Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

I’ve said since I walked through the door two years ago that I’m not going to be everyone’s cup of tea but, with my experience, I hope to keep the club just ticking along, make sure it stays where it is and maintain our Premier League status

Only just seen this, what an inspiring man.  Imagine being a player and being asked to join Bruce on his ambitious but doomed project to keep stagnant Newcastle exactly where they are.  You too can come and be part of the squad that will hopefully keep it ticking along.

2 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Only just seen this, what an inspiring man.  Imagine being a player and being asked to join Bruce on his ambitious but doomed project to keep stagnant Newcastle exactly where they are.  You too can come and be part of the squad that will hopefully keep it ticking along.

ASM is loving it, by all accounts

8 minutes ago, NE27 said:

ASM is loving it, by all accounts

He's lucked out in ASM and to an extent Wilson and Willock in that they're self motivating players who are happy with the freedom of not being told what to do.  Unfortunately the rest of the squad need some motivating and at leaast some form of organising so they know, for insstance, if there's a stationary ball in the penalty area which one of them should be dealing with it instead of staring at it blankly while Raphinha bears down on it from miles away.

Guest neesy111

There's the issue with ASM, loves it under Bruce because it's hit to him and hope.  This is probably good thing for us as I feel it means many top teams won't come in for him.

3 hours ago, Mattoon said:

Literally no resistance to Bruce tonight, saw a few paper plans lying behind the Leeds goal, that was a bit of a wet fart.

fair few loud chants at him throughout the game, even before they scored.

"cheer up steve bruce" got an airing too.

9 hours ago, Decky said:

Ritchie isn’t even looking at Bruce. :lol: 

Loved that Ritchie didn't give a fuck what Bruce was saying.

Any good lip readers out there? What was the walrus trying to say from 0:06 onwards? To me, it was like 'muh muh muh muh'.

6 hours ago, toontownman said:

Probably says it all....

Newcastle United 1-1 Leeds United: Steve Bruce 'delighted' with fight to get draw

https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/58605442

Newcastle United 1-1 Leeds United: Marcelo Bielsa not satisfied with draw at Newcastle

https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/58605441

Says it all that. What a total loser the bloke is.

3 hours ago, nufcjb said:

Loved that Ritchie didn't give a fuck what Bruce was saying.

Any good lip readers out there? What was the walrus trying to say from 0:06 onwards? To me, it was like 'muh muh muh muh'.

You can make out Graeme saying 5-4-1 so does he have the say on formation?

None of us have seen ASM under a non-Bruce manager though, so he "loves" it under Bruce relative to what, exactly? 

And why the fuck would he worry about being dropped? All he's ever done for us is be a good, productive footballer. Oh but he took an 80 minute flight to France a couple of times. Fucking weirdos. 

He's an excellent footballer and could be stream-lined into a near-world class one under a good manager. You're a creep if you think there's an "issue" with him. 

re Bruce when he was with us in the Championship.

He had us floundering absolutely nowhere, was replaced by a rookie manager with 1/20th of the managerial experience he had, who, using the same players, put together a run of 10 wins in a row and got us, from nowhere, promoted.

Binning Bruce was the absolute best thing we did, and it's blatantly clear to any Villa fan watching what he's doing with you now, that the situation around the manager (you obviously have the owner problem too) is exactly the same.

He's stinking the place out and hanging around for a pay off.

So depressing.

18 hours ago, IMTTS said:

None of us have seen ASM under a non-Bruce manager though, so he "loves" it under Bruce relative to what, exactly? 

And why the fuck would he worry about being dropped? All he's ever done for us is be a good, productive footballer. Oh but he took an 80 minute flight to France a couple of times. Fucking weirdos. 

He's an excellent footballer and could be stream-lined into a near-world class one under a good manager. You're a creep if you think there's an "issue" with him. 

Wahey, he's got his tongue out of bacon face's arse long enough to come back and post shite.