Cricket 2.0

Apologies if I missed it but it is full houses across the board at t’cricket going forward? Got tickets for the first day v India at Headingley next month. 

5 minutes ago, Disco said:

Apologies if I missed it but it is full houses across the board at t’cricket going forward? Got tickets for the first day v India at Headingley next month. 

I'm pretty sure its full stadiums across the board for all sport. 

Got tickets for the 5th day at Headingley. Bank holiday Sunday like, so if it doesn't happen we're just going to go out on the piss all day in Leeds instead.

Can’t get excited about it in the least. Why has it come about? As a reaction against the success of the IPL? I’m pretty traditional with cricket, I love tests first and foremost, then ODIs and T20s are a distant second place. I just can’t see what the Hundred is going to bring that’s going to add to what’s already there. Asking a fast bowler to do ten ball overs is going to be interesting, the whole thing just feels desperate to me 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Can’t get excited about it in the least. Why has it come about? As a reaction against the success of the IPL? I’m pretty traditional with cricket, I love tests first and foremost, then ODIs and T20s are a distant second place. I just can’t see what the Hundred is going to bring that’s going to add to what’s already there. Asking a fast bowler to do ten ball overs is going to be interesting, the whole thing just feels desperate to me 

Generally agree with this.

You've fallen into the same trap as myself with the 10 ball over.  It's only the last over that's 10 balls. :facepalm:

Ah really, did that change part way through the plans? I’m sure when I first read about it, it was meant for the whole thing but maybe I’ve always misunderstood it. I haven’t really paid much attention to it as I much prefer the longer format of the game 

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Ah really, did that change part way through the plans? I’m sure when I first read about it, it was meant for the whole thing but maybe I’ve always misunderstood it. I haven’t really paid much attention to it as I much prefer the longer format of the game 

Actually you're right it's 10 balls on over.  But bowlers can change every 5 or 10 balls :pokerface:

Edited by neesy111

Went to the match yesterday at Old Trafford. Great finish and atmosphere brilliant. So good to see big crowds at sport again and the Pakistan fans really play their part also (little time for those vuvuzelas though I have to say…). 

Pretty indifferent to the Hundred really. As long as it doesn’t adversely affect the other great domestic tournaments then I’m all for it, but not too excited overall. Saying that I got tickets to the eliminator and finals days so maybe I’ll be really impressed. Devastated about the lack of Sweet Caroline though. Big mistake. 

I'm actually quite looking forward to the hundred to be honest. Got ticket to Cardiff next Saturday, and think it could be quite entertaining. Also this the T20 blast is nothing compared to the IPL, PSL, and Big Bash, so this could at the very least allow England to compete with it.

Why the hell are the colours backwards on this Hundred coverage? The batting team's numbers are all in the colour of the fielding side. So much for appealing to the non-cricket fans.

2 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Why the hell are the colours backwards on this Hundred coverage? The batting team's numbers are all in the colour of the fielding side. So much for appealing to the non-cricket fans.

I was just about to post something similar! I was a wee bit confused by the graphics, took me a moment or two to figure out what's what. Call me a grumpy old man but why can't they use the same system that's been in use for 150 years? Fair enough don't include overs because they're "old fashioned" but don't piss about with the basics. 

Also, what's the significance about the 'Originals' in the Manchester name? Was the first cricket club in the city or something like that? Originals in any context always reminds me of The New Originals from Spinal Tap. 

I mean, that form of scoring notation requires explanation to someone who knows nothing about the game. If this is supposed to be simple af, then it doesn't work.

As far as the colours on the overlay go.. is it just that green and pink are the official HUNDRED colours, and it just so happens that one of the teams is wearing a similar green?

Most importantly, KP Snacks has made a huge mistake not using the following brands on one of the shirts:

• Choc Dips
  • Frisps
  • Discos
  • Roysters
  • Space Raiders

I propose the league is immediately expanded to cover these tasty snacks. I would happily lose the generic KP sponsor and Tyrells, but we're going to need at least 3 more teams.