Brighton vs Newcastle United - 20/03/21@2000 - Live on Sky

Aye, Bruce will be looking for a point and will probably get it the fucking coward. Refuses to go for games without ASM, Wilson and Almiron it seems. 0-0. Shame as a win would put us 5 clear with a game in hand and will probably be the springboard to seeing us safe. Ugh.

I can see an ultra defensive team tonight , AC and Hendricks in the team and Bruce telling them 0-0 is the aim.

Everyone of us knows this will be his thinking , Miggy on bench , we hardly lay a glove on them, concede late and then go for it in the last 10 mins .

I’m no genius but this is pretty much how we will be set up, a draw , 100% .

I can see an ultra defensive team tonight , AC and Hendricks in the team and Bruce telling them 0-0 is the aim.

Everyone of us knows this will be his thinking , Miggy on bench , we hardly lay a glove on them, concede late and then go for it in the last 10 mins .

No shit. Good that you acknowledge it.

Are shit midfielders more plural than previous? RIP Gary Speeds

The word on the street is that Krath hasn’t travelled so we’re at an advantage already. The bad news is that after last nights result Bruce will be looking to shoe horn in as many defensive players as possible in the line up.

If we had a decent manager I’d actually think matching Brighton’s 5 at the back tonight would be a sensible option. But that would involve dropping Shelvey, picking 3 forwards and Willock, which is far beyond this clueless cunt. Though Lampty is out it’s very important we don’t get exposed by their 3 forwards with Lallana picking us apart.

The out cry if he goes to 5 at the back will be loud in light of last nights result, but we’d be wise to remember the home game against these. If we match them up it prevents the risk of Potter outdoing us tactically, providing he picks the right players for once.

No s***. Good that you acknowledge it.

Are s*** midfielders more plural than previous? RIP Gary Speeds

:badyao:

Chron:

Defeat at Brighton may be unthinkable for Newcastle supporters but for Steve Bruce, it could yet prove survivable.

Canny thinkable to me like.

If he survived a defeat here I would start to believe there is a clause where he can be sacked with less compensation in the bottom 3.

Oh well, Fulhams loss tonight means this is another match that we don't have to win now.

Bruce can set us up nice and negative to try and secure that much needed point.

I think it would be a disaster to go defensive against Brighton, that will play right into their hands like it did earlier this season. Jones more attacking formation will be much more effective against them. They don't score many goals so even if we get hit on the counter, they might well miss the chances. Going defensive would make absolutely no sense whatsoever in this game.

Oh well, Fulhams loss tonight means this is another match that we don't have to win now.

Bruce can set us up nice and negative to try and secure that much needed point.

I think it would be a disaster to go defensive against Brighton, that will play right into their hands like it did earlier this season. Jones more attacking formation will be much more effective against them. They don't score many goals so even if we get hit on the counter, they might well miss the chances. Going defensive would make absolutely no sense whatsoever in this game.

For all they beat Southampton they seemed to struggle with their high press in large parts of the game. I think we’ve got a chance if we set up the same as we did v Southampton and Everton.

0-0 written all over this.

With the players available I just can’t see anything but a comfortable Brighton win. The only hope we have is if Brighton continue their struggle to put the ball in the net and Bruce has one of his fluke wins, as there is no chance he will set the team out to win the game.

Bruce will set us up to get a point and we'll end up getting beat

I know that's his natural fear drenched instinct, but after seeing what happened in our home game against them, he'd have to be absolutely no idea at all if he thinks letting them enjoy leisurely possession is the way to go. We need to put out an aggressive team putting them under pressure. Neither side can score goals, so the best bet is to play in their half.

0-0 written all over this.

The sad thing is, a draw will be spun as 'three ahead of Fulham, game in hand, our three best players are about to return, good job'

What's sadder is some fans would lap that up.