Sarah Everard and The Metropolitan Police

kingkerouac

On 21/01/2022 at 16:41, Ed210 said:

if the person who was on the ground was about to pick up a knife? A firearm? Detonate an explosive device? Pretty easy to argue I think. 

Other than the final one, as a terrorist attack is an extremely unique event, you’d struggle with the first two.

If you’ve got the ability to strike them, you’d be asked why you didn’t kick the knife or gun out of their hand, or kick their arm, or kick the weapon out of their reach if they’ve not yet grabbed it… rather than immediately deciding to boot them in the head.

I won’t go round the houses with this again :lol: Because we discussed it to death with the Dalian case. But it’s definitely not “pretty easy” to argue.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

Seems that Levi Bellfield has confessed to the Chillenden murders of Lin and Megan Russell in 1996. There was a documentary on BBC a few years ago that made it obvious that the conviction of Michael Stone (who is still in prison) was a total joke.

8 hours ago, Wullie said:

Seems that Levi Bellfield has confessed to the Chillenden murders of Lin and Megan Russell in 1996. There was a documentary on BBC a few years ago that made it obvious that the conviction of Michael Stone (who is still in prison) was a total joke.

Apparently he could have done more as well, obviously a total lunatic, but how can they punish him more 

18 minutes ago, Ben said:

Apparently he could have done more as well, obviously a total lunatic, but how can they punish him more 

It doesn't all have to be about punishment. One of the reasons we are as fucked as we are as a country is our penal system is punishment heavy over rehabilitation and even more so trying to work out why these things happen to start with. This bloke is off the streets and wont be let out, that should be good enough. Now lets find out what led him to do what he did and that may be part of his debt repayment as it may lead to the next one not happening.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Responded in a separate thread but this, as well as other police stories from the last few years, surely highlights that there are enormous issues with the force. I know that a rapist could do any job but there need to be the strictest possible mechanisms in place to identify anyone who is a risk to others in the force, both at pre-employment but all through someone’s employment. I don’t believe for a single second that no one in the force was aware of him being a predator. No chance whatsoever 

7 hours ago, gbandit said:

Responded in a separate thread but this, as well as other police stories from the last few years, surely highlights that there are enormous issues with the force. I know that a rapist could do any job but there need to be the strictest possible mechanisms in place to identify anyone who is a risk to others in the force, both at pre-employment but all through someone’s employment. I don’t believe for a single second that no one in the force was aware of him being a predator. No chance whatsoever 

Any person who actively seeks out gaining a position of authority over their fellow man is exactly the type of person it should not be given to. 

• 2 weeks later...