Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

7 minutes ago, christ said:

Do our players like him? Feels like over the last 18 months there’s a steady stream of leaks about him falling out of various squad members.

The ones who know they’re onto a good thing with their days off, lax training, get selected no matter what etc will obviously like him. The ones with potential who feel like they need to progress either via training or pitch time will be glad of him going, I presume. 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Good Guy bruce - mega fan and cares so deeply about the club. No one could care more about it than him! - Now of course we dont know if its true or not, but honestly at this point, its more farfetched to think its not true than it is true.

I know everyone wants him sacked immediately, but he is vastly experienced at managing teams struggling to stop up. In reality is there anyone you would rather have? Other managers available haven’t got the experience of struggling at the foot of the table and that to me speaks volumes!

One thing Bruce does not do is walk away from a challenge, give him a chance FFS!!

2 minutes ago, mofo said:

I know everyone wants him sacked immediately, but he is vastly experienced at managing teams struggling to stop up. In reality is there anyone you would rather have? Other managers available haven’t got the experience of struggling at the foot of the table and that to me speaks volumes!

One thing Bruce does not do is walk away from a challenge, give him a chance FFS!!

NSIS :milner:

4 minutes ago, worthy said:

Good Guy bruce - mega fan and cares so deeply about the club. No one could care more about it than him! - Now of course we dont know if its true or not, but honestly at this point, its more farfetched to think its not true than it is true.

Can’t see it being true coz I can’t see the consortium letting him stay over a money, pretty sure you can put them on gardening leave whilst sorting out a pay off as well 

2 minutes ago, mofo said:

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47nrcs67jcuox1ozqq0q7

7 minutes ago, mofo said:

Ban. 

8 minutes ago, mofo said:

Surely a piss take? When a manager can only win 7in 37 that's a relegation manager. Even Fat Sam or Woy would be better options for a few months

Just now, KDT said:

Hopefully it's an extra few days to get things straight with a new DoF and Manager and Bruce is peddled on Monday.

Yeah the only thing I'm really bothered about here is the fact that it puts a dampener on Sunday. He's obviously gonna go, they either: A, didn't feel that it was sensible to leave the team without any management structure going into the game; B, they want their replacement sorted beforehand; or C, there's some logistical/financial issue in preventing them pulling the trigger immediately - including, potentially, something to do with their own corporate management structure, on account of the sudden breakthrough. 

It's probably a combination of all three tbh but any one of these reasons are perfectly valid; even A, when you consider they're approaching this with more of a level head than us lot who despise him.

It would only be a concern if they were thinking that they wanted to take a look at him with a view to him continuing in post. There's nothing to suggest that's the case and I see absolutely no reason as to why they would. 

I wonder if the PA announcer tries to make a thing out of it being Steve Bruces' 1000th game as a manager...  you know, bring him onto the pitch for the crowd to lend their feelings.....

Oh I hope so, it will be glorious as he parades around, arms raised in appreciation while the whole stadium echoes to the sound of BOOOOO!

22 minutes ago, mofo said:

worst post in the history of the internet 

4 minutes ago, pinkeye said:

I wonder if the PA announcer tries to make a thing out of it being Steve Bruces' 1000th game as a manager...  you know, bring him onto the pitch for the crowd to lend their feelings.....

Oh I hope so, it will be glorious as he parades around, arms raised in appreciation while the whole stadium echoes to the sound of BOOOOO!

Said it before but I'd honestly much rather everyone just sits in silence. Would make him feel so small to hear crickets in a crowd of 52,000 people.

If we win on Sunday, I'm not opposed to him sticking around for a few games if we're in decent form. Picking up wins and staying up in objective number one. The new owners need to get a decent structure in place with the right man. That might take time.

Lose on Sunday and his position is untenable though. You could even argue that if we fail to win. I don't want us to panic and appoint some chump. 

Its easy to sit there and say 'anyone is better than Bruce' but we're in trouble here and we've got a poor squad. We might still appoint someone who is default better than Bruce but still not good enough to get us going. Lampard might be in that category. 

Edited by Doctor Zaius

10 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Gardening leave doesn't work. His contract is indefinite for life. 

9 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Can't run down the clock on him because the clock extends forever. What a fucking joke.

Hadn't really considered the exact logistics of it.  Steve Bruce on a perpetual loop - wow!

29 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Okay, I've changed my mind. We can celebrate and have a carnival atmosphere. But I also want us to give him dogs' abuse all game so he can't leave the director's box. Even if we're winning.

Fuck him.

2 hours ago, reefatoon said:

Bloody hell, just popped sky sports news on while having my brekkie and had to switch it straight off. Bunch of nobody’s talking about how bad Bruce has been treated, how good a manager he is and how good a man he is, and shit you not they were talking about how he lost his parents. Absolutely unbelievable shit being spouted. He really does manage to have these people swallowing his utter tripe. Fuming now, and his shit press conference is not going to help my mood.

This is probably a (minor) part of the reason he is still here. Wouldn't surprise me if Staveley and co are reluctant to sack him with his 1000th game coming up to ward off negative media reaction. They know the press will be gunning for them anyway, why add fuel to the fire when they don't have a replacement lined up? 

I know it pains us to acknowledge it, but they probably feel it would be respectful to let him get this one out of the way before binning him. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they don't sack him until the DoF is in place.