Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

Surely any payoff is proportional to his remaining contract period, so a new deal would basically give him a bumper payoff if he is sacked early on.

Sure, but that argument posits that Bruce is desperate to leave and (according to some) is even willing to accelerate his departure by “earning” the sack. Yet he’s not so desperate to leave that he’ll promise to stay three more years in the hope he’ll get a fatter wad before then.

Desperate to leave? Scared of facing the fans? Don’t buy it.

Money grabber for sure, but that’s a very different argument. Signing a new contract hoping it gets broken for a fat wad? I still find it more convincing the fucking spud is actually trying his very very best, just that it is woefully inadequate.

Whoever is running the club, whether it be Justin Barnes, Lee Charnley or some other clueless gimp is fucking thick as fuck man.  

Why offer him a new deal now? Why not wait and see how he gets on this season? If we're in absolute freefall come November (or any point in the season) the club is going to have to fork out a load in compensation. Its not as if we're going to have bother keeping him, he has no other options and no other club would touch him with a bargepole. Its basic logic like. 

They only have to do the bare minimum, yet they still manage to fuck that up. Fucking clowns. 

5 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Whoever is running the club, whether it be Justin Barnes, Lee Charnley or some other clueless gimp is fucking thick as fuck man.  

Why offer him a new deal now? Why not wait and see how he gets on this season? If we're in absolute freefall come November (or any point in the season) the club is going to have to fork out a load in compensation. Its not as if we're going to have bother keeping him, he has no other options and no other club would touch him with a bargepole. Its basic logic like. 

They only have to do the bare minimum, yet they still manage to fuck that up. Fucking clowns. 

because even if we get relegated, he wont be sacked.

Makes zero sense like everything else at this club under Ashley.

Can't wait for the "reluctant to sack Bruce after handing him a new contract" excuses come November when we are bottom and Bruce is flailing around on the touch line like a fish on the pavement.

BTW imagine what sort of a manager/person you'd have to be, in the context of this summer, to actually want to sign a contract. :lol: What a grateful, accepting, enabling patsy fucker. To think Rafa got stick for walking away from this, man. Christ on a bike. 

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Christ, here's me hoping Edwards is right, ffs. What is this club doing to me [emoji38]

If it is a straight up 3 year deal then the takeover is off or so far away/uncertain then don't expect it to happen in the next couple of years. It also means so many fans walk away or further distance themselves, me included. Finally it ends up in relegation. either this season or next and it won't be pretty. You just know the season we go down the mackems come up and it will add to even further embarrassment when they turn us over. Hopefully by the 'us' doesn't include me as i'll be taking up fishing/cross-stitch. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Totally believable, but at the same time it is the Daily Star like. I wouldn't be rushing into the takeover thread if they reported it was imminent.

Yeah but this is bad news. 

Obviously Ashley's heard for many fans the only interest and pleasure left is seeing Bruce suffer and decided to trample on those flickering embers too.

Without that caring in a negative sense there's nothing.

Eventually after trying to stop someone jumping off a cliff you give up, even waiting for them to deservedly break every bone in their body gets boring and you move on after a while. Think that's how it would be.  Just hearing years after you've stopped caring that Ashley has sold the club or died and that Bruce was peddled years before. That the cliff jumping prick is in traction permanently. You'll go 'karma' but that's it.

Being the star though,there is some hope.

Edited by Wolfcastle

16 hours ago, Dancing Brave said:

No, no no mate. I dislike him, he's a terrible manager but don't wish that on him please.

Neither do I but if he is daft enough to sign on for another 3 years, I wouldn't be surprised if  working for fat cunt Ashley killed him.

I can't even relate to anyone who cheers when we score anymore.

I can't believe anyone gets any sort of enjoyment out of the club now, not even a tiny bit.

There's nothing left but a shell, and that's now rotting aswell.

It is so sad what's happened to our club. 

Edited by ToonArmy1892

I think its more likely:

a) his contract will be renewed on a short term basis 

b) he'll be binned and Jones will take over

I simply can't see Ashley wanting him tied down on a lengthy contract, unless he has means to bin him without paying out a fortune.

3 hours ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Fuck off baldylocks.

He's probably right though. It's the only scenario which makes any sense. Although I use that term loosely since he shouldn't have any sort of contract extension built in being the useless twat that he is. 

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

He's probably right though. It's the only scenario which makes any sense. Although I use that term loosely since he shouldn't have any sort of contract extension built in being the useless twat that he is. 

Don't care if he's right or wrong, he can do one.