Sarah Everard and The Metropolitan Police

kingkerouac

I’ve lived in Brixton since last summer and sometimes walk down the road she went missing on. Also grew up in Kent not far from the places involved in the searches and arrest. Definitely has more of an impact. Can definitely see how it’s impacted the local mood when I’ve been about.

Guest chicken little

if i press the 'delete my account' button will one of the moderators actually do something about it this time?

Metropolitan Police let hundreds of officers accused of sex attacks escape sanction, figures reveal

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/sexual-assault-harassment-metropolitan-police-metoo-london-a8845811.html

I think the interesting thing about this is that although you might initially dismiss it as people being arrested and making mallicious allegations of sexual assault out of spite, about half of the allegations were from other police officers, not suspects.

Maybe they could put plain clothes officers in police stations as well as anywhere young people might be trying to have a good time.

This proposal by the government really is one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard.

Maybe they could put plain clothes officers in police stations as well as anywhere young people might be trying to have a good time.

This proposal by the government really is one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard.

Absolutely bezerk. Clearly something they'd wanted to shoehorn in and were just waiting for an excuse to do so.

Absolutely bezerk. Clearly something they'd wanted to shoehorn in and were just waiting for an excuse to do so.

"rather than 'plain clothes' can we call them 'secret police"

"Oh gosh Pritti huh, as as as Archimedes once said Eureka!"