El Jurásico: WBA v NUFC - 07/03/2021 @ Noon (live on Amazon Prime)

HaydnNUFC

Guess you go something like...

Dubravka

Krafth - Lascelles - Clark - LB

Hayden - Shelvey - Willock

Fraser - Gayle - Beg Jow

God what a hideous team.

To be fair, with Dubravka back in for Darlow and possibly Dummett for Lewis, our defence might stop actively being shite. And Joelinton is better from the left anyway.

Could scrape a lovely 0-0.

West Brom have been looking a bit more solid recently, the allardyce blueprint is starting to slowly work. He did the same at Sunderland, started off getting whacked each week for a couple of months then it clicked. That click started with a 3-0 home win against Newcastle...

Eh? His first game was 17 October, a 1-0 defeat at West Brom. 25 October, his second game, was the derby.

Dubravka

Krath— Lascelles — Fernandez — Dummett

Murphy — Hayden — Willock — Fraser

Joe

Gayle

No chance he’s dropping cue ball from his midfield though.

Missing four best players (even though Bruce doesn’t rate Schar) granted, any side is going to feel effects of that, but drop off in quality shouldn’t be this vast. Players you need to step up, should at least already be coming off benches and affecting games.

Joe, Gayle, Murphy, Krath have shown nothing to prove their PL players. Wouldn’t be starting in any other side in the division, and doubtful even on bench for nearly all.

Players that have shown to be good enough, you can’t expect 10/10 performances from to keep us up. Not their bag at all. When things are going well, and your stars are performing Their solid 7/10 most weeks, bread and butter players that every side needs - Lascelles, Fernandez/Clark, Hayden.

Only player of real quality we have left fit is Dubravka, and by f*** are we going to need him. Bruce’s tactics at the best of times is to hope he gets in the way of everything, and throw him under the bus when he doesn’t.

Dubravka

Joe

Gayle

Missing four best players (even though Bruce doesn’t rate Schar) granted, any side is going to feel effects of that, but drop off in quality shouldn’t be this vast. Players you need to step up, should at least already be coming off benches and affecting games.

Joe, Gayle, Murphy, Krath have shown nothing to prove their PL players. Wouldn’t be starting in any other side in the division, and doubtful even on bench for nearly all.

Players that have shown to be good enough, you can’t expect 10/10 performances from to keep us up. Not their bag at all. When things are going well, and your stars are performing Their solid 7/10 most weeks, bread and butter players that every side needs - Lascelles, Fernandez/Clark, Hayden.

Only player of real quality we have left fit is Dubravka, and by f*** are we going to need him. Bruce’s tactics at the best of times is to hope he gets in the way of everything, and throw him under the bus when he doesn’t.

Really like that lineup.

Could see that actually getting some results, mostly due to the legs in midfield and having Dummet in the back four, as we will need to be stronger defensively with our best attackers out.

It also takes the goal scoring burden off Joelinton, and instead puts pace and running around him, as the one thing he will do well most often is play people in.

The only problem is Bruce will never setup this way. Really like the thinking though :thup:

Dubravka, Schar, Hayden, ASM, Almiron, Wilson, even throw Manquillo in there...

Can’t be many, if any fixtures this season we’ve lined up with all those featuring in starting XI - not least in their actual positions in a Jones visioned 433

We’ve the base of a side that could finish top half, just players like Shelvey, Hendrick, Lewis, Joe drag the side down so much.

Some how stay up, sack of the Steve’s, new contract for Fabian and Fed, £100M if that on quality positions LB, CM, RW - shift some of the dead wood, contracts running out anyway, bring in couple of better options of the bench at RB, ST...

Stuff of dreams  :frantic:

Dubravka

Manquillo — Fernandez/Lascells — Schar — LB

Hayden — CM

RW — Almiron — ASM

Wilson

I know he got stupidly sent off against Sheff Utd but I think Fraser has done pretty well when he has played.

Same. He seems to reliably put the ball into dangerous areas. I’m probably being naive or over optimistic but him getting a run in the first team could ensure we get enough points in the coming weeks.

West Brom have been looking a bit more solid recently, the allardyce blueprint is starting to slowly work. He did the same at Sunderland, started off getting whacked each week for a couple of months then it clicked. That click started with a 3-0 home win against Newcastle...

Eh? His first game was 17 October, a 1-0 defeat at West Brom. 25 October, his second game, was the derby.

Yeah, I've got that wrong :thup:

I thought they went on a shit run when he was first appointed but after a couple of months they get a win and it clicked. I must be confusing it with another stinking derby loss :lol:

I know he got stupidly sent off against Sheff Utd but I think Fraser has done pretty well when he has played.

I've been underwhelmed tbh. But he's usually been brought on late in games along with other attackers where we completely lose any semblance of shape or direction. I think he's been nothing more than average though.

Showing my age a bit but i was at the FA cup game. Jinky Jimmy Smith and Tommy Cassidy having a stormer. Pitch was diabolical. great day out.

Me too!!!  Could hardly speak after we all chanted "Howay the lads" for the entire second half!!  As you say a great day out and we managed to drive back to Newcastle in time for last orders!!!

This isn't even about the players, even with the injuries we can put out a better team man for man. It will be down to the managers. Fat Sam will be relishing taking on Bruce and will sense blood. Bruce will be leading his team into the valley of darkness, by the time the game kicks off they'll be convinced they're up against Real Madrid.

Dubravka

Joe

Gayle

Really like that lineup.

Could see that actually getting some results, mostly due to the legs in midfield and having Dummet in the back four, as we will need to be stronger defensively with our best attackers out.

It also takes the goal scoring burden off Joelinton, and instead puts pace and running around him, as the one thing he will do well most often is play people in.

The only problem is Bruce will never setup this way. Really like the thinking though :thup:

I put this into the relegationometer thread, albeit with the possibility of Carroll and Gayle uptop.

It's basically direct wing play with legs in the middle to support attack and defence as needed. Basically how I set up every game in Pro Evo / Fifa!

It's basic, it's rustic - it's actually quite early days Premier League standard but it's our best hope of overrunning West Brom and Brighton in particular. Murphy can deliver a ball and Fraser is pretty good as well. Carroll and Gayle aren't bad in the air and the key is to have people in and around them to pick up any loose balls or keeper fumbles

We need to somehow make the most of our best deliverer and our best finisher. So that's Fraser and Gayle.

Krafth - Lascelles - Clark - Dummett

-------------- Hayden - Shelvey

------- Joe ------ Willock ----- Fraser

----------------------- Gayle

That's the team right there!  However I sincerely hope Beg Joe is nowhere to be seen.

Dubravka

Joe

Gayle

Really like that lineup.

I put this into the relegationometer thread, albeit with the possibility of Carroll and Gayle uptop.

It's basically direct wing play with legs in the middle to support attack and defence as needed. Basically how I set up every game in Pro Evo / Fifa!

It's basic, it's rustic - it's actually quite early days Premier League standard but it's our best hope of overrunning West Brom and Brighton in particular. Murphy can deliver a ball and Fraser is pretty good as well. Carroll and Gayle aren't bad in the air and the key is to have people in and around them to pick up any loose balls or keeper fumbles

:thup: