Sarah Everard and The Metropolitan Police

kingkerouac

1 hour ago, kingkerouac said:

I can imagine if Neesy lived in 30s Germany, knocking on Jewish shops with smashed windows and saying 'Oh, I suppose you're going to blame it on the brownshirts, eh?

Christ ūüėĮ

1 hour ago, Wullie said:

Guilty plea to murder.

Back to the terrible topic at hand...Good news for her family, at least it saves them going through a prolonged court case listening to all the details.

• 2 months later...

15 serving Police officers have murdered women in the last 12 years.

It's time they had a good look at the vetting procedures, I mean most police seem a bit socially 'strange' to begin with - I suppose it comes with the job - but that statistic is appalling.

7 hours ago, kingkerouac said:

It's time they had a good look at the vetting procedures, I mean most police seem a bit socially 'strange' to begin with - I suppose it comes with the job - but that statistic is appalling.

What do you think they should do? Start asking, 'are you the sort of person who's going to murder a woman' on the interview?

Damn straight. 'thanks for your application but unfortunately your propensity for murdering women is not what the service is looking for at this time. We wish you luck with future applications'. I can't believe they don't already do this tbh

7 hours ago, kingkerouac said:

where does that number come from? 

1 minute ago, OpenC said:

Damn straight. 'thanks for your application but unfortunately your propensity for murdering women is not what the service is looking for at this time. We wish you luck with future applications'. I can't believe they don't already do this tbh

They could keep an eye on them afterwards as well if that were on the form. Two birds with one stone.

2 minutes ago, ED209 said:

where does that number come from? 

Was in The Times in the last few days, I think. I didn't read the story though, just saw the headline.

Edited by OpenC

The guardian says -

‚ÄúThe census data, which included Couzens, showed 10 murders by police officers, former police officers and a former special constable since 2009.‚ÄĚ

‚ÄĚformer‚ÄĚ could include people long since retired, who have left or who have been sacked for other things.¬†

Times story, the bit before the paywall, seemed to indicate that a lot of them are DV or financially motivated which you really, literally, just can't legislate for.

There are no easy jobs in the criminal justice system. I get so fucking fed up of baseless pops at the people who do it. This is obviously a terrible case and the bloke would deserve the whole life tariff which is no doubt being considered (not sure if the guilty plea puts that out of bounds, wullie and sgtf will know better I guess) but it's just fucking madness to start throwing shit at the police en masse because he was one and horrifically abused his position.

Edited by OpenC

1 minute ago, OpenC said:

Times story, the bit before the paywall, seemed to indicate that a lot of them are DV or financially motivated which you really, literally, just can't legislate for.

There are no easy jobs in the Criminal Justice System. I get so fucking fed up of baseless pops at the people who do it. This is obviously a terrible case and the bloke would deserve the whole life tariff which is no doubt being considered (not sure if the guilty plea puts that out of bounds, wullie and sgtf will know better I guess) but it's just fucking madness to start throwing shit at the police en masse because he was one and horrifically abused his position.

yes. Throw away the key for him. For the media to suggest there’s loads of killers in the police, more than in general society is rubbish. 

People from all walks of life murder people, sometimes because they are sadistic killlers, sometimes because they just snap. 

4 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

A whole life tariff seems very unlikely, theoretically possible but really this isn’t one of the most serious (of the most serious) types of cases to merit it. 

the abuse of trust and and authority must aggravate things.