Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

40 minutes ago, TRon said:

Unless we have a new manager lined up, sacking Bruce isn't likely to change the results. Jones or any caretaker won't be able to turn this lot around in the space of a few weeks, most of them look like they need a full pre-season's training. 

I don't really care if it does change the results, I just want him out.

30 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

I don't understand why you don't think he's cosy with Staveley.

He's as good as confirmed (previously) on the Athletic podcast that he got all of his "no red flags" info from Staveley. He was the only journalist to get a sit down interview with her when PIF initially pulled out.

She is most definitely his source on all things consortium/nufc related when it comes to high level information and decisions.

He’s also confirmed a few times that while he got/gets information, it’s no real inside scoop. Again I highly doubt anyone in the consortium would have told anyone that Bruce would be sacked by the Spurs game. They keep their council well and as we’ve all become all too aware of, the media, be it Caulkin or whoever, know nowt really whatever they feel they get fed. 

17 minutes ago, TRon said:

What's the point in getting wound up about the exact timing of Bruce's sacking on the back of what we THINK Staveley might have told George? 

I'm not wound up, it just doesn't reflect well on the new ownership.

The facts are they briefed every man and his dog he'd be gone and that hasn't happened.

It's more that it all just seems haphazard on their behalf. If they don't want to rush a decision then that is fine and i get that, but if that is the case they shouldn't have told the world he was going.

All they've done is undermine Bruce and lessen his authority even further. Given he's terrible at his job as it is, the last thing they needed to do was make it even more difficult for him.

Just now, PlymouthGeordie said:

The facts are they briefed every man and his dog he'd be gone and that hasn't happened.

It's more that it all just seems haphazard on their behalf. If they don't want to rush a decision then that is fine and i get that, but if that is the case they shouldn't have told the world he was going.

All they've done is undermine Bruce and lessen his authority even further. Given he's terrible at his job as it is, the last thing they needed to do was make it even more difficult for him.

You don’t know they’ve briefed anyone.

It’s likely the journos have all just guessed, albeit an educated one. 

Just now, PlymouthGeordie said:

You have no proof they ‘briefed’ anyone. None of the journos have said as such, most of it was hunch work/second guessing which they’ve done from the off, often being totally fucking wrong about almost everything. Edwards a prime example…

I want Bruce gone yesterday and they need to have him removed by the time we play our next game because his presence anywhere near the club is toxic, damaging and will cost us even more points, but we have to trust them and be patient and I’m sure we will be fine and although relegation would be a disaster short-term, I think long-term we are going to become a force in European football again under them whatever this season brings or not. 

Edited by HTT II

Just now, LV said:

You don’t know they’ve briefed anyone.

It’s likely the journos have all just guessed, albeit an educated one. 

I don't believe that to be the case personally. 

An educated guess would be to say he's going but not give a time frame: they all said gone by Spurs so in my opinion that has been sourced from someone in the consortium.

Happy to agree to disagree though. I just think removing Bruce is the easiest decision they'll ever have to make as owners and for whatever reason they seem to be struggling to make it.

To me there's no excuses for not getting rid of this cunt, whether when they took over, in run up to Spurs, or now. He's a footballing parasite who, in spite of the takeover, saps enthusiasm, ability and club standing the longer he's present. 'We have to be patient, the owners will take time to make the right decision', fuck off man. The right decision is launching this bell end into the Tyne as soon as possible. Why should that take patience to come to that conclusion? #wait until we lose to Palace, Chelsea and maybe Brighton, then when we're 8+ points adrift we'll get rid. :lol: I'd rather Jones takes charge of Palace than lard arse, gives 2 weeks up to Chelsea to bring Favre, Fonseca or whoever the fuck in. Because the longer Bruce stays at this club are chances of staying up are nil, and the more confidence is sapped. 

Fucking get rid, now.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

To me there's no excuses for not getting rid of this cunt, whether when they took over, in run up to Spurs, or now. He's a footballing parasite who, in spite of the takeover, saps enthusiasm, ability and club standing the longer he's present. 'We have to be patient, the owners will take time to make the right decision', fuck off man. The right decision is launching this bell end into the Tyne as soon as possible. Why should that take patience to come to that conclusion? #wait until we lose to Palace, Chelsea and maybe Brighton, then when we're 8+ points adrift we'll get rid. :lol: I'd rather Jones takes charge of Palace than lard arse, gives 2 weeks up to Chelsea to bring Favre, Fonseca or whoever the fuck in. Because the longer Bruce stays at this club are chances of staying up are nil, and the more confidence is sapped. 

Fucking get rid, now.

I don't get how he survives this top down assessment Staveley was talking about. Just look at his stats ffs :lol: (that graphic Sky used with us between 18th and 20th in every metric). 

The only explanation is they want the new manager ready to come in. But it seems riskier to leave Bruce involved when he's as obviously incompetent as he is?

1 minute ago, Joe Nelson said:

Before the takeover: Get that fat asshole out of the club now!!!!

After the takeover: Its fine if he stays for a while. 

Opposite for me.

Previously there would be no point sacking him as who was the previous owner going to replace him with? Someone similar probably. 

Just now, Anderson said:

Sick of this “Bruce deserves better”, Neville on MNF insisting he deserves his pay-off ffs. Get to fuck.

It’s “inhuman” the treatment of Bruce apparently - here’s a suggestion, why don’t you just resign