Elden Ring

Cf

Corrupted files. Verified and now in. Course I'm not stuck on what class. I'm guessing astronomy is going to be magic so like you said I've gone for that and whatever thing boosts my hp. 

Magic isn't good for a beginner is it? You don't get spells til late, and when you do need to use melee you're weak at it and not well practiced. Plus magic is boring. 

Hero or Samurai for my money. Samurai gets you a bow for long range. 

Magic got me through the first Dark Souls and people using it here seem to be having a better time of it than most of the melee types tbh

On farming, I still haven't found a better spot than this 5k in a minute right at the start using The Hanz Method. Makes the loss of thousands of souls pretty trivial tbh

I went samurai after not being able to generate any magic. So maybe another time.

Should I use smithing stones on my katana or save them for a better weapon? Also how do I keep my coin things from battle? Is that how I level up? Where do I commit it? 

4 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I went samurai after not being able to generate any magic. So maybe another time.

Should I use smithing stones on my katana or save them for a better weapon? Also how do I keep my coin things from battle? Is that how I level up? Where do I commit it? 

Your starting katana is well worth upgrading. When you're a bit stronger there's a circle on your map behind the starting area where you can get another sword that uses a different upgrade material. This is what I'm using (I started as samurai). 

You can use your runes to level up. I believe Melina shows up at your third site of grace in the overworld. She lets you level up. Focus on levelling up vigor a bit to start. If you find the sword I mentioned above it has stat reqs in str and dex so you'll want to focus on those too. 

To get the map you'll see a small tower on your blank map. Go there. 

Edited by Cf

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Get to a grace point by a gatehouse/enemy camp and rest there to start levelling up. It’s not far from the start. And yeah, you use runes to level up and/buy stuff.

Rykard down so that's three; gimmick boss but tougher than From's usual and much tougher than i was expecting, though I think I'm underlevelled.  Still at the gates of the fourth but I'm getting nowhere with him. Also appears to be a gimmick :anguish:

Aye cheers. She’s arrived and I can level up. I guess I can’t just go take on the bit monster in the gatehouse. Please tell me that’s some a you come back to a few hours in. The knights throwing shit at me was enough, then that big bastard dropped.

also I’m shit scared of anything that moves. Bloody goblins in a cave, one hidden right in the corner, everything moves like usain bolt on a truckload of roids. [emoji38]

Stormviel castle was fun. Just sitting outside the mist for the boss and leveling up with a giant/troll that cant get past the door and just stares at me while i hit him with magic. :) 

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Aye cheers. She’s arrived and I can level up. I guess I can’t just go take on the bit monster in the gatehouse. Please tell me that’s some a you come back to a few hours in. The knights throwing shit at me was enough, then that big bastard dropped.

also I’m shit scared of anything that moves. Bloody goblins in a cave, one hidden right in the corner, everything moves like usain bolt on a truckload of roids. [emoji38]

You can head through the gate towards the castle but you're better off going for an explore instead. 

As you go through the gate the troll that jumps down at you is beatable. If you kite him back towards the site of grace you can take him on 1v1. Good practice for dodge rolling. Get behind him and whack him in the legs. 

15 hours ago, Troll said:

Best soul farming spot I've found is between Dragonbarrow Fork and the boss at the minor Erdtree.  Takes me 3 minutes to clear all the enemies, and gets me 14000 souls each time.

Edit:  Just timed it and counted the exact number of souls to make sure I wasn't exaggerating - it takes me 2:57 to clear them all and I get 15,862 souls.  I've gained so many levels here.

Literally a three minute video.  Keep an eye on the runes in the bottom right.

Any of you done that tower in Lurnia with the mage in it? God that was horrible. Found a way to make it easy on my third attempt at least but as a set piece I thought it was pretty good.

1 hour ago, Troll said:

Fuck Radahn.

This.  I think he's my last one, unless I can just go straight into the capital without beating the other four first.  It's a shit instakill gimmick battle

He's actually quite easy if you can get to him.  I found it's easier to dodge his magic arrow by rolling, but easier to dodge the storm of arrows on your horse.

Edited by Troll

He is not so easy with a sword :lol: Appears to be..

..based only on continually summoning people and not getting twatted while you're looking for their signs

What level you at troll?  I just passed 60, feels distinctly like I should be higher for him and the one I did yesterday