Cricket 2.0

Well I’ve quite enjoyed it :p

Not a huge fan of t20 as I’m an old fart who sees the test game as being the pinnacle and all other forms should be to supplement it.

But it’s actually been quite fun and anything that gets young kids to even look at the game is a positive for me.

Agree re scoring looking a bit confusing, but that’s probably as we are used to the classic display of scores.

Be interesting to see the men’s match tomorrow.

One thing I think is great btw, is that a lot of the games have the Womens and Mens back to back, and they sell the tickets together, great way to get people into the Womens game.

Didn’t see all of it but quite liked it tbh. Similar enough to T20 for it to not be a completely different game and I think some fans are just scared their preferred formats are being eroded. 

If this is the future and test cricket/ODIs are being steadily scrapped I’d be fuming but that seems hypothetical right now. 

Every sport will have commercial tournaments where non-followers will get into them also. We’ve just had the Euros and got the Olympics soon after all. It’s great for the women’s game also. 

As a casual sports watcher that knows little about cricket I don’t get the point. Why is this better than 20/20? The country has a 20/20 tournament, why has that not been enough of a success? Why not put some of that on the BBC to increase interest?

26 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Does the strike not rotate in this when there's a bowling change? 

Change ends every 10 balls I believe. Bowlers can bowl 5 or 10 each in one go and 20 in total. 

Think it’s decent tbh. Not a whole lot different to T20 and not like all formats must be the same. It’s not like longer limited overs or first class matches are always exactly the same length. 

Good to have it on TV and new fans also. 

3 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

Think it’s decent tbh. Not a whole lot different to T20 and not like all formats must be the same. It’s not like longer limited overs or first class matches are always exactly the same length. 

Good to have it on TV and new fans also. 

Pretty much where I am at with it :thup: