Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

5 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

13th and now 12th. I don’t like Bruce but that’s as good as anyone can do with that squad to be fair. Even more so with ASM and Wilson missing a third of the season each as well. 

Why does the state of the squad (which is a very flimsy argument in any case, cos there's loads of good players in it) provide Bruce with some sort of exemption or leniency? He's in charge of the squad. Has had four transfer windows and signed new players in every single one. He's had far more resources than his predecessor so why are we still sat here talking about a squad that has no right getting in the top half? Why hasn't it improved? 

4 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Looking at the two squads, I don't think there's a 14 point difference in quality between us and Leeds who are in 9th, bar superior coaching.

However, we have finished this season strongly which is somewhat encouraging.

Probably not no, I still think Leeds have slightly more to work with but they do have one of the top 5 coaches in the world (in my oppinion). Also until February we had one of the worse centre midfields in the league as well. 

Edited by CalmintheChaos

That Leeds team on paper is Championship level. There’s a literal example of a top class manager working miracles. Players like Ayling & Dallas are examples of what top coaching can do. No chance Leeds finish anywhere near top 10 if they had Bruce and that squad.

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

That Leeds team on paper is Championship level. There’s a literal example of a top class manager working miracles. Players like Ayling & Dallas are examples of what top coaching can do. No chance Leeds finish anywhere near top 10 if they had Bruce and that squad.

Exactly. Bamford too. Nowhere near a top centre forward in his previous career.

47 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

13th and now 12th. I don’t like Bruce but that’s as good as anyone can do with that squad to be fair. Even more so with ASM and Wilson missing a third of the season each as well. 

Tubes, man. How do you get things so wrong?

@HaydnNUFC you’ll love this tubes snippet.

Why couldn't he just say, "I want to thank the fans, I know its been tough at times and we are determined to improve further."

It's so simple.

He's done the managerial equivalent of going, "ner ner de ner ner".

Can't help himself can he. Finishes fucking 12th (start the open top bus) and goads anyone who dared to be unhappy with 2 wins in 21 games. I'd suggest he could start an argument in a phone box with no money were it not for his ridiculous kite preventing him from getting in.

Big Jow, Frazer, Wilson, Max + Miggy and he’s working with about £120m of attacking talent, most of it spent by him. And he inherited one of the best drilled defences in the league. And we were clearly all at sea until Graham Jones came in and shook things up a bit. 

12th position flatters him massively. He’s utter shit.

Edited by Candi_Hills

Well, a couple more days of reading and hearing nauseous praise of the job he's done and that's it for another summer. In my most optimistic mood I look forward to us getting bought and him being 'unfairly' sacked and replaced. I won't even mind if he walks away with his head held high, let him get the plaudits at whichever club he gets inflicted on next. 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

And their physical stats are incredible. Compare that to the shower of shit central midfielders we've had to put up with

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

And their physical stats are incredible. Compare that to the shower of shit central midfielders we've had to put up with

We've won games by defending deep and unleashing Maximan, Wilson and Willock on the break. Honestly, those three would frighten any team on the counter. Our actual football is crap, and we saw that when Max and Wilson were missing.