Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Absolutely outrageous honestly, beyond a joke

Players have to take some responsibility for their own personal development at some point and just show up anyway. Get the tea lady to help put out cones if you have to.

Just now, Yorkie said:

I hope they hold their nerve and get the right appointment as opposed to panicking. But clearly they need to reassess their view as to whether or not 'no manager' is better than this manager. 

There’s surely no doubt about this now. He’s barely working, he’s doing nothing, he’s giving them loads of days off (if true). He’s gotta sleep with the fishes. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I hope they hold their nerve and get the right appointment as opposed to panicking. But clearly they need to reassess their view as to whether or not 'no manager' is better than this manager. 

No manager is so clearly the better option than that sorry excuse of a cunt. If they can't see that before Palace, I'll worry. Worrying already tbh. Another alright fixture tossed off so they can make some more shortlists, fuck off man.

Just now, huss9 said:

even if the cunt wants the players to have a rest day, why the fuck arent they in analysing their performance, palace's play and our own tactics?

Watch the Man City documentary, Pep spends as much time in the video room as he does on the training pitch. Absolutely no excuse at all. 

12 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

:lol: It's, like, the most important stat of a manager :lol: 

I don't really agree with that as it depends on the goals of the club. E.g. OGS's win % at ManU I'm sure is higher than managers doing a better job at lower teams. That's not to say Bruce

s is good, but it's not what I judge him on.

I can appreciate the impatience, but I think we should just take a moment to review:

For those who say “They’ve had 18 months to plan this”, I’d suggest their plan was “Get Rafa”. And since Rafa became unavailable, we’ve been in legal battles and not updating the “Get Rafa” footballing operation plan.

”Get Jones in” is another easy call - and if Jones wanted it, he would have been boss for Spurs. Either he doesn’t fancy it, or he’s become one of Bruce’s fawning entourage. No one has mentioned Dawson as a caretaker, despite him previously managing the squad though a pre season, but the same applies; there’s no way they didn’t float all internal options.

The new owners have been left in no doubt a change is needed, and if the stories about Mehrdad calling manger agents is true, they’re actively trying to make it happen.

So I guess I’m saying In quite chilled about Bruce leading us to defeat against Palace and Chelsea. I’m also quite chilled about potentially being 10-12 adrift before the window opens - purely because it’s easy to string a couple of wins into huge rises up the table around the relegation zones.

#CabbageHeedOot and all, and it will happen. We’ve waited 14 years, another match or two is insignificant in the bigger scheme of things…

1 hour ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Yeah I mean, it's not like he's managed Aston Villa, Newcastle and Sunderland for significant periods of time.

Some of the most illustrious football clubs in England.

Bruce has only fathered shit kids, by that reasoning

36 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

I can appreciate the impatience, but I think we should just take a moment to review:

For those who say “They’ve had 18 months to plan this”, I’d suggest their plan was “Get Rafa”. And since Rafa became unavailable, we’ve been in legal battles and not updating the “Get Rafa” footballing operation plan.

”Get Jones in” is another easy call - and if Jones wanted it, he would have been boss for Spurs. Either he doesn’t fancy it, or he’s become one of Bruce’s fawning entourage. No one has mentioned Dawson as a caretaker, despite him previously managing the squad though a pre season, but the same applies; there’s no way they didn’t float all internal options.

The new owners have been left in no doubt a change is needed, and if the stories about Mehrdad calling manger agents is true, they’re actively trying to make it happen.

So I guess I’m saying In quite chilled about Bruce leading us to defeat against Palace and Chelsea. I’m also quite chilled about potentially being 10-12 adrift before the window opens - purely because it’s easy to string a couple of wins into huge rises up the table around the relegation zones.

#CabbageHeedOot and all, and it will happen. We’ve waited 14 years, another match or two is insignificant in the bigger scheme of things…

Echo all of this. :thup:

38 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

You dont know this. Its just guessing. 

2 minutes ago, Joe Nelson said:

You dont know this. Its just guessing. 

Sure, it’s inferring from what I’ve seen. He’s been talked as the standby manager since he walked in the door - it isn’t drawing a long bow to suggest someone in the consortium spoke to Jones about it, before Sunday’s game. And yet Jones didn’t manage against Spurs.

”Guessing”, sure. Do you have a better explanation as to why Jones wasn’t installed for Spurs?

3 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

Sure, it’s inferring from what I’ve seen. He’s been talked as the standby manager since he walked in the door - it isn’t drawing a long bow to suggest someone in the consortium spoke to Jones about it, before Sunday’s game. And yet Jones didn’t manage against Spurs.

”Guessing”, sure. Do you have a better explanation as to why Jones wasn’t installed for Spurs?

:thup:

Isn't everyone left guessing why Bruce is still here as well? It is all guess work and there are likely lots of logical reasons he hasn't been removed, more than the negatives thrown out here. It is human nature to hit the panic button and run to the negatives, we have been conditioned to it under Ashley.

We are also all trapped in a glass wall of emotion throughout our fanbase (someone else can gif). Even take away what was the most emotional game since SBR's passing imo, we have come so close to this happening, the euphoria of it actually happening when we were reaching our lowest ebb now the excitement has turned to impatience. It will all come soon people. We have agonized long enough to wait a bit more. We should cherish this wild west moment!

I don't understand why a group of people who have been involved in trying to take over a club for so long seemingly have no idea of the people they want running the football side of things.

I presumed all of these director of football type roles would have been filled instantly

On Bruce, out of curiosity, because we were relatively solid pre COVID in 2019-20 I've just been watching the last game before COVID hit where we beat Southampton away 0-1. Looking at our shape, we were playing a 4-2-3-1; Dubravka, Manquillo, Lascelles, Fernandez, Rose, Hayden, Shelvey, Ritchie, Almiron, Saint-Maximin, Gayle. Players in their correct positions, formation suits the team, and before Southampton's red card we were by far the better side and should've been winning. Beggar's belief on why he seems unable to do the same, with a better pool of players to pick from too.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

23 minutes ago, triggs said:

I don't understand why a group of people who have been involved in trying to take over a club for so long seemingly have no idea of the people they want running the football side of things.

I presumed all of these director of football type roles would have been filled instantly

I doubt they've no idea, but give the uncertainty before it happened, and the changing situations of people they might've wanted, it's not like they could really have people lined up and on standby. They might not have dealt with it great but I don't really get how people have the energy after 14 years of Ashley to get worked up about the new owners already.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

27 minutes ago, triggs said:

Really? I mean, when they were buying the club 18 months ago I suspect there was people sounded out. By all accounts up until the takeover was on I suspect they thought it was a long shot if they ever got the club at all, maybe until CAT and arbitration took place, which may mean takeover January or summer? or not all if we were relegated. It feels straight forward enough to imagine they are now on the back foot sorting out the club structure, the people they had talks with are not available and they have to go back to drawing board. It's a different landscape to 18 months ago, I think we forgive them for not instantly filling certain positions. On top, they ain't football people and the club is hardly setup with right people to help them from what's left behind. It's a real mess.

Don't get me wrong, clock is ticking. We can't afford to go weeks or months like this. Before October is out we need that structure in place and Bruce peddled with, hopefully, a top manager and coach name in. They will need Nov/Dec to un-do Bruce damage and hopefully assess who to bring in to compliment what we have.

I'm only just seen Craig Hope's story about players bust up and wanting manager out. Must have been what Ando7 was referring to 24/48 hours comment. I mean we've heard before about what players think of Bruce, but if it really is fucking carnage and a divided dressing room, then yeah maybe hanging to Bruce longer is an error as it's more damage for next manager to sort out. I mean hanging on to him was never my preference, but I didn't mind the couple of weeks until it's sorted if it's done properly.

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I think, given what we know the idea was Benitez would drive a lot of the footballing side. all the advisors PCP have seem to be extremely close to him which says a lot imo. 

Yeah agreed, I think Rafa was the man for them and of course perfect for us and this club, and it's all tits up now he's happy at Everton. Not exactly tons of managers available of Benitez calibre available that would come here and get it like he did.

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I think, given what we know the idea was Benitez would drive a lot of the footballing side. all the advisors PCP have seem to be extremely close to him which says a lot imo. 

This is a really good point actually. Think the idea was for Rafa to pretty much take charge on setting everything up and bringing in the people he wanted, and with he takeover slowing down considerably and Rafa going elsewhere, once it went through all of a sudden they had to start from scratch with alternate plans perhaps.

27 minutes ago, KaKa said:

This is a really good point actually. Think the idea was for Rafa to pretty much take charge on setting everything up and bringing in the people he wanted, and with he takeover slowing down considerably and Rafa going elsewhere, once it went through all of a sudden they had to start from scratch with alternate plans perhaps.

Looks to me it might have been the complete opposite of what the media were reporting with PIF being totally dormant and the UK side of the consortium carrying on trying to push it through. Looks to me that PIF were the ones keeping it alive (sorting the piracy) and that the UK side had stopped planning and were awaiting to see what happened with the club’s legal cases (not expected to be resolved until next year) and that the breakthrough with the piracy and the growing pressure of the CAT case suddenly saw the Premier League willing to wave it through. Strong possibility that the events of two weeks ago were as much of a surprise to the UK side of the consortium as it was to us. Granted they knew before we did, but I’m maybe only by a couple of days or so.

Edited by et tu brute