Taylor and Ramage.

Guest TheOrder

Guest TheOrder

Take a bow.

Not just local lads doing their best for the club anymore. These lads are good centre halves, and have set the standard for our current defence, and the lads who presumably will be joining us in January/July.

Ramage has been torn to shreds on this board, and quite unfairly in my opinion. He's done his best when played out of position, but when a right footed central-defender is played at left back, you can't really expect a solid performance.

He's been solid in the centre, where his true position is.

As for Taylor, if he keeps this form up. An England call up is on the cards. If duck-egg Dawson can make the squad, Taylor will fucking walz in, on his current form.

Guest Andrew Flintoff

Taylor and Ramage have been superb aye. And it's a big two fingers up to the arseholes who liked to criticise Ramage just because other people were. Hope you are all eating your words now - the brainy ones among us always said that you'd see the true player when he was in his natural position, and there it is. My only hope is that Roeder doesn't shunt one of them back out to the full backs when Moore's back - we need to keep a settled pairing there.

Most solid looking Centre Back partnership we have had for quite a while.

Taylor, Parker & Dyer SHOULD get England call ups but you won't see me in tears if they don't, extra gaes for them to get injured in don't sound all that good to me tbh.

i've always thought that ramage was a solid CB.  Nothing spectacular, but he's been good in the middle, and people wo criticize him really have to stretch to make their arguments work.  But taylor recently has really impressed me.  His problem previously was lack of compsure and poor decision making, and it seems that he's cut those out to a large degree recently.  I watched the spurs game and he was amazing.

Take a bow.

Not just local lads doing their best for the club anymore. These lads are good centre halves, and have set the standard for our current defence, and the lads who presumably will be joining us in January/July.

Ramage has been torn to shreds on this board, and quite unfairly in my opinion. He's done his best when played out of position, but when a right footed central-defender is played at left back, you can't really expect a solid performance.

As for Taylor, if he keeps this form up. An England call up is on the cards. If duck-egg Dawson can make the squad, Taylor will fucking walz in, on his current form.

:thup: :thup: :thup:

Top thread.

Solano deserves praise aswell because he has been superb, Watching the game yesterday and its amazing watching him play because he reads the game so well, Solano and Milner link up well.

I've given Ramage a lot of stick before but i must admit he's doing a great job with Taylor however i still don't believe he's good enough to hold a regular spot here if we're looking for new defenders but aslong as he performs like this he deserves to start, as for the England situation i'd be more inclined to pick Dyer than Parker.

Guest Knightrider

I'd leave them as a partnership and just buy back-up in Jan, let them develop, unless we can buy world-class players for those positions that is, then I say play them together. A top-class partnership is what we need, not top-class individuals which lets be honest Ramage is very unlikely to become. They can be to us what Hyypia and Carragher was/is to Liverpool, not the most gifted individually and lacking various attributes but my, what an excellent partnership. I'd hate to see another wasted money player signed to interupt a promising partnership.

Taylor and Ramage have been superb aye. And it's a big two fingers up to the arseholes who liked to criticise Ramage just because other people were. Hope you are all eating your words now - the brainy ones among us always said that you'd see the true player when he was in his natural position, and there it is. My only hope is that Roeder doesn't shunt one of them back out to the full backs when Moore's back - we need to keep a settled pairing there.

Nail on head!! Very good thread btw as they deserve alot of praise, they have been imense lately, long may it continue they also are geordie's and love the club which is a real bonus. Gutted if this pairing is broken up for any reason!! We need a LB and a possibly a 'Big man' striker now and that should do us till the end of the season.

I think they've benefitted from playing with Nobby to the right of them rather than Carr as well. If we can get in a decent left back we could be looking at a defence that works well as a unit for once, with some stability.

Anyone think Huntington looks potentially a significantly better defender than Ramage? From his very brief appearances, Huntington seems to read any danger alot earlier than Ramage.

Maybe thats our long term partnership. Taylor and Huntington, with Ramage as backup.

Guest TheOrder

Anyone think Huntington looks potentially a significantly better defender than Ramage? From his very brief appearances, Huntington seems to read any danger alot earlier than Ramage.

Maybe thats our long term partnership. Taylor and Huntington, with Ramage as backup.

He's an exciting talent. Seen plenty of Huntington over the past couple of seasons, and I've always been impressed with him. In the academy, he was such a classy defender, and It just seemed easy for him. I remember quite a few games when me and Mosley just raved about him all the way through.

Can't wait until he cements a place in our back four, although he's a centre-back, he's young enough to learn these wider positions, and do well in them.

Both Taylor and Ramage are doing a really good job right now.  The two of them seem to genuinely love each other aswell, always hugging before and after games on-field.

I agree...

I said i think Taylor and Ramage should be given a run in the team back in Octobar before the Charlton match thread.

for me I am a big fan of Steven Taylor and I believe Glen needs to recognises his talents as potentially being a terrific centre half for us and he needs to find a partner for him and build and keep on that partnership till he can get a expericance centre half in January, to play alongside side Taylor I would go for Ramage who I’ve seen twice get 8/10 solid performances as a Centre Back in a clean sheet away wins against West Ham and a Home clean sheet win against Fernabache, I would love to see Ramage and Taylor been given a real chance as a pair.

not sure Roeder would of given Taylor and Ramage a chance tougher if Moore and Bramble had not got both injured at the same time however i am glad he is now recognising the talents of both Taylor and Ramage as a partnership and given it a good run.

the dabate now is either does Roeder go for a big name/expensive partner for Steven Taylor in Janury or does he give this partnership the thumbs up and just buy somebody who could challenge either Taylor or Ramage position say somebody like Curtis Davies and spend the big money on another Striker?

Guest Moe-Ali

Take a bow.

As for Taylor, if he keeps this form up. An England call up is on the cards. If duck-egg Dawson can make the squad, Taylor will f***ing walz in, on his current form.

:thup: :thup: :thup:

Top thread.

Solano deserves praise aswell because he has been superb, Watching the game yesterday and its amazing watching him play because he reads the game so well, Solano and Milner link up well.

Both Taylor and Ramage are doing a really good job right now.  The two of them seem to genuinely love each other aswell, always hugging before and after games on-field.

I agree...

I said i think Taylor and Ramage should be given a run in the team back in Octobar before the Charlton match thread.

for me I am a big fan of Steven Taylor and I believe Glen needs to recognises his talents as potentially being a terrific centre half for us and he needs to find a partner for him and build and keep on that partnership till he can get a expericance centre half in January, to play alongside side Taylor I would go for Ramage who I’ve seen twice get 8/10 solid performances as a Centre Back in a clean sheet away wins against West Ham and a Home clean sheet win against Fernabache, I would love to see Ramage and Taylor been given a real chance as a pair.

not sure Roeder would of given Taylor and Ramage a chance tougher if Moore and Bramble had not got both injured at the same time however i am glad he is now recognising the talents of both Taylor and Ramage as a partnership and given it a good run.

the dabate now is either does Roeder go for a big name/expensive partner for Steven Taylor in Janury or does he give this partnership the thumbs up and just buy somebody who could challenge either Taylor or Ramage position say somebody like Curtis Davies and spend the big money on another Striker?

If Curtis comes in he will come for a lot of money and couldn't be left on the bench for this reason.

He's an exciting talent. Seen plenty of Huntington over the past couple of seasons, and I've always been impressed with him. In the academy, he was such a classy defender, and It just seemed easy for him. I remember quite a few games when me and Mosley just raved about him all the way through.

Can't wait until he cements a place in our back four, although he's a centre-back, he's young enough to learn these wider positions, and do well in them.

Great to hear.

I hate to say this, and I know its totally getting carried away with just a handful of first team appearances - but the way Huntington defends reminds me of Woodgate. He positions himself well, hes very quick in reading the situation, fast into the tackle, doesnt panic, and on top of that is tall and skinny - I remember Woodgate when he first broke into the Leeds first team, and I honestly dont see such a big difference between the two - apart from reputation.

Or maybe im just missing us having a defender of Woodgate's calibre around, so am clutching at straws and anything else that looks remotely like him because I want to see Woody playing for us again.

Guest TheOrder

Great to hear.

I hate to say this, and I know its totally getting carried away with just a handful of first team appearances - but the way Huntington defends reminds me of Woodgate. He positions himself well, hes very quick in reading the situation, fast into the tackle, doesnt panic, and on top of that is tall and skinny - I remember Woodgate when he first broke into the Leeds first team, and I honestly dont see such a big difference between the two - apart from reputation.

Or maybe im just missing us having a defender of Woodgate's calibre around, so am clutching at straws and anything else that looks remotely like him because I want to see Woody playing for us again.

It's funny you said that mate, it was actually said by a group of lads on here at Ewood Park, when he made his debut. No smoke without fire and all that!

I agree...

It would be criminal to see the Taylor - Ramage pairing broken up as anyone who has seen them lately can't possibly fail to be impressed! Hunty looks very promising too and as i understand it we have Moore till the summer too. I would definately sell Shambles (while we can) and start planning a move for another CB, but only as a decent back up.