Kind of suggests gay men are constantly trying to bum straight men against their will.

That's what I initially took from it. :lol:

I wasn't sure if it was posted because it's great advice or because it's mental nonsense :lol:

Kind of suggests gay men are constantly trying to bum straight men against their will.

That's what I initially took from it. :lol:

I wasn't sure if it was posted because it's great advice or because it's mental nonsense :lol:

Can anyone here honestly say they haven’t gone to a gay bar for a few innocent bevvies, only to have one too many and end up fuckin some lad, even though they were in no state to give “consent”?? I know I can.

Can anyone here honestly say they haven’t gone to a gay bar for a few innocent bevvies, only to have one too many and end up fuckin some lad, even though they were in no state to give “consent”?? I know I can.

This puts a whole new meaning on the common use of 'I was bummed when <x> happened' over the pond.

This puts a whole new meaning on the common use of 'I was bummed when <x> happened' over the pond.

I bet Mike[/member] comes along shortly to explain how he accidently bummed someone.....

Maybe they could put plain clothes officers in police stations as well as anywhere young people might be trying to have a good time.

This proposal by the government really is one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard.

Absolutely bezerk. Clearly something they'd wanted to shoehorn in and were just waiting for an excuse to do so.

"rather than 'plain clothes' can we call them 'secret police"

"Oh gosh Pritti huh, as as as Archimedes once said Eureka!"

On the pretence that having some shady looking bloke in the corner eyeballing you or your group makes you as an individual feel safer. Brilliant!

Absolutely chilling.

/and now more nukes too. Well, the clamour for more of those lads was getting pretty deafening. Fucking get in!

I bet Mike[/member] comes along shortly to explain how he accidently bummed someone.....

What happens in the pile, stays in the pile.

There's been a bit of an attitude of oh, it's only a big deal because it's a nice middle class white woman and if it was a minority, a sex worker, a drug user or whatever there wouldn't be such a high profile reaction.  I think it's more that every woman can think of a time she's been in that situation, every woman knows that could have been her and also all the usual things victim blaming you hear about don't get drunk, don't meet guys off tinder, don't wear a short skirt, don't walk home at 1am, don't talk to strangers, stay away from bad areas... Here you've got someone minding her own business, in jeans, relatively early evening, nice enough area, approached by someone who she should have been able to trust who could well have shown her an entirely valid police ID, and she STILL was snatched and murdered. And incredibly there were STILL people going "Oh, well, she shouldn't have been out at 9pm".  And that's not to say that anyone who did any of those supposedly "unwise" things is any more culpable if they find themselves attacked, it just shows that you can take all the precautions in the world, allow the fear of lurking brutes to restrict your life and freedom, and as long as there's this issue with men wanting to hurt women you can still end up dead.

• 2 months later...
17 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

They can now say "former police officer"

There's more incidents of Police officers involved in murder, rapes, attending white-pride/protect the statues rallies etc.

The country need to recalibrate how we recruit people, in my opinion.

This government has allowed too many dangerous people into a service that is meant to protect us all.

Posted (edited)

As I understand it because he's admitted he killed her, but not admitted to murder yet, it may still go to trial.

Which would be horrific for her family given the way the press and public will obsess over the grim details of the case. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

2 minutes ago, Wullie said:

He has admitted to killing her, just hasn't been asked to enter a plea yet, some medical reports are still being waited on.

Let's hope it's just a technical delay rather than him trying to go for a not guilty plea for murder

• BlueStar changed the title to Sarah Everard