Elden Ring

Cf

It was, but it was ten years ago

You nailed it with the jump. There's no need to jump in these games, it adds absolutely nothing, and it's just indicative of them Doing It Wrong imo :lol: Relegating it to a thumbstick click or double tap was right; I still resent that forced jump in Sen's to get to the merchant in the tower :lol:

Ocarina of Time, which pointed the way in so many respects, did it better than anything else by just making you jump when you got to an edge.

Edited by OpenC

Agree with C that it won't be the same if the jump button isn't needlessly convoluted like in the other games like. Don't insult me with a simple tap of B, I want to have to hold L1 while simultaneously pressing B, X and double tapping left dpad, while running. 

• 2 weeks later...

That 15 minutes of Elden Ring is pretty underwhelming. Hardly a single original idea in it. I'll play it and enjoy it but it looks like a complete rerun of every other souls game with a bit of open world. They really need some new designers and fresh ideas to shake things up. Fucking catacombs again :lol:

3 minutes ago, OpenC said:

You know there's going to be a poisonous swamp where the framerate takes a hit somewhere.  Are they still using the same door opening animation?

Yes [emoji38]

Better be 60FPS come to think of it. None of this 30FPS trash that almost made Bloodborne unplayable.

Speaking of Bloodborne heard rumours there's a sequel in the works. Yes please.

6 hours ago, Cf said:

Better be 60FPS come to think of it. None of this 30FPS trash that almost made Bloodborne unplayable.

Speaking of Bloodborne heard rumours there's a sequel in the works. Yes please.

It will be 60 with drops on next gen consoles, you’re never gonna get technical perfection with fromsoft. 

Im quite enjoying seeing the bosses and remembering who they were in older games lol. Feels like a culmination of everything they’ve done so far, like Monster Hunter does. 

5 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

It will be 60 with drops on next gen consoles, you’re never gonna get technical perfection with fromsoft. 

Im quite enjoying seeing the bosses and remembering who they were in older games lol. Feels like a culmination of everything they’ve done so far, like Monster Hunter does. 

:thup: just hope it doesn't end up being their Phantom Pain. 

The combat, gameplay additions, enemies, bosses, art direction and atmosphere all look top notch from what I've seen, but the open world could really kill it for me if it feels too empty or if it comes at the expense of the super tight level design from previous games.