Valheim

Mike

My Steam "Now playing" page tells me we've def got enough for a thread. :lol:

Fuck them blue trolls.

I'm getting absolutely fucking wrecked by those skeletons in the tombs, and this fucking game is hilariously strict about structural integrity.

This game is great, I'm 75 hours in so far, the server I'm on we're about to do the third boss. So satisfying once you get better gear to go back to the first two areas and just ruin everything.

For the skeletons, get a shield and a mace. Block them, and wack them. Also make sure you're doing them when rested as you get a XP bonus along with the stamina/health regen buffs.

What level of weapons are you using? Still on flint?

:lol: I have a flint spear and a tower shield made of wood. Rickety wooden bow with some sad fire arrows. First boss inexplicably down. Will unlock smelting next time I play.

Story about my escapades the other night. Spoilered as it mentions further biomes and enemies people may not have come across yet.

Playing on a server with a load of mates at the moment.

The other day I was sailing along on a little solo mission trying to map out as much of the coast as possible and see where the other biomes started. It had taken me at least an hour but I was on my way back to base when the combination of night-time and fog caused me to crash into the land and beach the boat ever so slightly. It was a swamp and due to the fact I'd just been sailing round I'd not been eating anything so the second I hopped out the boat a leach takes a chunk out my leg and kills me.

So I spawned back in and jumped in the spare boat with a mate who said he'd come along and protect me while I got my kit back and we could each take a boat back home. I didn't want to do the hour+ trip the long way round I'd previously mapped out so we decided to go the shorter but undiscovered route. That turned out to be a bad decision as we tried to take a shortcut and got caught on a tiny bit of Plains. As we got out to try and push the boat through to the open water, a Fulling rocks up and bitch slaps my mate. 1 shot killed him. I managed to kite the Fulling round for long enough to pick up my mate's kit and then deconstruct the boat and rebuild it on the other side of the bit of sand we got stuck on then get going again.

I was within a hundred yards of where I died when a fucking sea serpent comes out of nowhere and starts fucking my boat up so I B-line it for the land hoping he'll fuck off. He does fuck off but while he's leaving I get accosted by about 3 of every type of enemy in the swamp, all at the same time. Eventually they kill me so now that's 2 boats lost as well as all my kit and all my mates.

We were determined to get it back though. After my mate had died he got to work making another boat and moving it to a place that would be a much quicker route to our bodies. So as I spawn in I leg it through some black forest, jump in the water with 4 Greydwarves in tow and swim out to meet him as he sails past. Obviously I miss the ladder and die in the water.

After doing the naked forest run again I finally get to him and get on the boat this time. We make it down to my original corpse and in one smooth manoeuvre manage to pick up my kit and get the other boat moving without anything getting near us. It's looking good. We move on to the second death site and park up. Immediately swarmed by every creature in the fucking swamp and both of us die. So now in that one place there's 3 boats, 2 full sets of kit (+1 set of intermediate kit my mate had taken with him).

We decided to call it a day there and wait till there was a few more people online to help us out. 

Later that night we set out on a 6 man raid to get it all back. We had a plan to form a beachhead, we were all tooled up and stocked with food and health meads. Fuck all happens as we land. Nowt comes to get us like previously. We all picked up whatever we could carry and hop back in the boats and convoy them all back to main base.

This game is fucking class. I love it  :lol:

I always thought the slash damage was good against the skellys tbh.

Spears absolutely not :lol:

If the text is yellow that the best weapon for that creature. I've found the spear to be pretty decent, only issue is the stamina drain on it is huge vs other weapons and that it only hits one enemy pre swing, axe/sword/mace hit anything in the arc.

Story about my escapades the other night. Spoilered as it mentions further biomes and enemies people may not have come across yet.

Playing on a server with a load of mates at the moment.

The other day I was sailing along on a little solo mission trying to map out as much of the coast as possible and see where the other biomes started. It had taken me at least an hour but I was on my way back to base when the combination of night-time and fog caused me to crash into the land and beach the boat ever so slightly. It was a swamp and due to the fact I'd just been sailing round I'd not been eating anything so the second I hopped out the boat a leach takes a chunk out my leg and kills me.

So I spawned back in and jumped in the spare boat with a mate who said he'd come along and protect me while I got my kit back and we could each take a boat back home. I didn't want to do the hour+ trip the long way round I'd previously mapped out so we decided to go the shorter but undiscovered route. That turned out to be a bad decision as we tried to take a shortcut and got caught on a tiny bit of Plains. As we got out to try and push the boat through to the open water, a Fulling rocks up and bitch slaps my mate. 1 shot killed him. I managed to kite the Fulling round for long enough to pick up my mate's kit and then deconstruct the boat and rebuild it on the other side of the bit of sand we got stuck on then get going again.

I was within a hundred yards of where I died when a fucking sea serpent comes out of nowhere and starts fucking my boat up so I B-line it for the land hoping he'll fuck off. He does fuck off but while he's leaving I get accosted by about 3 of every type of enemy in the swamp, all at the same time. Eventually they kill me so now that's 2 boats lost as well as all my kit and all my mates.

We were determined to get it back though. After my mate had died he got to work making another boat and moving it to a place that would be a much quicker route to our bodies. So as I spawn in I leg it through some black forest, jump in the water with 4 Greydwarves in tow and swim out to meet him as he sails past. Obviously I miss the ladder and die in the water.

After doing the naked forest run again I finally get to him and get on the boat this time. We make it down to my original corpse and in one smooth manoeuvre manage to pick up my kit and get the other boat moving without anything getting near us. It's looking good. We move on to the second death site and park up. Immediately swarmed by every creature in the fucking swamp and both of us die. So now in that one place there's 3 boats, 2 full sets of kit (+1 set of intermediate kit my mate had taken with him).

We decided to call it a day there and wait till there was a few more people online to help us out. 

Later that night we set out on a 6 man raid to get it all back. We had a plan to form a beachhead, we were all tooled up and stocked with food and health meads. Fuck all happens as we land. Nowt comes to get us like previously. We all picked up whatever we could carry and hop back in the boats and convoy them all back to main base.

This game is fucking class. I love it  :lol:

The mosquitos are the absolute worst. I've got a black iron shield at the moment and it helps massively against the Fulings.

I always thought the slash damage was good against the skellys tbh.

Spears absolutely not :lol:

If the text is yellow that the best weapon for that creature. I've found the spear to be pretty decent, only issue is the stamina drain on it is huge vs other weapons and that it only hits one enemy pre swing, axe/sword/mace hit anything in the arc.

I guess we're just OP compared to the skellys now tbh.

Only thing giving us grief is the 1 star Fulings (and above) and mosquitos. Got to be careful pulling groups of them.

There's more than one. ;) Just make sure that you find a big enough one.

I'm ready to

fight Moder/Mother in the mountains. Had to climb the highest point on the map to find her... now I only have to haul three heavyass (200 weight) dragon eggs there to summon her.

First "swamp" I found I got pisiom by leeches and died. Build s big base next to it only to find out it was made up on a few trees and some islands. Thankfully was a bigger one not too far away.

Still looking for the trader, explored about half the map and still haven't found him

First "swamp" I found I got pisiom by leeches and died. Build s big base next to it only to find out it was made up on a few trees and some islands. Thankfully was a bigger one not too far away.

Still looking for the trader, explored about half the map and still haven't found him

Took us ages, he only spawns within a certain radius, but seems to spawn at the edge of it.

The Swamp is fucking real. This is the legit start of the game, isn't it. Got Damn.

:lol: Yup

Was tempted to reply to your post about being the shit because you had a sword and shield and could fuck up Greydwarves but I decided it was better to not warn you about the wall you were about to run into.

The Swamp is fucking real. This is the legit start of the game, isn't it. Got Damn.

:lol: Yup

Was tempted to reply to your post about being the shit because you had a sword and shield and could fuck up Greydwarves but I decided it was better to not warn you about the wall you were about to run into.

:lol: I'm just moving my grave forward fifty feet at a time.

I didn't get that mention notification for some reason, but I found it anyway :lol:

If it comes out on PS4, I'll get it when it's £12 :shifty:

:lol: Don't. You would hate every second of it, unfortunately.