Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

1 hour ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Don't care if he's right or wrong, he can do one.

Goes without saying,aye. He can walk in front of a bus as far as I'm concerned. 

5 hours ago, Yorkie said:

BTW imagine what sort of a manager/person you'd have to be, in the context of this summer, to actually want to sign a contract. :lol: What a grateful, accepting, enabling patsy fucker. To think Rafa got stick for walking away from this, man. Christ on a bike. 

I honestly wonder why he bothers. Doesn't look like he enjoys it, it's at least a 6 day a week job being a manager, shitloads of travelling, it must be stressful (especially at Ashley's NUFC where he's often the only public face of the club) and if he doesn't think most fans think he's a cunt then he's about to find out now they're allowed back in.

And this is a man who is already rich enough that he could fuck off tomorrow and would never need to work again in his life. It's not like a Charnley situation who is clinging onto a job that will set his family up for life.

I honestly don't understand what Btuce gets from it or why he wants to carry on.

25 years ago Keegan Signed Alan Shearer for a then world record £15M 

This Gelatinous spineless fckwit epitomises every single tiny thing about this setup 25 years later, Lazy, drink addled, soundbite ridden, classless fcking embarrassment 

Its going to be sumptuous watching the fat tw@t trembling in the dugout getting pelters from all 4 corners

Despise the Cnut with a passion

Totally agree with geordiesteve710's comment - that's how I'd feel and how you probably feel.

I wonder if its like when things at the club make no sense when seen through the prism of a football club becoming clear as day when seen through the prism of not really being a football club. If Bruce is a c**t he probably wouldn't think like that, more a case of 'stuff them and the club I'm going to get every penny I can out of it"

Literally the only shred of a decent and dignified thing he could do that might take a bit of the edge of being so utterly despised, is to not sign a new contract - so he probably will.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Guest reefatoon

They used his desperate need to be liked against him. The poor cunt fell for it hook line and sinker. 

30 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

They used his desperate need to be liked against him. The poor cunt fell for it hook line and sinker. 

Love shit like that. Like when we used to applaud the opposition keeper in the second half then give him wanker signs when he applauded back.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-boss-steve-bruce-answers-21188491

Reports linking Bruce with a three-year contract offer emerged before the game.

Speaking after the 2-0 win over Burton last night, Bruce said: "I honestly do not know where it came from.

"That was news to me."

And when asked if he'd held any talks, Bruce insisted: "No".

More interestingly when asked if he was at the end of his contract in May, he replied: "No."

13 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

We could stick a 20m bid in right now. Pretty confident they'd accept it, they're clearly not sold on him playing. I think he'd come too if accepted, unless we offer pittance. Such pathetic, small time, penny pinching from us. 

20M is a drop in the ocean for Arsenal. I think they'll loan him out for another season just to make sure last wasn't just a flash in the pan, then decide on his future next summer.

I feel sorry for those who actually care anymore.

If there is any truth in a contract extension, then there’s also no takeover on the horizon. (We all knew that anyway, but the extension is yet another confirmation imo). 

If the club, under any circumstances, were in a situation were there was even a glimmer of hope for a takeover extending the contract would not be a topic. 

Under this regime, Bruce is easily replaced. You only need a ‘Yes man’ working for less than peanuts. They’re out there. 

Edited by maze

13 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

"Irons in the fire" [emoji38]

Basically we are going around making below market offers, looking for duds from agents who are desperate to get their client on a contract, sniffing about free deals and quibbling about the salaries. 

Fuck off man. 

12 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

We could stick a 20m bid in right now. Pretty confident they'd accept it, they're clearly not sold on him playing. I think he'd come too if accepted, unless we offer pittance. Such pathetic, small time, penny pinching from us. 

The way we'll look at that is, if they'll accept 20m, maybe they'll accept eight....:pow:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-steve-bruce-contract-21197708

Bruce told reporters on Friday: "I honestly don't know where it comes from or where that is.

"Was it eight years or three years?

"I'd prefer eight years.

"But no, it was news to me."

Ashley refused to sack Bruce last season when results were poor, and in turn, Bruce has vowed never to walk away from the job, despite its financial constraints, pressure and public scrutiny.

The Toon owner would have to pay a big settlement package to Bruce if he decided to change manager, but the reality is that Bruce has done a similar job to Benitez, finishing 13th and 12th, securing survival long before the final day.

Chief Newcastle United Writer for the Evening Chronicle, Lee Ryder everyone... if you're looking only at the league table and points "accumulated" yes. But it's a cover-up for the blatant stagnation hidden beneath and surely Lee recognises that