Elden Ring

Cf

19 hours ago, HUGZ said:

been proper belly laughing watching DrDisrepect attempt to play this :lol: he's had the exact same experience as me.

This man one shot Godric. 

Merrily waltzing around the starting map and the one to the south. All laughs and dreams, farming as I like. Then I ventured East. :yao:

got this no idea what the hell the plot is beyond go kill some dudes (making assumptions there but it is a fromsoft game), so far got killed by some multi armed abomination within 5 minutes, went through tutorial dungeon got out killed by a boss just standing in the open which is just not nice got to a castle gate got killed by a giant so wandered around ran into some dude looking to clear out a fort and did (I'm loving these wolves already) that handily enough. Really appreciate the flask refill on killing a mob

One thing that amuses me is the pressure plates on lifts. You don't actually have to step on them. Jumping over triggers them too. 

Just found Castle Morne. Feel like I should have been here ages ago. 

Slight spoilers I guess:

Spoiler

Was I supposed to do something at Castle Morne. I beat the boss and got a sword. And found the commander at the top and delivered the letter. 

All this feels super optional. Only reason I ask is it has a light path to it. 

Was of zero value as far as I could tell, unless the girl that gave the letter is important

In other news, I tell you what chaps you've got some fucking horror ahead of you :lol: I don't think I'll even bother turning this back on. Demon of Hatred? Pffft

Can only hope I've strayed into an area I'm way underlevelled for

Edited by OpenC

5 hours ago, Smal said:

I am a little bit lost as to where I’m supposed to go after beating Godrick??

I feel better for reading this post

That knight in the room in Stormveil does have a drop if you can kill him. Same with another one a but further on. Shamefully this is where I decided shields might be useful after all. 

I did just ignore the ones that came after though. 

Not sure why people are getting lost after Stormveil? From Godricks bonfire go out the back of the castle. There's a bonfire outside. Follow the light. 

I feel like following the light just isn't enough to be going on tbf :lol: I've seen a few posts on Reddit to this effect (specifically wrt second area) as well

I personally am following rockpapershotgun, pushsquare and ign instead of the light :shifty:

Edited by OpenC

One thing to do as well after Godrick is go back to the round table. Various things open up there to expand the story. There's a guy who gives you background on the rest of the bosses and where you'll find them. 

I think it's about the same; the difference is that in the other games you were pretty much guaranteed to find where you needed to be eventually so it didn't really matter how much it did or didn't tell you :)

Ok so got to the bottom of why my max HP was let than what the level up screen thought it should be. Turns out if you accept a hug from the hug lady you get a 5% HP debuff applied until you use the item she gives you. So if like me you prioritise extra HP over a poise boosting item I'll probably never use then use that item up.