Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

At some point this season I have a strong feeling someone decent, so a top Championship club or one of the smaller Prem ones, will come in for Jones as manager especially off the back of his work with Southgate and England this summer which was pretty well documented.

And then we will be well and truly done for.

Guest HTT II
Just now, Minhosa said:

I'll take that bet.

£50 to SBR Foundation says he's still here by Jan 1st 2022 (caveat for ill health, in case the big ball of lard keels over!).

If you lose, same to the food bank? I just can’t see us playing well enough and winning enough games to keep the fans onside. They won’t sack him, but I can see him walking.

Just now, HTT II said:

If you lose, same to the food bank? I just can’t see us playing well enough and winning enough games to keep the fans onside. They won’t sack him, but I can see him walking.

Sure - charity of your choice.

Mine is SBR Foundation if you lose.

Guest HTT II
Just now, Minhosa said:

Sure - charity of your choice.

Mine is SBR Foundation if you lose.

Happy to oblige, top man :thup:

I'm pleased the guy's getting credit that he obviously deserves, but I'm sorry but the only takeaway I'm getting from The Athletic's deep-dive into Graeme Jones is wtf is Steve Bruce doing? Sounds like his contribution is absolutely minute compared to Jones and the place was a total shitshow before he came along. 

17 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I'm pleased the guy's getting credit that he obviously deserves, but I'm sorry but the only takeaway I'm getting from The Athletic's deep-dive into Graeme Jones is wtf is Steve Bruce doing? Sounds like his contribution is absolutely minute compared to Jones and the place was a total shitshow before he came along. 

Haven't read it but I assume that Bruce gets away with zero challenge to his credibility from the Athletic Writers?

They're scared shitless of criticising him. It's hilarious the lengths the three of them go to to avoid any Bruce digs on their podcast.

5 hours ago, HTT II said:

I’ll wager he won’t make it to January.

He will if we get Willock. Yes we'll lose plenty of games, but we'll win more than enough to keep the useless twat in a job. Willock, ASM and Wilson will score enough goals to see us safe, and keep the mug punters happy. 

31 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Haven't read it but I assume that Bruce gets away with zero challenge to his credibility from the Athletic Writers?

They're scared shitless of criticising him. It's hilarious the lengths the three of them go to to avoid any Bruce digs on their podcast.

Not a morsel of criticism in the entire thing. 

59 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Not a morsel of criticism in the entire thing. 

Par for the course.

They always do it.

Even when we were looking a sure fire shout to get relegated last year, as close as they got to a criticism was their reporting of 'fan discontent'.

What, you bellends who are paid to write about football and offend the ears with your fucking dreadful craic every week, don't feel the need to question the manager? Wow.

Same with his mates at the Telegraph, NCJ etc.

The prick is bulletproof but the Athletic lot are probably the funniest due to their very obvious avoidance of anything anti-Bruce.

Just now, ManDoon said:

Yeah my respect for Caulkin nosedived after his refusal to even slightly criticize Bruce. He went after pardew and McClaren. 

Aye me too.

He was far better when he was just read and not heard tbh.

Stay in the background, do your job and try not to be some sort of heralded voice of the fans.

He's just Steve Bruce's mate to me nowadays.

One step above that cunt Edwards (Hello @IMTTS) only because of the fact he doesn't intentionally wind the fans up. His loyalty to Bruce has massively impacted his ability to write about NUFC's continuing malaise.

Maybe Ashley thought this one right the way through.....................appoint a cunt who they (the written press) all really like.

He's the morden day SBR without the warmth, likeability, credibility, trophy cabinet or integrity.

And, yet still, the media talk of him in glowing terms.

Bruce will have a similar season to 2019-20 in terms of results this season coming up imo, just with a strong defence traded in for a leaky one and near non existent front line in for a competent striker. In spite of how shit some of the performances and couple of the results were we were tough to beat at home pre COVID, only 3 defeats and only 1 of those 3 being by more than 1 goal. The odd win away topped off with a bottom 8 finish. Happy days. The fans being back will have a massive part, he was so lucky that they weren't there.

Last season many performances at home were ones to turn crowds: Brighton, Man Utd, Chelsea, Fulham, Leeds, Arsenal just from the top of my head. Away was just as bad, Sheff Utd, Leeds, West Brom, Brighton, Villa, Southampton. It almost seems like I'm naming all of our defeats last season here :lol: but the displays were truly shocking. Yet he didn't have the fans in, if they were there I'd be convinced he'd have gone after Brighton away or even before that. 

On 08/08/2021 at 23:32, Yorkie said:

It's not a negligible loss though; losing even a terrible striker piles more pressure onto the only good one we have. 

I think Wilson has stated he wants to score 20 goals this season, so it doesn't really add pressure to him. Carroll's 2 min cameos won't be missed.

19 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

We have the easiest fan base on planet earth fucking hell. You could put Jihadi John in the dugout and people would still turn up.

You do wonder if Ashley calculated this when he bought us or if he just realised what he could get away with as things developed after the Keegan fiasco.  I'd lean towards the latter probably.

3 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

You do wonder if Ashley calculated this when he bought us or if he just realised what he could get away with as things developed after the Keegan fiasco.  I'd lean towards the latter probably.

He bought us on a whim :lol:

As we know, he’s a huge gambler and his gamble on NUFC has paid off big time. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

He bought us on a whim :lol:

As we know, he’s a huge gambler and his gamble on NUFC has paid off big time. 

Aye but there's a whim and there's knowing enough about NUFC and their famously loyal fanbase to have in the back of your mind how you're going to exploit it.

42 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

We have the easiest fan base on planet earth fucking hell. You could put Jihadi John in the dugout and people would still turn up.

Almost brings new meaning to the phrase 'Explosive counter attack'.

50 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

:weep: when did our fan base turn to shit (obv not everyone by ye na).

We used to have great fans.

I can't relate to these lot going on like nowts the matter.

i think this contingent has always been there, in the minority, among the diehards. When the decent fans sacked it off, what’s left is the dregs. They bring their kids and mates along and before you know it you have Ashley and Bruce’s B&W army. Unless we get taken over, this is how it’ll be forever.

I thought we would be cert for relegation but Norwich, Brentford and Watford not to mention Palace and Burnley look like they will stink the place out and Bruce gets another free ticket into next season