getting one back as “me card durnt werk”. 

The standard of the NE press gang must be the worst in the country.

A quick Google suggests Simon Bird is a Crystal Palace fan.

I'm certain there's about to be a vacancy somewhere for such a great manager with such a sad face at his current job 🙁

7 minutes ago, Abacus said:

I'm certain there's about to be a vacancy somewhere for such a great manager with such a sad face at his current job 🙁

:lol: eh, what?

EDIT: You looking at the IMDB entry? The one that references the actor Simon Bird - aka Will from the Inbetweeners? Not the Newcastle-born Mirror football reporter Simon Bird? :lol:

Edited by WarrenBartonCentrePartin

8 minutes ago, Abacus said:

That'll be Simon Bird off of The Inbetweeners, not Newcastle Born Mirror Journalist, and 'C*nt' (Joe Kinnear) Simon Bird, I guess.

(have I been wooshed?)

Edited by TK-421

1 minute ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

:lol: eh, what?

Haha, I've googled the wrong Simon Bird haven't I?

I've googled the actor from the Inbetweeners.

I've had a shocker 😂

Like fuck am I feeling sorry for the mess now, they're really trying to spin a totally different picture with a few good performances at the end of the season.

People may want to give him a little credit and that's their prerogative, but hand on heart if you were asked is Steve Bruce the manager to take Newcastle forward, galvanise the club and make it a club to be proud of, I'd imagine it would be a resounding no.

Understand it's a little more nuanced than that what with Ashley etc. but Steve is too polarising from the start to ever make something of it here. He honest to god doesn't get NUFC. For all he's from here he just isn't in tune with it all.

Bollocks rant over.

1 hour ago, nbthree3 said:

Before the match, Bruce declared he wasn't worried about having crowds back. After 11 minutes the crowd chanted: “Steve Bruce, he's got a big fat head.”

After 12 minutes, Rafa Benitez's name was sung and then demanded Mike Ashley “get out of our club.”

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sad Mackem Bastard. :lol:

I actually felt sorry for him for a second there and then remembered his repulsive son making lies up about death threats on Twitter to make the fans look bad. I also remembered Bruce waging war on the supporters numerous times throughout the season and trying to make us look silly in his pressers by talking about expectations. 

I then remembered that he is statistically the worst manager in the top flight history to have managed more than 100 games and that he has had an easy ride off his arse licking pals in the press since he joined. To top it all off, “the mighty Rafa” popped in my mind. We worshipped the ground he walked on, you Steve, are a joke.