As much as I support the women who are rightly protesting against male violence, the incredulity displayed regarding the subsequent police reaction is ridiculous.

They're Police, that's what they do, they shove, push and knock over. Just like they do to football fans, BLM marchers, miners and the Extinction Rebellion lot.

I was surprised that some commentators seems to be claiming that the Police should treat them differently.

What possible reason could there be for predominantly white, middle-class women to expect they would be treated differently?

As much as I support the women who are rightly protesting against male violence, the incredulity displayed regarding the subsequent police reaction is ridiculous.

They're Police, that's what they do, they shove, push and knock over. Just like they do to football fans, BLM marchers, miners and the Extinction Rebellion lot.

I was surprised that some commentators seems to be claiming that the Police should treat them differently.

What possible reason could there be for predominantly white, middle-class women to expect they would be treated differently?

Hoy it on FB mate.

Whoever was right or wrong, having male policemen pin down women during a vigil by groups campaigning against male violence is pretty much a textbook own goal.

Like the Rangers celebrations, sometimes pragmatism is the wisest course of action

Do like they did with Rangers fans the other week, Liverpool fans last year and Statue defenders last summer.

Police arrested / fined some NHS staff the week before too about complaining about their pay.

Generally think police are now overreacting to criticism they got from the Tories last year for not reacting strongly enough to BLM

Police arrested / fined some NHS staff the week before too about complaining about their pay.

Generally think police are now overreacting to criticism they got from the Tories last year for not reacting strongly enough to BLM

They're reacting to new laws that have been introduced, that's their job. They don't act independently of government.

You'd think because it was one of there own that is accused of committing the crime they'd go softly rather than seeking to inflame it but I suppose anyone that's been to football matches or had Fruday nights in town will no that there are a good few officers who deliberatseeknto inflame delicate situations.

They're reacting to new laws that have been introduced, that's their job. They don't act independently of government.

Obviously an English law that didn't touch Glasgow a week or so back

That's correct. Formally known as the Health Protection (Coronavirus Restrictions) (All Tiers) (England) Regulations 2020.

That's correct. Formally known as the Health Protection (Coronavirus Restrictions) (All Tiers) (England) Regulations 2020.

Like I said ;)

:D

Without the incredulity, there would be a sense that we accept it. We don't.

Without the incredulity, there would be a sense that we accept it. We don't.

Missing the point. I'm talking about the police reaction and the subsequent white feminist unicorn tears over it.

We expect the police to be like this. There are thugs and agitators amongst their ranks - everyone remembers the racist policeman being saved during the 'Statues' thing, by a black man.

I was saying that for many of the middle-class, white women complaining that the police threw one women to the ground and pushed others, that this was kidgloves compared to what they can be like.

Apart from the Glasgow Rangers thing, which I assume must be because half of them were police, the police have been grabbing, shoving, kicking and truncheoning people all year long.

We expect the police to be like this.

we expect them to behave like this in the face of possible threats to themselves or others, this was about as far removed from that as you can get which is why the "unicorn tears" fffs

from what i heard on the radio today this essentially kicked off cause some arseholes (feminists i think) who turn up to loads of protests were mouthing off and the police decided to stop them

• BlueStar changed the title to Sarah Everard