Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Newcastle boss Steve Bruce tells Sky Sports: "We had some really good opportunities but the difficult is that we gave poor goals away. It was our Achilles heel today.

"That is a the goalscoring instinct for a centre forward, Cristiano Ronaldo was on the end of it and it was a tap-in. If there is a genuine superstar in among us, it is him."

In the 2018/19 season we didn't win until game 11 which was in November. We lost 7, and drew 3 before winning. Of those 7 defeats, 6 were within a 1 goal margin (for example a 2-1 or a 1-0). The lone defeat that wasn't was by 2 goals. 

Out of 4 games this season, we've conceded by a margin of 2 in 2 games, 3 in 1 game and drew 1. The defence fragility is clear for everyone to see...

11 minutes ago, robbo_11 said:

Newcastle boss Steve Bruce tells Sky Sports: "We had some really good opportunities but the difficult is that we gave poor goals away. It was our Achilles heel today.

"That is a the goalscoring instinct for a centre forward, Cristiano Ronaldo was on the end of it and it was a tap-in. If there is a genuine superstar in among us, it is him."

I’ll wait for the real quotes.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruce-finds-positives-newcastles-21543594

I was very pleased with a lot of it. We were a constant threat on the counter attack.

"With the third goal we had a big opportunity with Joelinton to maybe go 2-2 and then with the quality [Bruno] Fernandes possesses he smashes, one in the top corner and all the hard work all comes undone.

“We had some really good opportunities.

"I can’t remember coming here with so many opportunities.

"The difficulty is giving poor goals away."

The man spent 20 years as a professional central defender, a significant amount of that time at the most successful club of the era under one of the greatest managers of all time. Surely you'd have thought he'd have at least some expertise in the art of defending. 

However, he has as much knowledge as he does international caps. 

1 minute ago, nbthree3 said:

:lol:

How many of that defensive unit he started with were away on international duty exactly? Would suggest there was a chance for it to be a bit more meticulous if the self styled defensive coach hadn't fucked off abroad for some sun. 

8 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

:lol:

I don't get why he has a problem with it. He went on holiday, if he really thinks it's appropriate he should have no problem saying it. It's not like his coaching would make any difference anyway, might as well catch some sun. 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruce-angrily-denies-newcastles-21543600

When the question was put to Bruce by ChronicleLive, he responded: "Wow... Go on . . . Do you think I really have to answer that to you?

"That's what the fans are asking are they? We have trained all week and we were in every day.

"The preparation was meticulous.

"Let me tell you. There is nothing more in preparation...

"What was I supposed to do? We had six of them away.

"The preparation was fine and we have been in all week.

"You could see the game plan was what we worked to.

"To have to answer questions like that is typical to the question I would get off you - and your newspaper.

"If I am being brutally honest.

"That's why they are the way they are, the way you are and your negativity and your newspaper."

Wow :lol:

18 times we've conceded 3+ goals in a league game since Bruce arrived (out of 80, so that's just short of a quarter of all league games; a fucking quarter). We've conceded 4+ on nine occasions. 5 three times. 

Absolutely pitiful. 

Previous manager

3+: 14 (10.6%)

4+: 2 

5+: 0

(out of 132 league games).

3 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruce-angrily-denies-newcastles-21543600

When the question was put to Bruce by ChronicleLive, he responded: "Wow... Go on . . . Do you think I really have to answer that to you?

"That's what the fans are asking are they? We have trained all week and we were in every day.

"To have to answer questions like that is typical to the question I would get off you - and your newspaper.

"That's why they are the way they are, the way you are and your negativity and your newspaper."

Fucking hell.  The Chronicle have given him a ridiculously easy ride.

They should turn on him big style now.  They won’t though, because they don’t want to lose their access.

Edited by Sima

3 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

He is cracking! Loving this man!

We need Mr Hope to start sticking the boot in and a nice defeat to Leeds next week. 

5 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Pardew levels of blaming the press for the fans' reactions to the shit results.